The address is coming

Status

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Hi
On the 26th Feb 2014 we had the state of the Universe address 2014. I would imagine the 2015 is due any day now.
Lets recap what has happened;
2014 Roadmap
MindArk has ambitious plans for the development of Entropia Universe in 2014, with planned primary focus on the following areas.

Systems Development
Social Interface - A completely overhauled and improved social interface has been under development for the past several months, and is getting close to implementation. This upgrade will bring several long-desired features, including offline messaging, custom chat channels and much more. Completed on time!

Affiliate System - An affiliate system is under development which will allow participants to earn PED by referring new Entropia Universe participants. Didn't happen?

Premium Accounts - Still in the early design stage, MindArk is planning to offer premium account upgrades for a small monthly cost. Benefits of the various premium account types are still being decided, but may include such features as increased storage limits and increased number of simultaneous auctions. We are also considering making premium account upgrades available via daily mission tokens as well as special lootable items.
Didn't happen?

Citizenship & Housing System - Development of these systems was unfortunately delayed in 2013 due to the critical infrastructure upgrades taking quite a bit more development time than anticipated, along with several other projects receiving higher priority in the second half of 2013 and early 2014. This project now is now tentatively planned for release in Q4 of 2014. Q4 been and gone...

PVP - Lots of improvements and enhancements to player vs. player (PVP) combat are planned for the second half of 2014. More information will be made available in a future Entropia Buzz developer notes article. Didn't happen.

New Player Experience - Among MindArk’s highest ongoing priorities is improving participant conversion and retention, and one of the best ways to accomplish that is to continually find ways to improve the experience of new participants. As such, we plan to continue working closely with our planet partners in 2014 to implement systems and features that make Entropia Universe as exciting and user-friendly as possible for new participants. I think we saw some of this.

Legacy Systems - Progress is ongoing for the reimplementation and refinement of various legacy systems.
No idea, didn't happen. Apparently this is Taming, so maybe it did happen partially.

New Systems - Several other interesting new systems are in the early development stage, and are planned for release in Q3 and Q4 of 2014 depending on prioritization of the other projects mentioned above. More details and teasers will be released throughout the year, so be on the lookout!
Ok Taming was released, yay!

Marketing
MindArk plans to continue to expand and refine its marketing efforts in 2014 in order to maximize the number of new participants joining Entropia Universe. As outlined above, our marketing efforts in 2013 were very promising and we plan to become even more aggressive in 2014. True, I have seen many adverts now.

Planet Toulan
MindArk was excited to bring its newest planet online last week. Though still in its beta release, Planet Toulan promises to bring exposure of Entropia Universe to a previously untapped sector of the online gaming audience, and add a unique Arabian theme to the existing planet partner roster. Full release of Planet Toulan is expected mid-2014. Never happened...

Cost to Play & Balancing
Continuing with the improvements made in 2013, MindArk plans to further improve average returns for many activities. One example would be the removal of the clothing equip fee in an upcoming platform release.
Did that happen, I didnt notice. I guess we are balanced with shrapnel and explosive BPs now.

Infrastructure & Development Tools
Additional improvements to the Entropia Universe infrastructure and development tools are planned, which will allow MindArk and its planet partners to more efficiently develop and deploy new features and content, while minimizing server latency and downtime during patches and version updates. No comment, though they did work on the servers a bit

Deed and Estate Management
Several new deed and estate management opportunities are planned for 2014. One of these will be announced in the upcoming planet partner release scheduled for early March. Never happened? Though there were the ComPet deeds

Entropia Platform
Several major public and private organizations have expressed interest in making use of the Entropia Universe platform and collaborating with MindArk for future projects. Who? Seems all resources are on Compets...all those unsold deeds...

In conclusion, MindArk is looking forward to an exciting and productive 2014 for Entropia Universe and hopes all our participants will enjoy the improvements and efforts we have planned.

Best regards,

David Simmonds
CEO MindArk PE AB

So, we wait with great anticipation for all this great stuff due in Q4, must be in the March update? Can't wait to see the 2015 address :)

Last edited:
So, we wait with great anticipation for all this great stuff due in Q4, must be in the March update? Can't wait to see the 2015 address :)

Should be easy enough, cut out couple of sections and paste rest into statement for 2015. :silly2::silly2:

Some stuff got done though, and perhaps others not ready for release yet. (better to be optimistic)

Taming came back, thats old/legacy systems, partly back.

PvP was an announcement with the things about cargo missions due next VU + space loopholes closed, so guess is PvP bit?

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this. Good to compare promises vs delivery:eyecrazy:

Affiliate System - An affiliate system is under development which will allow participants to earn PED by referring new Entropia Universe participants. Didn't happen?

Oddly enough it is here. MA is still working on the Web based access system for us to view the stats but other than that we do have such a system running. You can request your very own link from MA. Sorry I would post my link here but from what we have seen in the past a few time I do not want to get banned over it. But I do have such a link.

