State of the Universe Address 2015

They should upgrade to at least DX10 immediately. You can probably find these cards in a junk yard.

whoud be nice we have option to chose how to
run game in dx9 or dx11 that best so ppl with old pc can play also
If the directX 11 is utilized properly, (read not messed with) it supports both 9 and 10 so it wouldn't be an issue. Tried this with crises 2 and an old card. ;) Looks about as good as medium low settings. :)

They should upgrade to at least DX10 immediately. You can probably find these cards in a junk yard.

You'd be surprised how many can only play on medium setting 5+ years after Cryengine2 VU10 implemented in 2009. DX10 makes the game unusable for those still on WinXP (and there are more than you'd imagine)

(Not talking about me personally, I've been on Very High for at least 3 years now)

If the directX 11 is utilized properly, (read not messed with) it supports both 9 and 10 so it wouldn't be an issue. Tried this with crises 2 and an old card. ;) Looks about as good as medium low settings. :)

This.

Too Short.

You'd be surprised how many can only play on medium setting 5+ years after Cryengine2 VU10 implemented in 2009. DX10 makes the game unusable for those still on WinXP (and there are more than you'd imagine)

(Not talking about me personally, I've been on Very High for at least 3 years now)

People cannot expect to buy a pc and run windows xp from 10+ years ago and expect to continue playing games, even EU for that matter. Technology advances, graphics are the new "thing" in gaming..

People need to be prepared to update their pc build. If you can afford to play EU you can certainly afford a new pc..

As for multi-gpu builds.. I ran dual 770s with no problem after some tweaks in the nvidian inspector settings. It's not too hard to do.. Just set everything for "crysis 2". People with AMD card are doomed from the start.. Even with dual-gpu support crossfire will fail.
Ps.. This game is 75% cpu dependent. A 560ti will work fine when coupled with a beefy sandy bridge or better 4-core cpu.

People cannot expect to buy a pc and run windows xp from 10+ years ago and expect to continue playing games, even EU for that matter.

Tell you what, create a poll on what settings players use from safe, low, medium, high and very high.

The results may surprise you. People play games on laptops and tablets that can barely run Candy Crush because it was a cheap purchase / bought 2nd hand from friend etc.

Ok! Fixing stuff that isnt working is good,is all i got to say.

People cannot expect to buy a pc and run windows xp from 10+ years ago and expect to continue playing games, even EU for that matter. Technology advances, graphics are the new "thing" in gaming..

People need to be prepared to update their pc build. If you can afford to play EU you can certainly afford a new pc..

As for multi-gpu builds.. I ran dual 770s with no problem after some tweaks in the nvidian inspector settings. It's not too hard to do.. Just set everything for "crysis 2". People with AMD card are doomed from the start.. Even with dual-gpu support crossfire will fail.
Ps.. This game is 75% cpu dependent. A 560ti will work fine when coupled with a beefy sandy bridge or better 4-core cpu.

Some ppl choose to deposit rather than upgrade their hardware. One of my soc members doesn't even have money to buy a new monitor. (100 dollars?) . Maybe they shouldn't play this game at all.. but they do.
As Macklemore says it : One mans trash, thats another mans come up
Maybe Mindark has learnt from their mistake with the cryengine upgrade. They started missing a whole lot of income due to players not being able to play anymore (and deposit). I like fancy graphics.. if in fact they were fancy. But Mindark doesn't have the capabilities to do fancy graphics, and fancy graphics, especially on avatars, lead to more lag.

I mean below is what cryengine is capable of.. yet we still have the same avatars that came with the last version of gamebryo. (pre-cryengine).

2368956-crysis_3___psycho.jpg

Some ppl choose to deposit rather than upgrade their hardware. One of my soc members doesn't even have money to buy a new monitor. (100 dollars?) . Maybe they shouldn't play this game at all.. but they do.
Maybe Mindark has learnt from their mistake with the cryengine upgrade. They started missing a whole lot of income due to players not being able to play anymore (and deposit). I like fancy graphics.. if in fact they were fancy. But Mindark doesn't have the capabilities to do fancy graphics, and fancy graphics, especially on avatars, lead to more lag.

I mean below is what cryengine is capable of.. yet we still have the same avatars that came with the last version of gamebryo. (pre-cryengine).

If you are ready to play with 1 fps

This is a poor argument. Everything needs to be updated. You dont sport blue jeans to work with a hole in the crotch and food stains all over them, no matter how nicely they fit, and you dont use your frugality as an excuse to hold progress back in order to cater to your personal desires.

Macklemore is an idiot.

Avatars went through a major overhaul last year. We do not have the same avatars we had in Gamebryo. That's why island shirt wont fit. It was made for those avatars.

Reactions: Mac
Avatars went through a major overhaul last year. We do not have the same avatars we had in Gamebryo. That's why island shirt wont fit. It was made for those avatars.

So we now have about the same detail as Psycho in my example?

This is a poor argument. Everything needs to be updated. You dont sport blue jeans to work with a hole in the crotch and food stains all over them, no matter how nicely they fit, and you dont use your frugality as an excuse to hold progress back in order to cater to your personal desires.

