Attempts of SCAM in AH

Lumar

Old Alpha
Master Lumar Shadow
Hi to all, i see this BS everyday in AH:

Why ppl do this all the time, it´s really sad to see this:(

On the Gun example if you check MV on item you will see the person put SB and BO the same like MV values but with one more ZERO, if someone see it and dont check it right and have ped on Card will get that GUN on sick peds:eyecrazy:

The Candy example is they are trying to pass it has a CLD puting the BO value close to what CLD have in many cases this days....

I could be here all day with this kind of examples, but its sad to see them all the time....

Last edited:
Yup.. been there since I started.. Buyer Beware..

Saw a similar one with CLDs yesterday. Buyout for 10 was 15,500 PED (already more than it's worth) and then another post from 1 CLD for 15,500 PED. (numbers may be slightly off due to memory).

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Getting NEG REP just because i try to expose this kinda of SCAM makes me lol HARD

"
02-27-2015 16:28
In Love With
Thread: Attempts of SCAM in AH

no scam, legit auction ... Not a single violation against EULA"

IF you think this is Legit trying to misslead ppl into SB or BO that gun that worth 5100 to 5500 ped for 51k to 55k, is not an attempt to scam ppl guess your blind or maybe you get a cut on a deal like that....:wise:

I saw that trick being done with Sleipnirs when the Diablo mess was in progess , as well as Sleipnirs for less than usable value and people were actually bidding on them

:scratch2:

Formally, this is not scam.
Taxes are paid. Your right not to buy.
It's just not very honest seller (which want to sell for very high price), but not a scammer.
Just be very careful. And not in a hurry. And you do not care.

1st pic look for me like mistake with decimals ( If igni is ca 5100 peds worth )
2nd pic look for me like fund transfer...BO of that candy cane is specific and nowhere near or similar to typical BO

Things are not always as they look at first glance.

It is an attempt to deceive someone.

This is a scam, but would be impossible to prove that they are trying to deceive someone, they could simply say, it's what i think its worth.

MA doing the same thing

MA doing the same thing

Obviously a mistake. And anyone who buys that would be compensated with the remaining 450 compet deeds.

I see a lot wasted PED in auction fees, seriously people playing EU should double check what they are buying and at what rate, as it is an RCE.
If they don´t its their own fault falling on such obvious attempts to get their PED.

Well mistakes happens. It works both ways.
If you read this forum, you often see drama cause people put a decimal less when selling, bidding the whole pedcard or a decimal more, etc..
Hence all the people making mistake shouldn't complain. Should they all be banned for market manipulation (both buyer and seller) ?
These threads are stupids really, move on.

Obviously a mistake. And anyone who buys that would be compensated with the remaining 450 compet deeds.

So when a player does it, it's a scam.. when MA does it, it's a mistake?
You do know how that's called IRL?

So when a player does it, it's a scam.. when MA does it, it's a mistake?
You do know how that's called IRL?

I think even on my bad english i think its says on Title "ATTEMPTS OF SCAM IN AH" :).

And i think it´s simple what Sub-Zero told, because MA will give you back the peds, that GUN even if it´s a mistake that player will not refund you of the PEDS im almost 100% sure.:wise:

Last edited:
Well mistakes happens. It works both ways.
If you read this forum, you often see drama cause people put a decimal less when selling, bidding the whole pedcard or a decimal more, etc..
Hence all the people making mistake shouldn't complain. Should they all be banned for market manipulation (both buyer and seller) ?
These threads are stupids really, move on.

Better put threads like this for ppl to be eyes opens then to do the regular winning thread´s about loot etc etc etc, that´s the stupids one´s, so if you dont like my thread move on.:wtg:

I can't decide if it's intentional dishonesty or just pure naivety to think that all of these are mistakes. Sure, there may be an occasional mistake, but there are people in this very thread who are willing to victim blame, this is the same view that the scammers use to help themselves sleep at night.

I have several times bourght (and sold) some items for way more than MU when I need it and dont want to wait for other to come on auc or cant find it other places - really who cares - its just money

And several times i have placed stuff on auc below MU and not sold - am I beeing scam when not sold below MU ?