Planet Toulan
MindArk was excited to bring its newest planet online last week. Though still in its beta release, Planet Toulan promises to bring exposure of Entropia Universe to a previously untapped sector of the online gaming audience, and add a unique Arabian theme to the existing planet partner roster. Full release of Planet Toulan is expected mid-2014. Never happened...

Toulan is here and kind of running well for a very new and small project. I have hopes that this will turn out to be a great planet. Just give them time.

You've been around long enough to add 2 years to any announcement.

I bought the components and built a PC a YEAR ahead of when VU 10 happened in August 2009. I could have saved a fortune!

If it hasn't happened yet it will "next year". :)

I swear most tamers had either retired or died after waiting 5 years from 2009 to 2014, but we got there in the end. :whip:

Kim has posted earlier this week that a lot of development time is tied up with ComPets :whip:

In the mean time there's an event this weekend, but would you like a lot of hot air promises or wait for the VU on March 10th (which is where we will see what they've really been up to since Christmas) ?

Oh and please remove those Xmas trees.....

Damn, re-reading those things is depressing as hell. To see the whole list of things they said and nearly did none of them.............
Shit

Legacy Systems - Progress is ongoing for the reimplementation and refinement of various legacy systems.
No idea, didn't happen.

This refers to taming, and it happened. Not everyone liked it but technically it did happen.

Only 2 things on that list that did not happen at all, Premium Accounts and Citizenship & Housing System, the rest did happen.
Changes were made to pvp, im not a pvp player so cant say what without searching for it but im sure changes were made.

Only 2 things on that list that did not happen at all, Premium Accounts and Citizenship & Housing System, the rest did happen.
Changes were made to pvp, im not a pvp player so cant say what without searching for it but im sure changes were made.

I'm fairly sure there was a statement about loopholes in space being closed soon, i think March VU (next VU was said). That would be the PvP Adjustments/improvements i guess, so with that most would have been done :).

Nice post - thanks for putting this up here, useful to reflect on last years announcements!

I too await with great anticipation the 2015 address.... secretly hoping for a gfx engine upgrade this year! Could make some good vid's form it :)

Nice post - thanks for putting this up here, useful to reflect on last years announcements!

I too await with great anticipation the 2015 address.... secretly hoping for a gfx engine upgrade this year! Could make some good vid's form it :)

I am one of the people who remember the last engine update. This is not something we want to go through yet i guess. Population started to be on same levels around last year or so. Beside that the GFX engine update from announcment to introduction took 1 or 2 years last time. And last year we got back the features that went lost for 5 years. I guess tamers do not want to wait another 5 years.

That being said i am satisfied with the Visuals in EU. Performance tweaking would be fine, though.

Marketing
MindArk plans to continue to expand and refine its marketing efforts in 2014 in order to maximize the number of new participants joining Entropia Universe. As outlined above, our marketing efforts in 2013 were very promising and we plan to become even more aggressive in 2014. True, I have seen many adverts now.

and Mindark on TV in Asia:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/tv/tvshows/firstlook/virtual-property/1599106.html

loot pills, pet names, pet buffs may be seen as premium

Oddly enough it is here. MA is still working on the Web based access system for us to view the stats but other than that we do have such a system running. You can request your very own link from MA. Sorry I would post my link here but from what we have seen in the past a few time I do not want to get banned over it. But I do have such a link.

Toulan is here and kind of running well for a very new and small project. I have hopes that this will turn out to be a great planet. Just give them time.

I'm wondering those ref links are they to specific planet or you can select planet after you click it. :scratch2:

I see you're new, so we won't drag you out into the street, throw rotten fruit at you, and ride you out of town on a rail. But still -- shhhhh!

Regarding OP: I think the only thing the devs have consistently done for more than a year at a time is fail to meet most of their announced plans, so I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for an annual address...

I see you're new, so we won't drag you out into the street, throw rotten fruit at you, and ride you out of town on a rail. But still -- shhhhh!

Regarding OP: I think the only thing the devs have consistently done for more than a year at a time is fail to meet most of their announced plans, so I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for an annual address...

Dont think a gfx engine update will happen anytime soon but it would probably not be as painful if the upgrade would be to a newer Cryengine version, last time they changed from Gamebryo, thats probably why it took so long and with so many problems.

I'm wondering those ref links are they to specific planet or you can select planet after you click it. :scratch2:

No you need to request what planet it will start on. I have selected Arkadia.

The thing with threads like this is that people interpret what MA said and extrapolate from that.
Just because there were yearly adresses for some time, doesn't mean we get one for 2015. There is no law that says they have to do it every year. Also on my count they delivered 9 of the promised features while others count to 4. It's all about how you interpret what MA said.

Status
Back