What colour is this dress?

Ok - first watch its white/gold... no matter how long i try to force my mind/eyes to see it different.

But covering the bright sun on the right and then squinting my eyes very much and it turns to blue/blackish a bit...

Wierd...

Falagor
:bandit:

This week ISIS overran few Assyrian villages and took around 300 hostages, women and kids included.

They used construction gear to start destroy ancient statues and monuments.

Technically, "News" should be about "new" things, no?. The above is tragic but nothing new.

Last edited:
how anybody can perceive the blue as white/silver is just completely baffling to me! :laugh:

I saw this and I said "obviously blue/black, what's the big deal? this is stupid"...
so, I show my dad, he says "blue/black, doesn't look white at all, who would say that's white?"...
my mom walks over "blue/black? what's wrong with you guys? it's white/gold!"

me and my dad started cracking up! :lolup:

you "white/gold" people need your eyes checked, since the dress REALY IS blue/black! :silly2:

Ok i really wanted to see black/blue so i tried something:

On right part of picutre - colors taken with "color selector" (randomly choosen on two fields of the dress).

It is actually brown and grey-blue (no idea how this snd color is called).

No matter how i tried to sample the color it is always brown and grey-blue with a bit more brighter or darker shade but still same colours.

So it is neither gold/white nor black/blue?

Ffs - whats going on?

Falagor

On right part of picutre - colors taken with "color selector" (randomly choosen on two fields of the dress).

No matter how i tried to sample the color it is always brown and grey-blue with a bit more brighter or darker shade but still same colours.

Ffs - whats going on?

Falagor

did the same some post ago :) and yep it is more gold as black, maybe a dark gold lol. the withe is in a light blue to lila ton. Depend where you pick the color in gimp or photoshop.

what else.. it is just a cloth :) I do think, the hipe about that pic is more about that we all have a different view, how colors look.
Maybe a lot playing EU make it more looking black.

Ffs - whats going on?

Falagor

yeah im wondering if the ppl who see blue+black see those colorstripes on the right as blue+black also.. if so what if we took those colors into a different picture :D

yeah im wondering if the ppl who see blue+black see those colorstripes on the right as blue+black also.. if so what if we took those colors into a different picture :D

Yes they do. (actually Blue and goldish black, but more black)
ANyways if someone wants to change how they see it, let some light in your eyes for like 30 minutes and then try, and if not working stay in dark room for 30 minutes and try (should change the colors) atleast it worked like that for me.

Yes they do. (actually Blue and goldish black, but more black)
ANyways if someone wants to change how they see it, let some light in your eyes for like 30 minutes and then try, and if not working stay in dark room for 30 minutes and try (should change the colors) atleast it worked like that for me.

Do you realize you just recommended that we spend a freakin hour to prepare our eyes to look at the stupidest dress ever in the shittiest photo ever!

That being said, I will be in a dark room for the next 30 minutes. Bbl :)

State of the Universe Address 2015
02-27-2015 20:18
Replies: 57
Views: 3,071

What colour is this dress?
02-27-2015 19:33
Replies: 97
Views: 2,755

Screw compets, MA. We need more dresses! :girl:

Ffs - whats going on?

Falagor

I presume the argument is how it looks in this photo, and not what color the dress is in real life?

Presuming the first, IT looks white (maybe blueish white) and dark gold.

Not even close to black and blue.

And the colour comparison above shows that. I cannot understand how anyone can see straight blue/black.

I waited to post as others have said it changed for them, not for me.

I really don't understand

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: refining my choice, it looks like a white gold dress in shadow
EDIT: a direct comparison, they are not even close???

Last edited:
Falagor

I tried the same thing with the same results. I was writing out a long post at which point I just gave up and closed the browser :laugh:

Think thats weird !! Wait till you see this !!!

Crazy, i know :eyecrazy:

I've tried so hard, can't seen anything but white and brown.

Watch the photo during different moments of the day:

- Morning

- Midday

- Evening

Have fun :)

Watch the photo during different moments of the day:

- Morning

- Midday

- Evening

Have fun :)

- Morning : looks withe gold

- Midday : looks withe gold

- Evening : after play EU looks black blue :)

it looks like a mans dress, i dont like it

I see the damn thing everywhere today but couldn't make it look black and blue even if my life depended on it :duh:

I master the hue test without errors so am pretty sure my eyes are right :)

Yup, me too, score of 0 - but I see blue and black....

I see the damn thing everywhere today but couldn't make it look black and blue even if my life depended on it :duh:

I master the hue test without errors so am pretty sure my eyes are right :)

score of 3 but my excuse is i am tired, most of the time i see it as gold and white with a slight hint of blue and on a rare occasion i see it as blue and black (like now, i swear it was gold 5 min ago with white) :zzz:

today at work it was black and blue, and now it's gold and white again.... i'm messed up :)

Now I see the blue and black. ;)

Now for sale in white and gold ;)

264eb73700000578-2979076-image-a-6_1425471061990.jpg
you can keep the dress... I'll take the manikin (mannequin) underneath! :wtg:

Auto correct... Thanks apple (you sick bastards)!!

Last edited:
I read that as you wanted the "mankini" :laugh: was thinking.. ok.. what ever floats your boat ;)

The clicked it was mannequin/model your were on about :ahh::laugh:
Ummmm The last one...... For some reason my spell check gave me this....... Really!!!! :eyecrazy:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/manikin
number 2 and 3.... If I'm not pasted out of my mind! ;)

Pasted?,?! Seriously....... Wtf...... Plastered ..... Hmmm

auto correct.... (In place of spell check) thanks apple... (You sick bastards!)

Last edited:
What colour is the dress now.....

Back