Tiering costs and weapon value discrepancy?

Tiering cost devaluation percentage?

• I say its worth the exact PED invested.

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • I say 10% tiering cost devaluation

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I say 15% tiering cost devaluation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I say 20% tiering cost devaluation

• I say 25% tiering cost devaluation

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I say 30% tiering cost devaluation

• I say flat 50% tiering cost devaluation

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
We have all been there. Spent a nice sum of PED tiering up a weapon. We check the tier X market value history and hope the next tier up reflects what has been invested, and so forth up the tiering ladder. At higher levels it creeps into +X000s of PED.

But, when it comes time to part with that beloved weapon, what the community values it at differs from what you put into it. Yes, there is usually some haggling and bargaining, but at the end of the day, if you want to sell it, the community decides on the value.

There is no real gentleman’s agreement on what tiering costs should be lost in the value of the weapon.

Example: A tier 5.9 Adjusted Revenger Minisweeper V1. Valued about 9kPED with good TIRs.

To take it to Tier 6: Costs about 3000PED in materials! Say one gets 15% back that’s still 2550PED in costs.
Now, is it now worth 11550PED? Or does one expect a percentage tiering cost devaluation?

What percentage do players feel is an acceptable benchmark for tiering cost devaluation?
Some may say 10%, others 50%. I have made a poll to see where the benchmark should be.

Cheers
Bjorn

Id like to put some value to the work it takes tiering the gun, but thats perhaps just me.

The most important factor to me is what the extra tier slot brings. In your case I would go for it, since the weapon has a nice base damage and can cause even more havoc with another slot, but for weapons where the tiers are useless I don't care about the numbers to them. A T10 opalo might have costed a few PED to tier but still ain't worth more than +1....

In your case the costs should already be up to about 6k on the prior levels, so it seems like you still can get your most of your tier money out, as recent p2p and auction sales seem to follow the tiering costs quite well with a base value around 4k.

The average price of an item has not really changed. As each item is tiered higher and higher, the average tier for that item increases. Items above the average tier are worth more, items below are worth less. Tiering time or cost has very little to do with the actual item price.

The most important factor to me is what the extra tier slot brings. In your case I would go for it, since the weapon has a nice base damage and can cause even more havoc with another slot, but for weapons where the tiers are useless I don't care about the numbers to them. A T10 opalo might have costed a few PED to tier but still ain't worth more than +1....

In your case the costs should already be up to about 6k on the prior levels, so it seems like you still can get your most of your tier money out, as recent p2p and auction sales seem to follow the tiering costs quite well with a base value around 4k.

Hmmmmmmm I would advise not adding any enhancements,and try to use a SIB weapon as is,and hopefully skill or global from that as it is..but that is my
optimistic thinking and not your well knowledge of hunting. I try to save money.

LB set the bo on his slug at 80k, and ended up getting a tier 5 mod Merc.

He traded 20k plus the slug I believe so you tell me how does it devaluate an item?

All in the eyes of the beholder

Arkon

If the tiers add value, it should reflect on price.

Question is, is it possible to add value to a gun (in your example) that has dropped alot in price due to not beeing effecient these days?

Just cause it hits x.9 doesent mean you have to tier it.

Back