Cecko's Mining Adventures

Philip Mercer

Mature
Philip Cecko Mercer
I love reading mining logs, so I decided its time for me to start one. I hope it will be entertaining for all of you.
I don't have a specific goal, but I dream to own a land area. So let this be my goal - to hit enough towers/ATHs to be able to buy a land area :yay:
Mostly I mine planetside on Caly and Ark. I want to do Foma/Hell/Ark UG runs, but my ped card will not survive there.
I am level 27 Prospector, 23 Surveyor and 8 Treasure hunter. I always aim for the best markup possible.
My favorite finder is Emine FS. I will use other finders only if I want more depth. I like to mine amped with level 5, but as soon I can afford it I will move on to level 8.
I started logging my runs at the beginning of the year, so in the first run I will post all the results till now.
Okay, enough with the chit-chat, here it is

Run #1/10.01.2015-19.02.2015

TT Spent: -15 914
TT Return: 14 243
Markup: 2 349
Total Return: +16 592

Overall Profit: +678

Approximately 5k drops, level 5 amp. Most of the big claims were XIV, XV and XVI, the biggest were 2 XIX, as the second is from Tuesday.

Next run will be unusual for me and I have something interesting to show you.

Last edited:
Good luck with your log! Subbed. :cool:

Run #2/20.2.2015

TT Spent: -136
TT Return: 130 (96%)
Markup: 54 (42%)
Total Return: 184
Profit/Loss: +48

Overall Profit/Loss: +726

After some very good days in a row I felt that bad days are coming so decided to make a run for rares. Unamped. This way my loss will be less. After approximately 20 drops this little baby popped up :yay:

Last edited:
Run #3/21.2.2015

TT Spent: -530
TT Return: 444 (84%)
Markup: 53 (12%)
Total Return: 497
Profit/Loss: -33

Overall Profit/Loss: +693

First I did 130 drops for rares again, didn't hit anything special, but the hit rate was decent. After that I continue with level 5 amp. Found a lot of azzurdite - nice MU these days. At the end the hit rate become very low and only the XIV Zinc kept me from a big loss.

Last edited:
Run #4/22.2.15

TT Spent: 594
TT Return: 430 (72%)
Markup: 32 (7%)
Total Return: 462
Profit/Loss: -132

Overall Profit/Loss: +561

This time decided to try Arkadia UG. Enmatter only, level 5 amp. The run started well, I had good hit rate and hit some Dianthus, but after that it all became NRF fest. Good thing is that I stopped to take part in a team hunt and won some peds back :D

Run #5/23.2.15

TT Spent: 156
TT Return: 395 (253%)
Markup: 43 (11%)
Total Return: 438
Profit/Loss: +282

Overall Profit/Loss: +843

Another full unamped run for rares @ Caly. Started with a good hit rate and almost at the beginning I finally found my first zanderium - 1 stone only, but this is enough. Now I am a true believer that rares can be found on the right place and with enough depth on the finder.
One problem though - the depth enhancers brake rate is too fast. Less than 500 drops and I already broke probably 10 enhancers.
But all this is forgotten in the moment when Lootius blessed me with a HOF - XVI Adomasite :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: MPZ
Run #6/24.2.15

TT Spent: -306
TT Return: 278 (91%)
Markup: 31 (11%)
Total Return: 309
Profit/Loss: +3

Overall Profit/Loss: +846

Caly again. Lvl 5 amp, ores only. Scouted new area, low hit rate but a swirl (XIV, Belk) pulled me on the green side.

Last edited:
Run #7/25.2.15

TT Spent: -514
TT Return: 396 (77%)
Markup: 37 (9%)
Total Return: 433
Profit/Loss: -81

Overall Profit/Loss: +765

This time lvl 7 amp, ores only @ Caly. The most interesting claim was XII Belk and I failed again to hit high MU stuff. After the good runs that I had lately it's probably time for some loosing streak.

Last edited:
Run #8/26.2.15

TT Spent: -230
TT Return: 175 (76%)
Markup: 57 (33%)
Total Return: 232
Profit/Loss: +2

Overall Profit/Loss: +767

This time I went after some enmatters with lvl 5 amp, but due to low hit rate after approximately 30 drops I went to my favorite tridenite area and I found it again :wtg:

Last edited:
Run #9/28.2.15

TT Spent: -412
TT Return: 357 (87%)
Markup: 52 (15%)
Total Return: 409
Profit/Loss: -3

Overall Profit/Loss: +764

Arkadia this time. Combination of amped and unamped run mostly without amp. It was a tough one. The run started very bad, low hit rate, I had to switch 6-7 times the area, until I became satisfied with the hit rate and I managed to recover the early losses.
If I have more time tomorrow I will post a more detailed info on my overall progress.

It's time for some more detailed stats of my overall progress until now, and some explanations.

Important clarification first. When I calculate things I like to round the numbers, and I apologize if I made mistakes here and there, or if I did it on purpose. The reason is my last year's spreadsheet - I was counting everything to the last pec and I was so frustrated in the end so I stopped playing the game for 7 months. Now I follow the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid :eyecrazy:). I made up a very comfortable way to keep the counting of the peds spent and returns as simple as possible, despite my very mixed mining style.

overall_stats_766138.jpg

TT Spent include everything - probes, finder/extractor/amp decay and the MU of the amp. The other columns of the first table are self explanatory.
The second table shows my other expenditures that are not included in the calculations yet. Enhancers include TT value+MU; MU paid is the markup I paid for finders; decay is actually the refiner decay only; and the oil keep my vehicles running.
And it's still work in progress, I planned some changes, but I am too lazy to do them now :tongue2:

I was going to forget this. The calculations of the Markup of every run might not be very accurate every time. The reason is that I make calculations of the resources that I put on auction or sell to a trader, but some stuff I just put in the storage and when I made big enough stack then the calculated MU will go to the run when I made the stack full.

