Entropia in media

Derid

Prowler
Society
Antipodean Army
So, I had one of my employees attend a radio interview this morning about gaming. I talked to him last week as he is a new employee of mine and I talked some about Entropia for him and so forth. He just got back and said he had mentioned Entropia in the discussion on the radio as they were talking about morality in gaming etc. I feel quite happy that maybe someone will hear the radio show and get their eyes opened about Entropia! :silly2:

Tho, to the point, how much have you guys seen Entropia in media? What can we as a player base make people more aware of Entropia?

Also if people have some more recent media coverage of Entropia I would love to read. I only keep finding the old stuff about "super duper expensive virtual stuff bought / sold".

Derid

Ps. The radioshow should be aired in Sweden on P3 on Saturday at 18.03

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/avsnitt/505538?programid=4090

Here in Germany i have't seen Entropia in the media well i think ever. I see frequent Google Ads, but beside that it seems Entropia is still the unknown niche game it was when i started EU.

There are however signs this is slowly changing as EU got attention of Chinese gold sellers already ( It didn't last very long :laugh: ).

I still hope Entropia becomes more known and popular and i'll see some positive articles and such in our media as well.

It used to get on the BBC news website years back, first when TI sold, then the asteroid. It was media coverage that convinced me to try it out.

These days, I never see any mention of it in the UK. Second Life and WoW became more talked about but have now largely slipped out of sight too.

Here in the UK I don't recall the game ever being in the mainstream media, as to encouraging new players, I have thought about this a lot. Ask yourself this.

The player base in this game is limited to (and I generalise) older players with disposable income. Do you really want this game opened up to a bunch of ex-LOL and WOW teenagers who would quite frankly reduce the quality of the game. Do I want a larger player base, well perhaps but only if the quality of the new players was consistent with the current ones.

What advantage would you gain if the player base doubled, would you enjoy the game twice as much, I doubt it. As has been mentioned in this forum many times.

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR

...Do you really want this game opened up to a bunch of ex-LOL and WOW teenagers who would quite frankly reduce the quality of the game. Do I want a larger player base, well perhaps but only if the quality of the new players was consistent with the current ones.

What advantage would you gain if the player base doubled, would you enjoy the game twice as much, I doubt it. As has been mentioned in this forum many times.

Judging by Rookie chat sometimes I think they are already here ! :laugh:

Here in the UK I don't recall the game ever being in the mainstream media, as to encouraging new players, I have thought about this a lot. Ask yourself this.

The player base in this game is limited to (and I generalise) older players with disposable income. Do you really want this game opened up to a bunch of ex-LOL and WOW teenagers who would quite frankly reduce the quality of the game. Do I want a larger player base, well perhaps but only if the quality of the new players was consistent with the current ones.

Well, see it from the different perspective. No new players arrive, planet partners dying out due to low population and activity vs income etc. Don't think it is a viable option to "hide" the game from the general public and I think many of the Wow dudes etc will perish quite fast as Entropia is not really a fast paced get your epics kind of game. Survival of the fittest.

Need to get some bad apples in to get the whole orchard.

I learned of EU (then PE) from an article in a magazine.

Yes, that is right...oldschool paper.

I seen entropia advertised only once in my life and it was at the time when Neverdie bought CND, read about it on some gaming portal. When I tell people in other games that I play entropia universe, they have no idea what I'm talking about.

I learned of EU (then PE) from an article in a magazine.

Yes, that is right...oldschool paper.

Me too actually. Was in in national news paper... Only just the other day (about 9 years ago).
Dam news paper... Can I blame them ?

Even if I know it cost a lot of money it would be fun I they did a test with some TV-commercial. They do a limited local test on a Swedish sport channel just to see if that had any effect.

All i can remember was that Entropia and Second Life were on 60 minutes on channel 9 in australia eons ago when David Storey did an interview, that was about it .

Agis

All i can remember was that Entropia and Second Life were on 60 minutes on channel 9 in australia eons ago when David Storey did an interview, that was about it .

Agis

Yeh, was all the hype on news around about then,

http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/stories/lizhayes/274428/my-second-life

The article that caught my attention and initial interest in trying eu was around Christmas before that story.
Will keep looking, am sure it was in the Australian.

All the best,
Indica

The july issue 2006 of the PM magazine, a german science mag, was about WoW and the whole MMO hype. There i found a side column about ND and his story and PE. I tried it out and after almost a decade i am still here.

Besides the adds Jennson mentioned before i havent seen anything else in the german media. Its funny that i get the adds, thats a real waste of time and money... but i also dont want other adds so i am okay with that.

Know it not really media related, but is some sort of effort to get potential new players.
Still not at same standard that got some us interested.

Indica

PS thought was odd wording, the build my own company?!?!

Last edited:
Back