What colour is this dress?

Alainax

Elite
Bonnie
Argh! Came home to FB today and its everywhere! I just cant see the other side :laugh:

Sorry if you social media has already been bombarded with this... If not.. prepare to start an argument with the person sitting beside you :laugh:

I am sure its just all a big conspiracy! I have even watched the IFL science videos explaining it... I still can't see it!

So, what colour is this dress?
10422007_10153086999017421_8926486617814415575_n.jpg

I really don't get what the fuss is about. I say it is black and blue. I simply cannot see the white/gold people are talking about. :scratch2:

I really don't get what the fuss is about. I say it is black and blue. I simply cannot see the white/gold people are talking about. :scratch2:

Ditto! No matter how I look at it, I still see black and blue! Even when they mess around with the colour enhancing stuff, I just don't see it!

Hence I think its a conspiracy ;)

What's all this about anyway, it looks gold and silvery white to me.

Same here I see gold (but more like the cmyk version of pantone gold if your a printer) and white.

I see gold and white, but It is blue and black...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-31656935

It is, how people see colour which is making it different.

Please close thread,

Thanks.
The point of the thread was not to discover why and close it - we all know ( or can find out) that already ;)

Just because we understand how and why people see different things, doesn't mean its not interesting to hear others opinions on what colours they can see :)

PS, the IFL Science video on it is fab!

What's all this about anyway, it looks gold and silvery white to me.

An everyday optical illusion it seems :) That's sparked quite some debate on the tinternets! :cool:

Same here I see gold (but more like the cmyk version of pantone gold if your a printer) and white.

Im really trying to see the white and gold... but just cant! :/

Last edited:
It's the same color of your user name: Alainax and the background for our posts. In other words, white and gold.

And yes I know that is wrong but that is what my eyes see.

Last edited:
I see white and brown.

I don't get it.

If you look the whole picture, your brain know it's overexposed and decypher the true colors, hence blue and black.
If you look only the tone of dress, it's color are more white/bronze than blue/black hence perception.
_81291393_newdress.jpg

The true question is why does a crappy photography make a buzz ?
But i know the answer, social media bullshit.

Why did that woman rip the sleeves off? Is it really the same dress?

(I saw blue and brown(bronze) on the original image)

Why did that woman rip the sleeves off? Is it really the same dress?

(I saw blue and brown(bronze) on the original image)

I think there is a matching shrug/bolero in the first pic... :)

I wonder if the shop are going to cash in on this media hype with the sales of this dress.. or at least make another in white and gold ;)

I think there is a matching shrug/bolero in the first pic... :)

I wonder if the shop are going to cash in on this media hype with the sales of this dress.. or at least make another in white and gold ;)
Another one? The original one IS white and gold. :laugh:

gold and white .
How the heck are all you magoos seeing blue ? :laugh:

its white and gold!!! ive been looking this picture every possible way but i just cant see that its blue+black.. one of my friend sees when he first checks it that its white+gold but it soon changes to blue+black... thats freaking weird

I see blue and black, I cannot ever see white and gold.

gold? what gold? that color is somewhere between "dog's crap" and "sick dog's crap". :laugh:

Its the dress that broke the internet! :silly2: From this day forward the human race will be split into the Blue Black camp and the Gold whites! :laugh:

It's blue black, you're all conspiring against us! :scratch2: :eyecrazy: I've even tried going cross eyed to see the gold white.. its just not happening! :silly2:

Blue and gold-ish, ofc. :D :) Well, on that picture in the OP at least .... ;)

gold-white here

Purple and green, why? :scratch2:

Since seeing this for the first time yesterday, I've gone back and forth about three times. It's freaking me out a little.

-Mick

Faded blue (hint of weak purple) and buff gold (close to Grecian gold)

Does that put me in the middle or something? Weird!

I can see blue/black on low gamma settings. Black suggests simply too little colour "opportunity" to me. No idea how people see white, though.

Last edited:
Back