Support standards for depositors and non-depositors

shoti

Deactivated Account
I have strange feeling that support case handling quality at Planet Calypso is somehow dependant of deposits made by support case submitter. Exactly that depositors geting their answers faster and their problems are solved more in way they like it. One the other side non depositors are often waiting very long for answers and MA/PC is not solving their cases in propper for submitters way.

I draw that conclusion from few events. Over 2 years ago I was depositing, 90% of my support cases were instantly solved in a way i liked it to be ( often proposed by me ). Last 2 years I am withdrawing only and noticed I am somehow queed at far end in support. I am waiting weeks or even months for answer ,and in most cases case is closed without satisfactory for me solving ( even it is ususal, same support stuff for years - bugged itmes, missing loots etc. )

My GF is playing lot more lately hence she is filling some support cases too. At beginning their support case were handled "very lazy" even at important situations ( like missing mission skil rewards etc ). Lately she bought one of those starter packs, and become by that "depositor" category somehow. Their support cases started being handled fast and friendly way while mine are still waiting for answers,some since months.

You think such support queeing might be a case here ? Anyone noticed something similar ?

I have bought a few starter packs by now, never withdrawn and enough total deposits by now to consider myself a good depositor by any means.

Some of my cases get answered within 1 hour, some within a few days and then there is those were years have passed without an answer.

I think its unrelated to what you deposit/withdraw but related alot to the matter if its something that support can easily solve for you or if it requires a management decision.

There is also those cases which get 'lost' because the person that once was responsible for handling them has been reassigned and noone else has 'felt' responsible to take over those cases - i do have one of these also which has remained over 3 years now without an update even thought i ask repeatedly - last statement was 'investigation' and that i soon will be updated.
Made a case asking about that case and got told the person got reassign and the old case will be forwarded to that person to be viewed again - still no result with again months having passed.

Last edited:
Like free antivirus without and paid with phone support. It make sense.
I think non depositors must get advertising on their monitors like on youtube.

Support? - you talk about the guys closing cases without any notice?
If you ask why you get a shit " we can not discus bla bla...."

Even the support team from BubbleWitchSaga on FB makes a much better job ....lol.

Depo = too much
Withdrawn = nothing (so far)
Webshop = yes

Some cases answered in 24h some are open weeks.

I wish Cornelia S. would be back in support ... dreams.

J.

Nope...

Getting no special treatment over here.

Support case made on 14th of december with bo abswer fom their side at all, 3-4 bumps by me tho. Maybe i'll have to switch to daily bumping :yay:

Closing and writing new support case helps. I've done it several times and it worked.
I've also noticed that being very polite helps too. Just exchange curse words for the polite ones. :laugh:
Try to provide as many info as possible in the first message, because if support asks you for details, you are pretty much f*cked. Theres 50/50 chance they will not respond after your answer.

It's like freaking RPG system where they roll the dice to decide whether to answer or ignore your support case
So if you are not getting any answers, you are just unlucky because you are getting low rolls. :laugh:

In my experience attitude makes more difference than whether you deposit or not.

Why not just test it shoti with some really easy peasy question that anyone would know

In my experience attitude makes more difference than whether you deposit or not.

This definitely, but also i think sometimes the area of support case may be prioritized, bugs, account etc.

As for deposits affecting response times, i know someone who doesn't depo (think has never depo'd) and his support cases get dealt with in same time as everyone else. But i guess if a player is a large investor such as multiple LA owner, then more of their issues will be priority ones (bugs to do with LA's etc).

Could response time be because of the issue? Like a stuck avatar might get responded to quickly but a withdraw issue might be longer?

Or the person who handles X types of support is really good at the job. The person who handles Y types of support might be playing WoW at the office :D

I have bought a few starter packs by now, never withdrawn and enough total deposits by now to consider myself a good depositor by any means.

For the skill boosters? You just sticking the untradable gear in storage?

Aye - imo another not so well thought out addition from mindark that devalues peoples skills over time, but if you cant change it have to go with it i guess.
At least it earns them lots of additional deposits from many players atm.

It's the only way I depo now :laugh: So much easier with paypal, get the skill pills and 300ish ped right back in ped, ammo and oil. So 100 ped for all the other bumf, and the pills.

Plus bypasses the foreign transaction fee, and paypal exchange rates are favourable. :)

Almost feels wrong to be skilling without a pill now!:laugh:

OP:

The human brain has a tendency to create correlations where none exist.

"Illusory correlation is the phenomenon of perceiving a relationship between variables (typically people, events, or behaviors) even when no such relationship exists. A common example of this phenomenon would be when people form false associations between membership in a statistical minority group and rare (typically negative) behaviors as variables that are novel or salient tend to capture the attention.[SUP][1][/SUP] This is one way stereotypes form and endure.[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP] Hamilton & Rose (1980) found that stereotypes can lead people to expect certain groups and traits to fit together, and then to overestimate the frequency with which these correlations actually occur.[SUP][4]"

[/SUP]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusory_correlation

I feel your observations coincide with this phenomenon. There is no difference in support. I've withdrawn more than I ever have deposited, and I have no support problems. Your theory lacks the consistency needed in order to hold weight.

