Question: Thorifoid buff - to keep hp down. Exploit or part of the game?

Is deregen buff an exploit of the helmet?

• Yes

Votes: 42 45.7%
  • No

Votes: 50 54.3%

• Total voters

Rattler Llama

Stalker
Rattler Llama Simpsons
Would like to know pvp-community's thoughts on this.

The helmet keeps your natural regen to a minimum, and can make you unlootable and only lose toxic shot when being killed by another player.

I've met and killed people using it, and also used myself, but cannot find any official statements, saying it is against the rules. It's sickly annoying as a pk'er being unable to loot another player despite a clean kill, but in my opinion, I see this as part of the helmet, and is no exploit.

What needs to be changed imo, is the fact that you can't be looted if mobs have dropped your HP below 50%.

So, keep discussion clean and valid, and let's hope to change the "below 50% safezone".

Reactions: SHY
Before discussions begin, I want to point out, that this thread is only about thori helmet.

So please no discussions of target aiming and other exploits.

the helmet defeats the purpose of lootable.

1000 times discused in other threads that using tghorifoid helmet + >50Į hp in pvp zones to : avoid being looted, attacking other person that has no chance to fair fight(because he will not get toxic or loot) is hard violation of fair game rule.

there is no need any other discusion .
if you know how to use search you can find such threads like "exploiters in space with thorifoid helm" or "pvp4 exploiting radar and thorifoid helm"

Please do not start it endless discussion because you all say : if it is in game than it is not exploit but feature.

we talk about unfair game, and using it in pvp is unfair game, in other words some people call it exploiting.

and dont act stupid, because it really silly to act stupid when you are not stupid to see obvios things.

The whole concept of pvp lootable is an exploit ;) - just remove it and all problems are solved.

@topic: since there is NO official MA statement - i consider it not an exploit.

Falagor
:bandit:

1000 times discused in other threads that using tghorifoid helmet + >50Į hp in pvp zones to : avoid being looted, attacking other person that has no chance to fair fight(because he will not get toxic or loot) is hard violation of fair game rule.

there is no need any other discusion .
if you know how to use search you can find such threads like "exploiters in space with thorifoid helm" or "pvp4 exploiting radar and thorifoid helm"

Please do not start it endless discussion because you all say : if it is in game than it is not exploit but feature.

we talk about unfair game, and using it in pvp is unfair game, in other words some people call it exploiting.

and dont act stupid, because it really silly to act stupid when you are not stupid to see obvios things.

So in your opinion dropping to below 50% hp and staying below 50% hp without helmet is alright?

This is a poll discussion of the helmet, don't take this out on me.

Voted no, because helmet buff is not an exploit.
Using bug with low HP in lootable PvP - is exploit. Using bug can be done without any helmet, but for short period of time (for mining existing claim or in Space).

So in your opinion dropping to below 50% hp and staying below 50% hp without helmet is alright?

This is a poll discussion of the helmet, don't take this out on me.

with using helmet in pvp you become unfairly better than others that is by eula you can be punsihed or warned.

even your pool is made wrong because same item is not exploit, just using it in some ways is an unfair game that can be punished by ma.

and as i understand you use it in opvp with below 50% hp that is unfair play and it can be punished because eula says so.

Voted no, because helmet buff is not an exploit.
Using bug with low HP in lootable PvP - is exploit. Using bug can be done without any helmet, but for short period of time (for mining existing claim or in Space).

Exactly my point Gewitter - but the below 50% have been in pvp for ages, and is no bug, but just how they made it.

I made this thread to target the ½ hp safezone.

with using helmet in pvp you become unfairly better than others that is by eula you can be punsihed or warned.

even your pool is made wrong because same item is not exploit, just using it in some ways is an unfair game that can be punished by ma.

and as i understand you use it in opvp with below 50% hp that is unfair play and it can be punished because eula says so.

You didn't answer my question.

Don't hate the player, hate the game

Could you point out the section of "unfair play", instead of turning on me? I've still not seen any warnings or punishes from EULA by unfair play in this example, and I know many support cases have been filed.
What the answers have been to the support cases, along with other statements would be nice.

