Define Ambition in gaming terms.

I would hope from here on out we have some real thoughts about what might be possible.

I am often too rigid in countering others, they are too rigid in fighting me, and so it goes on.

But I would like to hear your voice in what is - in your opinion - possible, for 2015 and beyond.

4 000 people? is that the best we can get when 200 000 000 play other games?

Or some kind of compromise?

This thread was always about character Rick, you just got started late into the game. Had me a nice fight with a Scandinavian chap who had balls. Nationality is always going to be a factor in this kind of debate. But secondary I hope to the real issue, of how we pull EU into the world of 100 000. 500 000 3 000 000 players.

Because if we cannot we are saying something wrong

Maybe the answer to that is understanding what people want now. When EU first came out if really was new and exciting, in fact after every major update, I remember having to buy a new computer just to cope with the new changes. These days you can run EU on a reasonably priced laptop with dedicated graphics (and maybe "not tested" even with Intels new chips with integrated "Iris" graphics, which apple pushed for).

So the world has "caught up" with EU. I've often asked myself if MA were to create an 'EU reloaded', with the knowledge they have now along side this EU, would I start again? Maybe if I was ten yeas younger maybe I would, but I'm kinda set in my ways. That doesn't mean to say the world wouldn't want that. who knows.

I think compet will decide the future direction for EU. If it's a massive hit (I mean from non- EU experienced players), then it will open MA's eyes that more than one platform has huge potential. It's a massive gamble that I'm sure is costing a small fortune. We will see.

Rick

Maybe the answer to that is understanding what people want now. When EU first came out if really was new and exciting, in fact after every major update, I remember having to buy a new computer just to cope with the new changes. These days you can run EU on a reasonably priced laptop with dedicated graphics (and maybe "not tested" even with Intels new chips with integrated "Iris" graphics, which apple pushed for).

So the world has "caught up" with EU. I've often asked myself if MA were to create an 'EU reloaded', with the knowledge they have now along side this EU, would I start again? Maybe if I was ten yeas younger maybe I would, but I'm kinda set in my ways. That doesn't mean to say the world wouldn't want that. who knows.

I think compet will decide the future direction for EU. If it's a massive hit (I mean from non- EU experienced players), then it will open MA's eyes that more than one platform has huge potential. It's a massive gamble that I'm sure is costing a small fortune. We will see.

Rick

So, what is possible in your imagination Rick? You have to remember relatively few people care about their own fates IRL or in game because they are too poorly prepared to ask questions. That we do is a good thing.

You also have to remember too many people follow me to argue with me simple because I am somewhat popular here hence it makes them relatively popular.

All that aside, we have to strive to answer the questions.

Last edited:
So, what is possible in your imagination Rick?

I think the issue with the current EU is the baggage, it's carrying ten years worth of adjustments. Like someone once said it's like moving a tanker, it's a huge beast.

All the said, the concept still works, but I think grinding has seen it's day. I see the game moving more towards shared but with a theme. The wave events are popular, because once they get going it can be really exciting, and gets loads of people involved.

But where it fails, is limited final rewards to the few.

Here is my idea for Planet partner, that I would do if I had the funds.

I would want a ladder format. Imagine a tower but each floor is the size of CP. You only qualify to enter the next level (floor), once you completed enough kills of grinding. In essence you unlock that floor.

Then every 5th floor I would have a wave event format. You had to achieve a certain level of damage throughout the wave and a certain amount of damage on the boss mob, to "personally" unlock the next floor.

Now let's assume there're rewards at every floor (that everyone gets), like bound armours and weapons, and faps at each level you "won", the community would likely work together to make it happen. Because they new that a floor 6, there would be new set of "better" faps, better guns.

Now lets assume you already had floor 5 "wave" done. By helping others get their wave done too (helping others up), there would be bonus set of rewards for those particular players.

The only problem with all this is all items would have to be planet specific items, not used on another planets. This is were the baggage so to speak holds MA back.

Then al you do is keep added more and more floors as the players and community grows. Imagine the ambition trying to reach floor 100 or even 500.

So what I'm trying to say is MA needs to "force" players to do things, that guarantees them rewards. In some ways you sort of see this with armour missions now. But what I would like to see is a whole planet go down that route.

You need to grind for a reason, and I don't think skill rewards is enough anymore.

Rick

That is future for me anyhow.

Rick

I think the issue with the current EU is the baggage, it's carrying ten years worth of adjustments. Like someone once said it's like moving a tanker, it's a huge beast.

All the said, the concept still works, but I think grinding has seen it's day. I see the game moving more towards shared but with a theme. The wave events are popular, because once they get going it can be really exciting, and gets loads of people involved.