It's just a matter of your relationship to these sellers. You can despise them, but what we saw - just business and nothing else. They can not be punished for these lots or sales.

What you can do is don't conduct business with people you see doing such things, or even place on your ignore list. Just like spammers and rude people the ignore list may at a point work against them. I know that doesn't prevent their overpriced things showing up in auction, but if one day they need something from you they will notice a kind of failure/error message and perhaps start to wonder...

It is most definitely a scam.

It could be considered merely a ripoff if items only were overpriced. In these cases it is however painfully obvious that the seller is trying to deceive the buyer by imitating the typical market price.

The fact that MA gets paid auction fees is irrelevant. If I start calling people as a Nigerian price my phone company still gets paid.

What is relevant though is that there will be no action for it. No preventative measures will be taken (such as warnings for items deviating too much from market average) and no reactive measures will be taken (such as infractions for the scammers).

As such this thread is rather pointless. Anonymous people scamming by imitating current prices and adding zeroes is nothing new.

I have several times bourght (and sold) some items for way more than MU when I need it and dont want to wait for other to come on auc or cant find it other places
While I have myself done the former, but never the latter, I have never seen an order of magnitude defended like this. That's not a "mistake" (and that includes MA's own scam attempt).

really who cares - its just money
Seemingly the majority of the population, those not in the 99.99-percentile.

It would be nice, after some decades (I put decades!) when MA will go tits up, to see some disclosures about how much money some humanoids did with this kind of stuff.

If you have plenty of PED, just keep them outside the card, in nice 1000 PED stacks. 50 stacks will look nice, please post a screenie :) together with your IP

ye i dont see scam in here.. u can ask whatever u like from ur items.. the problem is the blind players who keep on bidding their whole pedcards..

These aren't scams. Looks like someone miskeyed an extra 0 on the Igni. The other ones have low startbids. Moving on.

High buyout is never scam. As every item has user determined markup we cannot say it is forbidden to sell something 10higher than last sold. You cannot dictate prices in free market. Maybe tomorrow update comes and gives igni extra dmg on specific mob and boom gun is worth 100k.. is buying gun after that also scam? What next lets forbid ppl to sell stuff under market value as they ruin the markup which will lead to scams?

It is most definitely a scam.

In these cases it is however painfully obvious that the seller is trying to deceive the buyer by imitating the typical market price.

LOL can you read minds to claim that? Or can you maybe post list of allowed prices for every item? How much can i ask for uniquely painted master coat? 1k 10k 100k ? It is free market and price is made by seller. I bought few arkadia collectibles for 10time higher price than mv... should i report the seller?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Getting NEG REP just because i try to expose this kinda of SCAM makes me lol HARD

"
02-27-2015 16:28
In Love With
Thread: Attempts of SCAM in AH

no scam, legit auction ... Not a single violation against EULA"

IF you think this is Legit trying to misslead ppl into SB or BO that gun that worth 5100 to 5500 ped for 51k to 55k, is not an attempt to scam ppl guess your blind or maybe you get a cut on a deal like that....:wise:

Eh don't sweat it...that same person neg repped me a few years ago when I made the same thread pointing out dangerous auctions and showing people what to what out for.

Even when I clearly said it is not a scam, that people are free to list at whatever price they want, just as I am free to warn people about it. Apparently, he does not think we should warn people about it. He tries to limit our freedom of speech. Wonder why? Why would anyone try to stop someone from warning another???

Obviously he has some interest he wants to protect.

The people above who say it is not a scam are right... whether it is shady or deceptive doesn't matter anyhow, each person can decide that themselves...but to tell someone they shouldn't warn people is despicable. That's what a few told me..."Why you warning them? Let them make mistakes" Some people are just stone-cold heartless wastes of oxygen...don't let them bother ya :)

Last edited:
Hi ppl be extra carfull on buying CLD, some ppl are trying again and its intentional:

Selling 1 CLD for like x10 more.

Regards,
Lumar

Yeah, beware of those CLDs scammers...

One of these scammers did really good in the past, and is now owner of LA thanks to this.

Pm if you want to know what LA it is :lolup:

Back