This month I will focus on raising my surveyor professional level, because I am very eager to find Dunkel.

Any suggestions/questions are welcome :)

Run #10/1.3.15

TT Spent: -348
TT Return: 294 (84%)
Markup: 98 (33%)
Total Return: 392
Profit/Loss: +44

Overall Profit/Loss: +808

Ark and Caly today, I found 2 stones of tridenite, 1 stone on each planet :cool:

Run #11/3.3.15

TT Spent: -407
TT Return: 266 (65%)
Markup: 16 (6%)
Total Return: 282
Profit/Loss: -125

Overall Profit/Loss: +683

Mix of Ark and Caly amped and unmaped run from the last 2 days. I couldn't resist myself from spending peds - I chipped in surveying skills and I am searching for Dunkel now. No luck plus the absolutely frustrating low hit rate are killing me. I am definitely in a down swing now. But the loss is acceptable. More luck next time :cool:

Run #12/4.3.15

TT Spent: -255
TT Return: 248 (97%)
Markup: 20 (8%)
Total Return: 268
Profit/Loss: +13

Overall Profit/Loss: +696

Unamped run for rares, both ore and enmatter. Main goal was dunkel, didn't found it of course. The good thing was that my hit rate was constant through out the whole run. The markup came from 1 stone of zanderium, some gold, kanerium and some devil's.

Run #13/5.3.15

TT Spent: -242
TT Return: 196 (81%)
Markup: 5 (3%)
Total Return: 201
Profit/Loss: -41

Overall Profit/Loss: +655

Unamped again. No dunkel and very boring. Mined almost all areas for rares, didn't found anything at all and with very low hit rate. I think I am going to start doing amped runs again. It's been a while since my last swirl.

Last edited:
Run #14/6.3.15

TT Spent: -603
TT Return: 485 (80%)
Markup: 48 (10%)
Total Return: 533
Profit/Loss: -70

Overall Profit/Loss: +585

HELL run this time. I was bored of this unamped running around Calypso. Did approximately 400 drops with lvl 2 amp and I am pretty happy with the result. I hit a nice MU stuff, my problem is that I wanted a fast sell and sold the resources at lower rates. Still, it is not that bad :) I have a feeling that soon I will start hofing again :)

Run #15/7.3.15

Peds Spent: -834
TT Return: 732 (88%)
Markup: 156 (21%)
Total Return: 888
Profit/Loss: +54

Overall Profit/Loss: +639

Time for an Arkadian run. Lvl 5 amp, some areas for enmatter and some for ore. The run started not great, but the hit rate was good enough to keep me dropping. Then finally a swirl again XV Zinc :) After that things changed. Lots of claims, a lot of high MU resources. I was almost asleep at one point and only the sound of getting claims kept me awake.

Last edited:
Run #16/08-09.03.2015

Peds Spent: -603
TT Return: 543 (90%)
Markup: 147 (27%)
Total Return: 690
Profit/Loss: +87

Overall Profit/Loss: +726

Calypso. Lvl 2 and 5 amps. Tried various areas, but stuck to high MU ones. The downswing should be over for now, because a lot of days in a row I have a very consistent hit rate and I am hitting the right resources. Lets hope I start globaling and be able to show you the pics. I always like watching pictures when reading logs :)

Reactions: MPZ
Run #17/10-11.03.2015

Peds Spent: -571
TT Return: 401 (70%)
Markup: 84 (21%)
Total Return: 485
Profit/Loss: -86

Overall Profit/Loss: +640

Caly. Lvl 5 amp. Nothing special. Low hit rate all the time, good markup though.
Better days will follow :cool:.

Run #18/12-13.03.2015

Peds Spent: -1478
TT Return: 1260 (85%)
Markup: 163 (13%)
Total Return: 1423
Profit/Loss: -55

Overall Profit/Loss: +585

Caly. Lvl 5 amp mostly, only tested new areas with lvl 2. Not bad results, but not good either. Less markup than the previous runs too:scratch2:. Need to work harder for it, its the only thing that keep me alive.
Now, time for some whining :laugh: It is very frustrating the lack of big claims, not only swirls, but something like XII at least. Almost half of the month have past and only one global and the other biggest claim is XI. I am getting very bored, same claim sizes all the time, every day. Compared to the last 2 months, this one is total sh*t. I hope things will get better soon, I need some fun moments to keep my interest.

Run #19/14.03.2015

Peds Spent: -589
TT Return: 370 (63%)
Markup: 34 (9%)
Total Return: 404
Profit/Loss: -185

Overall Profit/Loss: +400

Caly. Decided to have some fun with one lvl 13 amp, and some drops with lvl 5 after that. Only 2xXIII, the other claims wasn't shiny. It wasn't a complete fail though, from my worst runs this one goes on position #3 :laugh:.
I should probably move to Arkadia for a while, maybe this will braak the spell and I will hit something bigger.

Back