Transport Mission suggestions

giuly_adm

Elite
Society
Synergen
Giuliano adm Noooo
I opened this thread to allow everyone to drop suggestions for the new transport mission system coming soon in space.

Personally I would like to see a system that offers multiple options to a single mission, I explain what I mean:

It is expected to have single missions like "take this box to Arkadia for xx PED prize" (let's say 50 PED), and to wait for the next mission available few hours if not days.

Why not have a first delivery from a planet to another or to a determined destination in like 20 minutes for like 20 ped reward, and once arrived to destination to have the option to receive the 20 ped or to take a second box to a second destination in 20 more minutes for a total reward of 35 ped, and so on, end to a maximum of 4-5 travels to get the highest possible reward.

In this way there will be much more travels and battles during mission, included more fun and options for the pilots to choose between.

Please drop your suggestions, I will make a list of the more interesting ones here in second post :)

Reserved...

If the timeframe for delivery is to short then those fighting a hard battle over a very rewarding mission might get punished for it by not only having the expenses of the battle but also failing to claim the reward.
However i think there is slow and instant delivery options on auction and it would be just fitting to have slow and fast missions as well.
I also dont think that missions just have to be between planet related spacestations - there could be missions involving all the spacestations out there forcing spacecrafts to choose between running a transport mission or doing a passenger flight.
It also allows weaker spacecrafts to maybe run missions between remote stations and not having to fight against so many competitors while stronger spacecrafts might attempt running missions between the central hubs were there is most and hardest fights.

Time is just for example, my suggestion is mostly related to the option concept.

Most likely time might just be less at each time you decide to accept a further travel inside the same mission to add more risk to be able to collect the highest reward...

Example:

1st travel - 20 ped total reward - 60 minutes time
2nd travel - 35 ped total reward - 30 minutes time
3rd travel - 50 ped total reward - 20 minutes time

Last edited:
It's an idea worthing thinking about, sure. Not all things thought about get past scrutiny, though :D
If too many actions are time-based, then people may be (cough) "continuously using their maps" just to get to a destination on time....

Such an idea would also obviously favour warping over slow-boating, or ONLY be possible by using warps. That would affect the balance of mine-dropping pirates maybe, as well as destination planning for bigger ships, who might have quite a few missions on board at the same time. Also, if a ship with various missions on it is shot down, then perhaps the pirates will not be able to complete the various cargo runs they have acquired.

Personally, if I were an MA programmer (edit: /game designer if they are the only ones allowed to think), I'd want to look at the idea, yes, but would probably favour other options, such as destinations, in the choices made available.

The transport missions will be a good opportunity for MA to bring in hangar ships which could be capable of transporting multiple cargo crates or possibly smaller ships as well e.g. sleipnir.

The ability to do multiple cargo missions in any one journey has got to be a must for larger ships. So a large ship could be delivering say 20 cargo boxes max in any one journey. That would make it profitable for the transporter and look tempting to a pirate!:eyecrazy:

Smaller ships like sleipnir or quads probably may not be allowed to transport cargo boxes since they can't warp and probably will not have any attachment slots for attaching cargo crates onto them. Perhaps they could be modified and fitted with such an attachment. Interestingly the red quads may have an advantage over normal quads here since they may be fitted with an attachment slot already and/or have a warp capability?

The transport missions will be a good opportunity for MA to bring in hangar ships which could be capable of transporting multiple cargo crates or possibly smaller ships as well e.g. sleipnir.

The ability to do multiple cargo missions in any one journey has got to be a must for larger ships. So a large ship could be delivering say 20 cargo boxes max in any one journey. That would make it profitable for the transporter and look tempting to a pirate!:eyecrazy:

Smaller ships like sleipnir or quads probably may not be allowed to transport cargo boxes since they can't warp and probably will not have any attachment slots for attaching cargo crates onto them. Perhaps they could be modified and fitted with such an attachment. Interestingly the red quads may have an advantage over normal quads here since they may be fitted with an attachment slot already and/or have a warp capability?

I agree. This is the perfect opportunity for MA to give a use to hangars again. Who knows, maybe the missions can be picked up from an NPC in the Hangar. The Hangar owner gets a small fee for ever mission picked up. What would be even better would be that they spent some time allowing the Privateers to enter the atmosphere and land in hangars.

1. Let's wait and see

2. Don't expect a 50 PED reward for doing a warp

I'm getting the feeling that most people will be heavily disappointed when the missions show up. Most likely, rewards will not be in PED either but untradables and/or limited items. Everything we discuss is extrapolations from a single paragraph in a note from MA.

I hope I am wrong.

Seems like you all want nice easy missions with nice ped rewards and minimum risk, but these mission ideas... Strike me as very un-rce and very un-open ended gameplay. Its captains playing with MA as opposed to captains playing players.
Also the idea of pirates looting a ship then delivering the item is just silly, too unrealistic.

I'm not trolling at all (honest) just think its going down a road (flight path) you may regret in a few years.

-kitch

whatever........

Last edited:
I agree. This is the perfect opportunity for MA to give a use to hangars again. Who knows, maybe the missions can be picked up from an NPC in the Hangar. The Hangar owner gets a small fee for ever mission picked up. What would be even better would be that they spent some time allowing the Privateers to enter the atmosphere and land in hangars.

This is the best idea yet :wise:

So far i see mission suggestions that put equus owners in favour and mission suggestions that put privateer/hangar owners in favour, guess i will add one to put mothership owners in favour myself ;)

Lets make lots of low value missions that have cargo space requirements so that the more cargo one can ferry the more missions you can take and the higher value your ship becomes for attacks.
Most likely the only way to do it anyways if mindark wants missions to create incentive for space battles they have to scale the rewards to the size of battles and peds required for it - makes no sense to hand out big mission rewards that every quad can do as it would deplete the mission pool nearly instantly and then there wouldnt be any missions anymore till enough stuff has sold on auction again.

The more important decision for mindark will be if they are going to reduce ammo cost in space to make it more likely for people to fight over lowvalue mission rewards as the rewards likely cant be big enough to compensate for an all out attack on one of the bigger motherships/privateers as it currently stands.

In my opinion decay from warp drives and ammo spent in space battles should also go in the mission reward pool - this would allow a constant refill of the pool or even growth as people fight over missions.

Another mission idea: Connected missions
Example planet calypso originates a 'deliver to arkadia' mission for some cargo while planet rocktropia gives a 'obtain cargo from the ship that took the caly-ark delivery' mission and requires the delivery to rocktropia instead.
Meanwhile planet arkadia could initiate a mission to secure the original cargo transport as soon as one takes the mission from rocktropia (this could be a task like protecting the ship running the transport - you would carry a little cargo container that identifies you to the other vessel stateting that you are there to protect and if the vessel makes it you get a little reward for your own cargo identifier container).

If one has successfully completed a certain amount of missions to intercept other peoples cargo missions there could be missions given out to bring justice to that ship/person by defeating them in a given mission chain which in turn would lock the defeated person/ship from accepting new missions for a set amount of time while giving a reward to the one bringing justice to space.

Last edited:
Interesting ideas. Would be cool for some extended missions in space.

Go to one place only to find out that this place has been over run by pirates, so you need to go to an alternative location with an extra bit of reward for delivery completion. :beerchug:

Back