Where are the RK-20s?

Society
Titans of Space
Qster Qster QQQ
No BP on auction, very little actual tools on auction, shops are empty, and I haven't looted a BP after grinding several thousand tools.

In my grinding sessions (from 1000 to 10000 clicks) is less RK-20 BP's than in the past, and with decreased clicks quantity for looted BP's.
Session in 5000 clicks can give zero RK-20 BP's in result. :(
I have some quauntity of RK-20 in my Rocktropia Shop and on Arkadia, but that's all...

Probably trying to close the VSE gap as they did with the Captain profession. Next up is an exploit for repairing that brings everyone to 30+ in VSE....

Probably trying to close the VSE gap as they did with the Captain profession. Next up is an exploit for repairing that brings everyone to 30+ in VSE....
I doubt. BP's drop (overall) was changed after the introduction of Explo BP

This scenario always has me thinking on the distribution of (L) clicks.

This might be a result of a set number of clicks in the world, and accumulation over time. Its possible that so many clicks are hoarded and forgotten about/not used that more wont drop until people go out and click the ones sitting in everyone's storage.

It seems all (L) bps suffer this fate at some point, and likely, until people dig em out and release them to be looted again, they will become more and more rare. Perhaps a flaw in the loot algorithm, and also why they added the form of (L).

The same drop mechanic works in hunting (x number of x weapon in the world), they needed a fix for the UL items that never expired and just collected dust/got hoarded/ttd/devalued the current supply.

Weapons have more motivational power to unload at the TT/sell at 50 ped vs .50 pec (L) bp. Those .50 pecs add up in everyone's storage.....other items in the game are usually to much PED tied up to keep lying around very long.

I think when they changed the (L) sib bps and weapons, they didn't consider the hoarding effect of crafting clicks, largely due to the tt value of the clicks themselves.

Thats my theory I keep jumping back too anyhow.

I hope not :) I'm well over that :D Maybe 40+ for those of us in there 30's (VSE ofc :))

This scenario always has me thinking on the distribution of (L) clicks.

This might be a result of a set number of clicks in the world, and accumulation over time. Its possible that so many clicks are hoarded and forgotten about/not used that more wont drop until people go out and click the ones sitting in everyone's storage.

It seems all (L) bps suffer this fate at some point, and likely, until people dig em out and release them to be looted again, they will become more and more rare. Perhaps a flaw in the loot algorithm, and also why they added the form of (L).

The same drop mechanic works in hunting (x number of x weapon in the world), they needed a fix for the UL items that never expired and just collected dust/got hoarded/ttd/devalued the current supply.

Weapons have more motivational power to unload at the TT/sell at 50 ped vs .50 pec (L) bp. Those .50 pecs add up in everyone's storage.....other items in the game are usually to much PED tied up to keep lying around very long.

I think when they changed the (L) sib bps and weapons, they didn't consider the hoarding effect of crafting clicks, largely due to the tt value of the clicks themselves.

Thats my theory I keep jumping back too anyhow.
That was my understanding of the distribution as well. But at what point does MA step in to correct this? Even the rk5 BP isn't dropping and when the supplies run out how are vehicle to be repaired?

There is no problem with a RK-5 Blueprints, only with RK-20

I would also like to add that if most players will be engaged in only with production explosives (and residue) and thinking only about HoF (gambling), you will not see on market not only the RK-20, but much more ...

I don't understand why you'd need RK20, RK5 seems ok to me...

RK20, I'm sure skills faster, but nothing bigger than RK20, so why use it to skill?...

only reason I see to use RK20 is to repair faster, but if you are repairing, seems to me like you are most likely in a position where there is not a need to repair faster than RK5 (unless you are super impatient, or looking to skill unnecessarily)

can someone explain the logic in this to me? :scratch2:

I don't understand why you'd need RK20, RK5 seems ok to me...

RK20, I'm sure skills faster, but nothing bigger than RK20, so why use it to skill?...

only reason I see to use RK20 is to repair faster, but if you are repairing, seems to me like you are most likely in a position where there is not a need to repair faster than RK5 (unless you are super impatient, or looking to skill unnecessarily)

can someone explain the logic in this to me? :scratch2:

to repair your ship faster while under attack by pirates?

Mostly for hunting. We don't drown the space mobs at a SS we hunt them. The faster the ship is repaired the more mobs we can hunt. Anybody that hunts in space on a mothership with little to no crew knows how hard it is to repair with an rk5.

ah, I suppose that makes sense!

only been on a space ship maybe 5 times or so, I didn't even think of that! :duh:

A few more appearing on auction, lets just hope it was a minor blip while they were implementing the RK50 :cool:

RK-20 (L) is now available in my Shop on Caly (18) and Rock (10)
Tomorrow RK-20 will also available on Ark. :cool:
Prices are below AH

Most likely conspiracy theory is that their getting ready to add a new series of repair tools which use new stackables and want the old series of tools to disappear.

They seem to be back to normal now :)
(still stacking several dozen just incase ;) )

Funny, I make a support case and not an hour later they start dropping again.

Back