Whats worse

Aeris_is_back

Stalker
Society
My FL
Darcy Aeris Wood : was Darcy Aeris is Back Wood
Taking a neighbours cat that has ear mites, fleas, upper respiratory tract infection, with no tags or tattoos "prolly has worms also". to the SPCA in the hopes a good caring person adopts it or doing nothing at all. "though I already stopped off at the vet today to get medication for the fleas and ear mites because its fucked up to let an animal run around like that".

I know this cat did not come from the SPCA because they force you to get the animal shots, a tattoo, and spay or neuter it prior to allowing you to adopt it. this is just some looser who got a kitten from a friend and has done nothing for it ever.

I could really care less about any legal concerns, I have no problems standing in front of a judge if I go the kittennapping route.

so do I just take it to the SPCA? its small, young, and cute, it has a good chance at finding a home.

Sounds like Feline AIDS. How much money do you want to spend?

Pass on what you know to the prevention of cruelty org, having a pet they have a duty to keep it healthy etc.

Or at least ring them and explain the situation, and ask best way forwards.

Sounds like Feline AIDS. How much money do you want to spend?

the spca is a shelter they take animals in for free and try to find homes for them, it would cost me nothing. the meds I got him or her today was only 40 bucks.

Think Norbert's right on this...

Its better to approach those organizations and ask for their advice on how best to handle this case.

They probably have the contacts or means to "rescue" the cat legally.

Besides...doing it this way (though roundabout) is much better than having you "sued" for cat-napping...not to mention that the "neighbor" won't know that its "you" (and saves you from getting into trouble with that fella later on...considering that you will still be living beside each other I reckon).

Think Norbert's right on this...

Its better to approach those organizations and ask for their advice on how best to handle this case.

They probably have the contacts or means to "rescue" the cat legally.

Besides...doing it this way (though roundabout) is much better than having you "sued" for cat-napping...not to mention that the "neighbor" won't know that its "you" (and saves you from getting into trouble with that fella later on...considering that you will still be living beside each other I reckon).

Fuck all that trying to be friend with a jerk treating cats bad!! Treat him as he treats his cats???

Take the cat to fastest best help it can get ! :)

Fuck all that trying to be friend with a jerk treating cats bad!! Treat him as he treats his cats???

Take the cat to fastest best help it can get ! :)

On the contrary, its not the idea of trying to "stay as" friends with a jerk. Its more the matter of him (the jerk) making life difficult for you. (Considering that he's a jerk....he might do just about anything to make trouble for you or your family members. Catch my drift?)

I really did not provide to much information as I could have in the first post.

I don't know who's cat it is, and have no plans to walk around the neighborhood trying to find them nothing good could come from it. I'm an old school person, not about hotlines and reporting, just go do what needs to be done. I can be a little over the top so I thought I would ask people who are not friends that would tend to agree with me. looks like you all feel the same way. Ill take the little cat to the shelter tomorrow.

kitty.jpg

My cat, that was found at a nearby park almost dead, abandoned and lactating with no kittens around, took a liking to your photo (for real, she sniffed the screen) so I think she is saying rescue it and get it to the SPCA. I second this. Screw the person who "owns" it. He or she has no right if it has been neglected.

In Alberta it costs 200 Canadian to surrender an animal there whether or not it was yours, it doesn't matter. I would ask your local SPCA and find out definitively what their intentions are with it. After that, you will have far better info to work with.

From what hat I've seen on their site, "The BC SPCA has a solemn responsibility to the public to only adopt animals that are as physically, emotionally, and behaviourally as healthy as can readily be determined, and that do not pose a danger to the public." This was for a dog, but it applies to all animals.

In Alberta it costs 200 Canadian to surrender an animal there whether or not it was yours, it doesn't matter. I would ask your local SPCA and find out definitively what their intentions are with it. After that, you will have far better info to work with.

From what hat I've seen on their site, "The BC SPCA has a solemn responsibility to the public to only adopt animals that are as physically, emotionally, and behaviourally as healthy as can readily be determined, and that do not pose a danger to the public." This was for a dog, but it applies to all animals.

I adopted the cat I have now from the BC SPCA I think it was only 150ish max. if the BC SPCA will only take cats in good shape ill take it to the vet get all the vacations/deworming/boy or girl parts cut off, it needs the only problems I see with it is the health. its really friendly, dose not scratch things and uses the other litter box I set up for it. its better behaved then my cat.

+ reppie for that ;) on the other hand why dont you keep him/her.

I would like to but my cat likes pvp more then I do, if I have them in the same room my cat attacks until the stray cry's and runs off.

How can you be this nice guy and a pirate too?