Not an exploit - more like an imaginative use of the item. I really don't see how health below 50% can be considered an exploit either. That has been around for as long as I can remember. MA has never said anything about it. I know if I shoot a mob that has below 50% health then it says this carcass belongs to someone else -(or whatever). That happens more than you might think because a mob agros and you rather just kill it then take damage or try and escape.

Side note - I was killed by a pker in pvp 4. Their health was down to the bottom, had 4-5 mobs following them and had an Ancient pet (which helped block shots). IMO "most" pkers use any advantage they can. It is only right for us sheep to react in kind.:wise:

That's why people need to start using the modified omegaton fap pvp heal attack technique (if you can)!

They should implement a mod regen chip with 300m distance and 150 heal per use, fast reload but slow cool down.

I was killed by a pker in pvp 4. Their health was down to the bottom, had 4-5 mobs following them and had an Ancient pet (which helped block shots). IMO "most" pkers use any advantage they can. It is only right for us sheep to react in kind.:wise:

Sorry but you have to think in a really abstract way to consider that "normal" in pvp. I get what your saying that it's anything goes. But that to me just means: lot's of people are exploiting but MA aren't acting on it. Doesn't tell me they aren't exploits.

You even said the key words yourself "This loot is claimed by somebody else" That is a bit of code to stop people kill stealing, so on a player who claime your loot? The mob? Obviously it's just a bit of code they forgot or can't be arsed to sort out and people take advantage of it. Fine if everyone agrees but it's still not intentional game design.

go to jail and ask people to vote if theft is a crime.

Sorry but you have to think in a really abstract way to consider that "normal" in pvp. I get what your saying that it's anything goes. But that to me just means: lot's of people are exploiting but MA aren't acting on it. Doesn't tell me they aren't exploits.

You even said the key words yourself "This loot is claimed by somebody else" That is a bit of code to stop people kill stealing, so on a player who claime your loot? The mob? Obviously it's just a bit of code they forgot or can't be arsed to sort out and people take advantage of it. Fine if everyone agrees but it's still not intentional game design.

Yea but you can avoid shooting the player if they have low health. Un like space where a piraten can not zee if a player is wea ring a helmet.

How does the helmet makes you un-fairly better? :D

Please think twice before you write something :p

It makes you non-lootable, which might be unfair. But the fact you go into fight with 50% HP is not making you any better.

As everything else, until it is clearly stated by MA that this is an exploit, it's not an exploit. And it does not matter how unfair it is. (Entropia is what is it, full of unfair bullshits that if you don't take advantage off, you just loose)

And we know that if MA would consider this super evil exploit, they would already make it non-working in PVP zones.

So, until the above somehow change, just feel free to use the helmet and shut up if you don't choose to ;)

Don't even let me to start writing down all the exploits that are happening every single month, that people are taking advantage off until they got fixed.. Even you participated in some :)

Side note - I was killed by a pker in pvp 4. Their health was down to the bottom, had 4-5 mobs following them and had an Ancient pet (which helped block shots). IMO "most" pkers use any advantage they can. It is only right for us sheep to react in kind.:wise:

Exactly, and not only the kings of exploits WSS, everyone in PVP is using exploits, EVERYONE.. At least until they became publicly known, then you have few people (usually again from WSS) coming and shouting about how they are the good ones and everyone else exploits..

It's just a big huge comedy :)

Easiest way to stop this is remove the <50% health and have kill shot takes kill.

Would kill in 1 shot (pun intended), all the issues and bitching.

MA is aware for years and hasn't released a statement, let alone a fix = Not an exploit.

Below 50% HP not lootable? If you believe in this and have no clue of lootable PvP, better stay out.

Reminds me of one event, when I got looted in PvP4.

Had some mobs on me while mining to hold my HP below 50% (no buff helmet that days available)
A PKer arrived in my range, and ran towards me holding a sword.
I thought ok, lets fight (can´t loose anything below 50% HP!).
I started shooting him (well not much damage, he had good armor), when he reached me he was at around 80% health.
Then switched from sword to ModFAP, healed me once, killed me using a big ass gun, looted around 80 PED in ores from me.

Its lootable PvP, there is no thing like fairness or PvP etiquette, its just anarchy.