I believe some categories are monitored more than others. I make a ticket and it doesn't get answered still after 2 months. I do a different category and it is answered by Ulf in 2 hours.

It's all about the case, I've had a support case for 2 years which they recently just deleted.. no help there.. I'm a depositer

I opened one over a year ago to upgrade my shop item points. They responded about a month later with the proper procedure. I sent the dev team an email stating I wanted to upgrade 40 item points (4k ped), per their advisory. I didn't receive an email back about it, so I responded to the support case asking for them to get someone to respond. Still no email, and still no response to that support case saying they want to take my 4k over a year later. Yes, I've deposited a fair amount. It's pretty sad that they won't even respond to the ones of people trying to give them $400.

They just closed a couple of my cases and emailed me this message,

To help improve how Entropia Universe participants experience our support we would like to ask you to rate our handling of this particular support case in a basic scale of 1 to 5 and, optionally, in a short comment text.

Click the link below to go to the rating page, no login is required.

They also closed my case in which my last message was
You owe me a full and public apology.
Don't close this case until you have done so.

They did not send me an email asking about my experience with this case however.

edit: IMO case handling is all about quotas.
The unanswered case ratio gets too high for the bureaucrats and they assign someone to 'deal with it'. In turn the assigned person goes though for a day or two and closes out as many cases as possible, then returns to their normal work until such time as the bureaucrats decide the ratio is too high again.

I opened one over a year ago to upgrade my shop item points. They responded about a month later with the proper procedure. I sent the dev team an email stating I wanted to upgrade 40 item points (4k ped), per their advisory. I didn't receive an email back about it, so I responded to the support case asking for them to get someone to respond. Still no email, and still no response to that support case saying they want to take my 4k over a year later. Yes, I've deposited a fair amount. It's pretty sad that they won't even respond to the ones of people trying to give them $400.

Has anyone successfully upgraded their item points recently?

I'm thinking that maybe shops and malls and such are an abandoned mechanic. Or, the person who handled those things has been laid off.

Has anyone successfully upgraded their item points recently?

I'm thinking that maybe shops and malls and such are an abandoned mechanic. Or, the person who handled those things has been laid off.

I successfully did it once. A few months later I tried and nothing happened.

From my understanding, there is no difference until they start digging deeper into a case and see you are a "whale". That's when you can get personal contact with MA.

There are multiple threads (started) on this very site where people having deposited way too much, and having accounts holding several millions, getting the same shit treatment as a newbie sweater - a boilerplate answer and a closed case.

The only difference I have seen is:

1. Be to the point (and possibly polite), vs. rant and spew gall in a support case. We may not like it, but the ones reading the cases are actually (so far) humans.

2. Know someone inside MA, have someone in soc (that you know is MA, and that person knows you know it), or have enough luck that the support company actually forwards your case to MA and the one reviewing it finds it important enough to personally contact you.

3. Have a very specific technical issue, like "Logged off in space. Can't even log in again. Please put be back on planet". Such a case can be resolved within 48 hours, but obviously also closed without a word to explain or even apologize.

For anything else, I think they just archive it in /dev/null.

I can guarantee this is not the case.
They may have to filter cases due to the urgency of others.
Depo or not I believe there is no special treatment.

There you go :D
Well said m8 :lolup:

I would like to see a system where once you deposit say 5 or 10 k usd you are forever pushed to the top of the queue with everyone else who has along with accounts under 3 months old. for accounts over 3 months but under 24 months they only need say 1k usd in deposits and so on.

Coming to auction next year: support ticket deeds... start bid 10k.

I had supports being solved from 10m to 10months and i had to close it myself.
On average takes always long

Depo = too much and a bit more....
Withdrawn = nothing (so far)
Answer from support from few days to 10 months.

This is definitely not the case, none depositor here, and support always answer in a timely manner.

I think it is much more likely like Jod says, it is if you are polite.

Rgds

Ace

This is definitely not the case, none depositor here, and support always answer in a timely manner.

I think it is much more likely like Jod says, it is if you are polite.

Rgds

Ace

I'd say also depending on the issues.
Non depositor here also, but if you get a stuck in space problem (which was the fastest ever to be replied) i got it fixed within like 10minutes(impressive, since i had a pending trade).
Sugestions usually take me a week or 2, like recently i sent a support about cyclops timer since randomly you get thrown out, or about different instances for same area, (sort of like MM) that happened there when i brougth a fapper.
Asking about what is within rules or not maybe take few weeks, something more delicate like (at least for me concerning RL took over 10months and i never got a conclusion or reply after a while so i decided closing it myself

Back