Just be careful. Here some rescues do not have a "No-kill" policy. Our RSPCA for example its reported kills 50% of the animals brought to its care. It might seem like the right thing to do for the wee guy, but might be out of the frying pan and into the fire.

From a legal stand point, taking the cat knowing that it has an owner would be theft. But as it has no tags, ID etc, then as far as your concerned its a stray who needs some love.

Can you or anyone you know offer it a nice home? I'd be inclined to put up a poster saying " Cat found ( with its pic) That the cat has x y and Z problems with it that the SPCA are now investigating, could the owner please contact ****"

This way, you are covering your back from a legal stand point, and there is a very low chance the owner will come forward, unless they are prepared to begin to look after the cat properly.

If you put up a poster, get no replies, then I'd either be keeping the wee guy myself, re-homing him to someone I know, or worst case taking him to a No-Kill shelter.

Its admirable that you are trying to do the best for the wee tyke. Good luck :)

Just be careful. Here some rescues do not have a "No-kill" policy. Our RSPCA for example its reported kills 50% of the animals brought to its care. It might seem like the right thing to do for the wee guy, but might be out of the frying pan and into the fire.

From a legal stand point, taking the cat knowing that it has an owner would be theft. But as it has no tags, ID etc, then as far as your concerned its a stray who needs some love.

Can you or anyone you know offer it a nice home? I'd be inclined to put up a poster saying " Cat found ( with its pic) That the cat has x y and Z problems with it that the SPCA are now investigating, could the owner please contact ****"

This way, you are covering your back from a legal stand point, and there is a very low chance the owner will come forward, unless they are prepared to begin to look after the cat properly.

If you put up a poster, get no replies, then I'd either be keeping the wee guy myself, re-homing him to someone I know, or worst case taking him to a No-Kill shelter.

Its admirable that you are trying to do the best for the wee tyke. Good luck :)

Yeah...I've heard that some of the places do opt to put down animals if and when they've run out of space to keep them. So better ask properly too...before you end up sending it to its doom.

I adopted the cat I have now from the BC SPCA I think it was only 150ish max. if the BC SPCA will only take cats in good shape ill take it to the vet get all the vacations/deworming/boy or girl parts cut off, it needs the only problems I see with it is the health. its really friendly, dose not scratch things and uses the other litter box I set up for it. its better behaved then my cat.

I would like to but my cat likes pvp more then I do, if I have them in the same room my cat attacks until the stray cry's and runs off.

Keep them separate to begin with. Your "first" cat is just trying to defend its territory but they will probably eventually learn to at least tolerate each other. I say probably because some cats are antisocial to the point of not tolerating another cat in the house. In my experience though, (a lifetime of living with cats, and 6 at present) such cats are rare. Adopting it yourself is probably better than taking it to the shelter where it probably has a good chance of being tidied away into a communal incineration bag. :( Unless your local shelter has a no kill policy that is.

Keep them separate to begin with. Your "first" cat is just trying to defend its territory but they will probably eventually learn to at least tolerate each other. I say probably because some cats are antisocial to the point of not tolerating another cat in the house. In my experience though, (a lifetime of living with cats, and 6 at present) such cats are rare. Adopting it yourself is probably better than taking it to the shelter where it probably has a good chance of being tidied away into a communal incineration bag. :( Unless your local shelter has a no kill policy that is.

Good advice.

I also have a ninja cat, most humans are wary of :laugh: I got a new kitten and he was intent on destroying her. I kept them separate, just sniffing under the door for a week, then supervised interaction.

He would growl hiss swipe and bite, but the younger one knew how to just back off. Once he knew his authority wasn't being threatened, that she would back off when he asked, they became inseparable. And still are. Best buddies :)

If the only thing holding you back from keeping the kitten is your other cats reaction, then it is possible to get them to accept each other.

Ninja cat holding the baby by the throat...

Ninja cat still looking sinister... but now has his sidekick!

How can you be this nice guy and a pirate too?

Like any human I am capable of any kind of behavior, Good, Bad, or otherwise. To define me as a pirate and then think you know me would end with you making a statement as we see you made above. Some time ago you learned I'm aggressive and adversarial, today you learned I'm also empathetic and have a strong drive to defend things that cannot defend them self. who knows what tomorrow will bring.

I feel the best ways to judge a person is to judge by how they treat something lesser then them self, I put great weight in this when interacting with another person. Feeling bad for a stray animal or a child dragged around by the arm crying by an angry parent is not enough. If you have the ability to do something about it and choose to only feel bad, I feel you detract from our humanity as a whole.

please note when I say both lesser and child I'm not saying a child is lesser then an adult only to reflect the child's inability to fend for its self.

Back