Everybody should know that, and there is a reason why you need a toxic shot and got a warning when entering lootable PvP, go their on your own risk.
You always can be looted no matter what you try, if your oponent knows how to do it :)

I surely voted for NO, not an exploit just using some game mechanics to your advantage.

Same counts for any other use of items (cars, pets or whatever).

The only really exploit I experienced in lootable PvP was back the day when we got leader takes all team option, and the leader didn´t enter lootable PvP while his mates hunted down the other people inside lootable area.
Well this exploit is history as MA removed Leader takes all option from teams, because it got exploited that way.

The only really exploit I experienced in lootable PvP was back the day when we got leader takes all team option, and the leader didn´t enter lootable PvP while his mates hunted down the other people inside lootable area.
Well this exploit is history as MA removed Leader takes all option from teams, because it got exploited that way.

can probably still do this with 100% healer loot (have healer heal before you enter to pk) :wise:

Exactly, and not only the kings of exploits WSS, everyone in PVP is using exploits, EVERYONE.. At least until they became publicly known, then you have few people (usually again from WSS) coming and shouting about how they are the good ones and everyone else exploits..

It's just a big huge comedy :)

I see those type of comments on a regular basis.......youre full of shit and accusing of such without facts here just states the obvious that you are a troll.....

It was a poll regarding an exploit and I vote 110% exploit, you are using a mechanics in a way it wasnt intended.

Sometimes you can turn disadvantages into advantages. Perhaps this was not intended to be used like that in MA's original view. Rather clever than an exploit I think, but it does defeat the purpose of lootable. When the "right" people complain about it or enough people do, it may be addressed though.

It's only an exploit because the people that exploit call it an exploit.

"We have secrets, exploits, tricks, inside knowledge, and work together to win all the prizes, loot all players, and mine all the ore...but you are exploiting because this stops us from winning all the time! Wahhhhhh" - said by most pvp dipshits.

I am done trying to be liked. Fuck em all. Ever since the day my friend and I found a rx unit in pvp....we shot it and it stood there healing itself for 5 minutes until a WSS member magically tp'ed directly to the spot we were at, we then get killed by the WSS guy, and then the RX stops fapping itself and lets the WSS member kill it, giving the WSS guy a shitload of loot.

So I vote no. Not an exploit, all go do it. Do EVERY thing you can under the sun to treat these guys like they treat us.

And before anyone wants to start shit with me, for the record, I have never done it, and don't go in PvP 4 hardly ever.

Last edited:
Now really who cares - use helmet to keep hp down have a hotkey to change to another helmet when a pk GD are in nearby FL - nobody will notice.

ITs up to MA - to state if this is an exploit and change it.

would say yes it's exploit but since MA's status about PvP things is
no_fucks_given.jpg
then use and abuse,your choice :/

I see those type of comments on a regular basis.......youre full of shit and accusing of such without facts here just states the obvious that you are a troll.....

It was a poll regarding an exploit and I vote 110% exploit, you are using a mechanics in a way it wasnt intended.

Stop playing stupid please.. Either all your socmates are constantly lying to you or you are just stupid.

For others, there is now like maximum of 200 people in this game playing somehow the end game and everyone knows everyone.. While we might be from rivalling societies, we just TALK!

So, you can play stupid here on forum crowd, but please, stop bullshitting me :)

It's only an exploit because the people that exploit call it an exploit.

"We have secrets, exploits, tricks, inside knowledge, and work together to win all the prizes, loot all players, and mine all the ore...but you are exploiting because this stops us from winning all the time! Wahhhhhh" - said by most pvp dipshits.

I am done trying to be liked. Fuck em all. Ever since the day my friend and I found a rx unit in pvp....we shot it and it stood there healing itself for 5 minutes until a WSS member magically tp'ed directly to the spot we were at, we then get killed by the WSS guy, and then the RX stops fapping itself and lets the WSS member kill it, giving the WSS guy a shitload of loot.

So I vote no. Not an exploit, all go do it. Do EVERY thing you can under the sun to treat these guys like they treat us.

And before anyone wants to start shit with me, for the record, I have never done it, and don't go in PvP 4 hardly ever.

Yes, just one out of many ! :)

Rofl is stupid discuss, MA arealdy lock one player cuz that, and have supprot answer from MA is an exploit.....

Back