I would want a ladder format. Imagine a tower but each floor is the size of CP. You only qualify to enter the next level (floor), once you completed enough kills of grinding. In essence you unlock that floor.

Then every 5th floor I would have a wave event format. You had to achieve a certain level of damage throughout the wave and a certain amount of damage on the boss mob, to "personally" unlock the next floor.

Now let's assume there're rewards at every floor (that everyone gets), like bound armours and weapons, and faps at each level you "won", the community would likely work together to make it happen. Because they new that a floor 6, there would be new set of "better" faps, better guns.

Now lets assume you already had floor 5 "wave" done. By helping others get their wave done too (helping others up), there would be bonus set of rewards for those particular players.

The only problem with all this is all items would have to be planet specific items, not used on another planets. This is were the baggage so to speak holds MA back.

Then al you do is keep added more and more floors as the players and community grows. Imagine the ambition trying to reach floor 100 or even 500.

So what I'm trying to say is MA needs to "force" players to do things, that guarantees them rewards. In some ways you sort of see this with armour missions now. But what I would like to see is a whole planet go down that route.

You need to grind for a reason, and I don't think skill rewards is enough anymore.

Rick

Rick

You were bold enough to make a statement, kudos for that. Look around, most people are shit-scared to speak their minds. I can only wonder why.

Good work.

"buy it or earn it" that's the same in Entropia, no? :lolup:

No..It took Star years to become that Neomaven a few months (about 3 months ). But in a way its strange he did buy all the skills and best gears and he is almost never in the game.

His hunting status is..

Hunting Stats

Favorite Mob: Araneatrox

Highest Loot: 2 804 PED

Total Loot: 81 707 PED

Hunting Rank: NA. of 4 021

No..It took Star years to become that Neomaven a few months (about 3 months ). But in a way its strange he did buy all the skills and best gears and he is almost never in the game.

His hunting status is..

Hunting Stats

Favorite Mob: Araneatrox

Highest Loot: 2 804 PED

Total Loot: 81 707 PED

Hunting Rank: NA. of 4 021

Lol. I am a lot in game and have been since 2004 :

Highest Loot: 2 588 PED
Total Loot: 86 929 PED
Hunting Rank: 649 of 4 030

huntings stats don't say much.. luck helps boost it. And that's what I don't have much of. Which is why I decided the game should pay me instead of other way around.

No..It took Star years to become that Neomaven a few months (about 3 months ).
Favorite Mob: Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (just from doing this year's Mayhem)
(2nd/Real Favorite Mob: Proteron)
Highest Loot: 5 295 PED
Total Loot: 206 202 PED
Hunting Rank: 728 of 4 030
(been as high as #19, on break right now to buy things at the moment)
at least 85% of my hunting is solo, not on team NEARLY as much as I'd like to be! :grouphug:

I try hard when I have peds, I depo regularly, and I have bought very, very little amount of skills
Been in game little over 6 and a half years, but had around 2-3 years of down-time from hunting for playing around with fashion (during the HE-Man competition days) and paying off gear I bought! :pimp:

So I'd say I earn what I got! :thumbup:

Rick

Rick

Many valuable quotes but I think about the one about Nationality in an earlier post.

It reminds me of conversation with my American in-laws:meaningless and not helpful, for which I am responsible there IRL and here with fellow gamers. You may have thought lightly about such a comment,but it meant something to me.

It is perhaps my last hurdle in life and the game's ability to stretch out, all other things considered.

I am thinking 'Blighty' needs to change to fucking idiot in my Location.

Many valuable quotes but I think about the one about Nationality in an earlier post.

It reminds me of conversation with my American in-laws:meaningless and not helpful, for which I am responsible there IRL and here with fellow gamers. You may have thought lightly about such a comment,but it meant something to me.

It is perhaps my last hurdle in life and the game's ability to stretch out, all other things considered.

I am thinking 'Blighty' needs to change to fucking idiot in my Location.

Also, don't make excuses for other people's failings Rick. They will only abuse you more.

I accept mine, but do big corporations or even relatively successful companies?

Being from London, this is a moot point for you I am sure.

Lol. I am a lot in game and have been since 2004 :

Highest Loot: 2 588 PED
Total Loot: 86 929 PED
Hunting Rank: 649 of 4 030

huntings stats don't say much.. luck helps boost it. And that's what I don't have much of. Which is why I decided the game should pay me instead of other way around.

You probably are like me.

Play other games, get bored and tired.

Have to attend to your womenfolk and kids.

And realise you could do it all if common sense prevailed.

Back