Low level weapons should be crafted instead

Kitch

Prowler
Hi,

So I decided to skill laser sniper and I am starting from noob levels 20/15, straight away I am having a real problem finding the suitable L weapons on the AH :mad:

There should be a nice array of kallous, 1,2,3,4,5 etc but all see s1x1, fucking jester and other crafted ones only.

Does everyone just use daily gear now at low levels??

Come on MA you made weapons lootable to make it easier for NEW players to keep hunting, and yet it's the crafted weapons that are readily available at low cost?

Wow what a fkn mess :mad:

only aiming to get my laser profs to > 26 or so. I just think looking at the AH is a sorry state.. I can use a lower dps weapon on the mobs I am hunting my evader level is way higher than the mobs so its ok but I want SIB and want to blast through the irons

I like kallous 3,4,5 that would be fine to get me to what I am after

oh well

There exists a crafted option in that range, the Hermans

Beside that other looted options could be Isis

Crafting have alot of MU

Hunting have almost no MU left, so guns should be looted in hunting not crafted.

This is another way for MA to encourage us to cycle our peds. For a mid level player like myself you get 3 daily hunting missions. Some Cat 3 daily hunting missions I can't do like Chomper or Proteron and tbh the Hogglo dailies are doable but I am taking heavy decay and having to FAP a lot. On the flipside yesterday I got Hispidous which was comfortable to do and there plenty of other Cat 3 dailies that I have no problem with.

What does this all mean, well my sons avatar is currently maxed on on the Kallous-2 and he finds it very difficult to obtain guns at his level and he does not depo enough to justify cycling the peds for daily mission tokens, so I agree there is a gap in the market for anyone who does not cycle enough ped to replenish weapons using daily mission tokens.

In all honesty I would not be able to carry on like this if I relied on the the dailies to provide all the guns I need except that I have been skilling melee now for over a year so most of my Cat 1 and 2 dailies can be done using an UL SIB melee weapon leaving the guns I get from the daily tokens for doing cat 3 and any other "maxed" out events I do. This whole set-up worked fine until the most recent rounds of the WOF where my team have been out on each of the last 3 weekends. The result of this is, this weekend I have a pistol but not a rifle to compete in the event. So MA are encouraging players to cycle the ped to obtain daily mission tokens. Lets look at this :

Cat 1 Daily - Depending on Mob 25 to 50 ped in ammo (cycled) - (not counting decay)
Cat 2 Daily - Depending on Mob 50 to 100 ped in ammo (cycled) - (not counting decay)
Cat 3 Daily - Depending on Mob 200 to 300 ped in ammo (cycled) - (not including decay)

Get the Crystals Daily - 15 feffs in the cave around 35 ped in ammo (cycled) - (not including decay)

so each day to obtain a maximum of 7 tokens 300 to 500 ped in ammo (cycled) - (not including decay)

Every 12 days (not including bird bonus's) I can get a new gun at my level but I have to cycle 3500 to 5800 ped in ammo to get this free gun. If I just used the daily token guns I would always be running out of weapons and so would still have to buy more.

I agree there are many other variables here, looted weapons (usually not at your level), the above is just a rough outline of the potential costs. So without my UL SIB sword I could not make this a playing style. My comments are quantified by the current MU values of of UL SIB swords. Just look at the MU trend on the Lokabuh and Kulohar Swords which are what anyone skilling swords will need to use when they have spent a few months on one of the old UL TT Ancient Greece Swords.

Without the daily missions I would not cycle this much ped, the tokens are almost addictive and yesterday I realised this. This weekend our next WOF match is due and I have 43 tokens with two days to go so without a birdie bonus I wont hit the 60 tokens for a new rifle which means I will have to deposit to buy a new rifle.

Due to RL I am now unable to play in the WOF match this weekend and although I am disappointed to be missing the hunt in some ways I am relieved that I do not have to depo more money for this match. Before I got hooked on the dailies I would never cycle that much ped, I would be frugal, try and pick up a nice trade deal or do some low level hunting solo or with my disciple, or son.

So my lesson to myself is stick with my UL SIB sword and do cat 1 and 2 dailies to keep a nice pistol and nice rifle just for special events such as the WOF.

Jeez I do go on a bit :)

GL to all

Crafting have alot of MU

Hunting have almost no MU left, so guns should be looted in hunting not crafted.

Ok we stop crafting completely, then nobody buys any looted/mined material and play against the TT?

No thanks!

The reason why hunting has no markup left is, because there are much more hunters than crafters, that may use off all the looted resources.
Beside that the insane amount off uL SIB guns made crafting L SIB obsolete, neraly everybody owns uL SIB today (me included), some own multiple uL SIB guns for different mob levels (me included), no need to buy anything crafted, what first hand killed crafting, what second hand killed the markup on looted/mined resources.

The introduction of uL SIB guns, was the biggest fail MA ever did imho.
Its to late to change that, child already drowned.
With new planets the situation went even worse, because every PP introduced their own uL SIB guns.

We miss weapons that were cheap to make i agree - Breers Mxa and Pxa.

But then look again at the history of EU, back in my days poor noobs had only opalo to skill with. I've skilled with opalo SGA till I've unlocked serendipity. Now you have less laser snipers, but much more other options - cheap MF, melee, cheap BLP guns... and at certain level cheap laser handguns - HL5. You can't have everything :)

I believe I have a kallous 5 either in storage or my shop that I could help ya with. I'll check in a couple of hours when I can log.

We miss weapons that were cheap to make i agree - Breers Mxa and Pxa.

But then look again at the history of EU, back in my days poor noobs had only opalo to skill with. I've skilled with opalo SGA till I've unlocked serendipity. Now you have less laser snipers, but much more other options - cheap MF, melee, cheap BLP guns... and at certain level cheap laser handguns - HL5. You can't have everything :)

Haha, old stylers skilled with Janosh, FreanD and such shit
No SIB in sight, maxed at LVL100.

Today starters have great advantage with SIB at all levels and much better eco than old days.

Today starters have great advantage with SIB at all levels and much better eco than old days.

Yes, but low level uber loots were removed.

Yes i was talking about my days and not about 1942 grandpa :laugh:

If every hunter and miner agreed not to sell loot below 115% or whatever then there wouldn't be a problem. MA does not set markup players do.. low markup = undercutting and low demand for resources. If crafters have no choice but to pay markup they will craft, and then raise the markups of items crafted and residues gained.

AKA EU in 2008....

cheers I may get a 4

I am just doing the cornundacauda iron to get rifle rewards as thats the only really low skill so levels should jump up pretty quick. Initial post was mainly about lack of availability of these weapons on ah, so maybe they could release some L bps of them or just put up the amount in game. Might just mean there are a load more new players in game and MA havent adjusted yet

Back