Mis-labelled BP's

Society
Entropy
Sunsout Tacotuesday Gunsout
This post is to clarify something that needs to be clarified.

Many BP's (mainly on other planets than caly or ark) look like they make UL stuff. They don't.

I have discovered like 10 so far, mainly on Rt and Toulan, and tbh, I am sick of getting all the PM's from dumbshits trying to buy them because they think they make UL weapons!

I could have ripped so many people off by now if I was a shady person, but I haven't. (Despite my ability to talk like an asshole, I am am NOT an asshole who tries to rip people off.)

Some other already are trying to do that by deliberately not crafting the item (even when it's super easy to click) and then listing the BP right away in auction...hell, I even seen orders for 2k ped for one of the Rt ones, and even though I know it makes a L item, I never sold the bp to that order because I knew it was a shitty thing to do.

SO time for some of you to learn what MA should have been telling you anyway...these BP's make LIMITED STUFF!

Got it? LIIIIIIIIIIIIMITED!

Now tell MA you want this shit fixed in support cases, so I can go on discovering BP's for shitty L stuff in peace, without having to explain to a dozen a-holes who don't know shit that what they are trying to lowball me for is NOT what they think it is.

Love ya, Taco.

There are dozens more, I just included a few pics for reference.

Yup plenty ingame, made supportcase about one in 2013, they said they are looking into it, support case is still open :)

This a major potential trap for the un-aware.

Me being one of those 'a-holes' to fall in to that trap and enquire(not to buy,just thought there were new toys out there).

I can understand how annoying it must be to go through it a dozen times everytime you loot something like this.

They won't do anything.

Same with estate and auction rip off opportunities, pvp and space exploits. Easy to fix shit that they just don't bother about.

Thanks for sharing though.

:(

Taco, I see you gained alot of weight on that pic!
Are you smuggling faps?

Wouldn't the naming of BP's be the responsibility of the relevant Planet Partner, rather than MindArk themselves?

Have you tried posting about the Toulan ones on their forum? They might appreciate the feedback, and I doubt they'd be reading this forum.

While I don't think Rocktropia has a forum presently, ND is apparently ingame from time to time, so I guess you could try contacting him about it directly.

Wasn't it mentioned that some items that were L didn't need the L in the their names anymore but it comes from the settings of the object in code.

They might be thinking it applies to everything, told the PP's that and they're now left in limbo where if they add it they'll need to remove it all again in a future update.

Now I see what it is! lol Gratz on the Discovery! :cool:
I assume your BP is UL ;)

I always thought the Rocktropia ones were part of the rebellious culture theme related to the planet. On other planets, not so sure if it's a mistake or just a copy/paste of the RT design.

Taco, I see you gained alot of weight on that pic!
Are you smuggling faps?

you caught me!

and now everyone knows where that one tt is that still sells the fanoos v1! ;)

This a major potential trap for the un-aware.

Me being one of those 'a-holes' to fall in to that trap and enquire(not to buy,just thought there were new toys out there).

I can understand how annoying it must be to go through it a dozen times everytime you loot something like this.

Hehe yeah you weren't one of the a-holes...lots of people asked me what it was, including good friends...so this isn't directed at any of you guys

Its the ones who say, "GZ...where you are? It makes UL right? I will meet you right now and buy it for 500 ped" that piss me off cuz I know their dumb-asses will get bit by this eventually :)

And though they were lucky that I looted it and not some unscrupulous person, it really sucks to have to explain to a whole new crop of people that its for a Limited item every time I loot one.

Some don't even believe me and get an attitude with me...it really is starting to suck :)

Last edited:
Wouldn't the naming of BP's be the responsibility of the relevant Planet Partner, rather than MindArk themselves?

Have you tried posting about the Toulan ones on their forum? They might appreciate the feedback, and I doubt they'd be reading this forum.

While I don't think Rocktropia has a forum presently, ND is apparently ingame from time to time, so I guess you could try contacting him about it directly.

It is MA's responsibility to review and green-light every item introduced in game including BP's.

If it was up to the planet owners, then we would be seeing a ton of stuff with "mod, imp, adj, unique" etc in the name just to draw interest to their respective planets...why not, since it's not MA responsibility as you say...

Ma runs this show, and if MA lets people that can barely afford a coder to have a planet here, then MA needs to fix their mistakes. For the benefit of the universe, AND because MA should have had it done right in the first place...MA can fix it in 1 hour...for a PP like Toulan or Rt, it would take 3 months.

But MOST importantly:

ALL Bp's should show what the item is it creates....from the AUCTION HOUSE OR FROM A LINK....not just from sticking it in the crafting machine.

Therefore, the support case should go to MA...not just about these BP's, but about ALL BP's in general, and about how our BP's should clearly indicate what item that BP makes.

Last edited:
But MOST importantly:

ALL Bp's should show what the item is it creates....from the AUCTION HOUSE OR FROM A LINK....not just from sticking it in the crafting machine.

Therefore, the support case should go to MA...not just about these BP's, but about ALL BP's in general, and about how our BP's should clearly indicate what item that BP makes.

I've often wondered this. No clue how many times I've seen a BP and debated on buying it but wanted to know what the TT value of the end product was, the MU on end product, etc. I imagine that since it is something coded into the auction already that you can look at items without actually opening the auction and into the crafting terminal that you can see the end product info that it could be implemented somehow.

We should compile a list of all mis-labelled BPs in another thread that need to be fixed.

The List:

Every RT BP.

Every BP on NI from when ND worked on it.

Every BP on Toulan that copied ND's naming method for whatever retarded reason.

Back