That's a flawed example. Physical objects permanently deteriorate and wear out, which is what you specifically point out. Virtual objects don't. At least, not unless they are (L). ;)

I would be happy playing pre-CE2 EU (in terms of visual presentation). It wasn't wearing out, it was simply looking more retro. It may have been slightly less graphically intensive but it had far more personality and performance. We lost a lot of emotes and avatar actions, not to mention the systems that took years to re-implement. Obviously that's due to MA's shortcomings and not CE's, but it is in fact what happened.

Macklemore is an idiot.

I believe Spawns point was that there is plenty of room for graphical improvement within the current engine.

Have you tried to run crysis 3? My main rig... 770 sli, i7-4960x would crawl on max settings in that game.. It's brutal.. but even medium on crysis 3 is absolutely stunning.

During my time out of the country, and prior to buying the nice laptop I have now, I used a $230 Asus piece of garbage and played EU on low/safe mode... Sure it sucks, but at least it allowed me to keep mining..

Although I will say that after 2-3 months of that and then moving to high/very high I fell in love again. The cryengine is truly amazing in EU.. I would like some bigger textures on trees and such, but that's just being nitpicky.

So we now have about the same detail as Psycho in my example?

That's not realistic. This is an MMO using DX9. Not an engine problem. Its limitations on DX9, and MA not wanting to isolate a customer base that stubbornly insists on playing this game on Amiga's.

But we've had this discussion before. Your points and mine are wholly divergent topics.

Have you tried to run crysis 3? My main rig... 770 sli, i7-4960x would crawl on max settings in that game.. It's brutal.. but even medium on crysis 3 is absolutely stunning.

During my time out of the country, and prior to buying the nice laptop I have now, I used a $230 Asus piece of garbage and played EU on low/safe mode... Sure it sucks, but at least it allowed me to keep mining..

Although I will say that after 2-3 months of that and then moving to high/very high I fell in love again. The cryengine is truly amazing in EU.. I would like some bigger textures on trees and such, but that's just being nitpicky.

Game almost look like CGI video it amazing for sure ,and cry engine 3 is very good optimized

Game almost look like CGI video it amazing for sure ,and cry engine 3 is very good optimized

All of that just so people's avatars can look really good standing at the crafting machine autoclicking :laugh:

[h=3]State of the Universe Address 2015[/h]

Marketing
MindArk plans to continue to expand and refine its marketing efforts in 2015 in order to maximize the number of new participants joining Entropia Universe. As outlined above, our marketing efforts in 2014 were very promising and we plan to become even more aggressive in 2015.

Best regards,

Klas Moreau
CEO MindArk PE AB

Originally Posted Here

Calypso Rescue Team is getting ready for the challange to rescue new players who like to explore in this great game and get stuck in the wilderness of Calypso. So have we done in over 9 years now! :)

Calypso Rescue Team is getting ready for the challange to rescue new players who like to explore in this great game and get stuck in the wilderness of Calypso. So have we done in over 9 years now! :)
I thing we have way to many teleport :(

Last edited:
That's not realistic. This is an MMO using DX9. Not an engine problem. Its limitations on DX9, and MA not wanting to isolate a customer base that stubbornly insists on playing this game on Amiga's.

But we've had this discussion before. Your points and mine are wholly divergent topics.

Would be nice if it could work with both though. Keep (what remains) of the current participant base and possibly reach out to newer, for those only interested in cutting edge visual stimulation.

Personally, I think MindArk's longer term goal should be to have more channels of participation.

Virtual Tycoon

Currently the Virtual Tycoon app is not polished enough to go toe-to-toe with other App vendors. It is also buggy and likes to crash in the middle of a crafting run or when trying to retrieve auction data (after a few 'gets'.) The app fails to function if the screen is off, this is annoying, crafting runs can take a long time, so being able to sleep the screen while it beavers away really is a must.

Also, I don't think the name has helped in anyway, I think it should be named to match Entropia Universe.

Web Client

Because there is an android app, I really don't think it is too much of a leap forward to create a web client app, it could surely re-use a load of the code utilised within the android app. This offers more people more continued participation. I struggle with the phone app because, a) it needs the screen to be on all the time and b) I have no phone signal quite a lot of the time when I'm working. I wonder how many other people would be in the same position as myself (and obviously, at the same time, cannot run the full client!)

ComPet

I don't really know a great deal about this, but it is an interesting development, and I think there could be more fun ways to extend MindArk's offering with other divergent apps/games etc. For instance, a candy crush style game with Entropia themed items and terms. A build and conquer style app, again with Entropia branding.

Advertising

This is the rub. For all of these to work in a modern gaming world, there needs to be advertising revenue behind, or the volition for users to quash advertising at some nominal cost. Various models are:

Within EU
Subtle advertising pop-up, re-use of town based advertising mechanism (as we've seen in the past.) Or maybe more Minority Report style advertising with banners that appear (within towns) as you walk and follow you, then disappear. To make these go away, you pay a nominal monthly fee.

In new apps
There are a plethora of standard advertising mechanisms that work within apps, pick the least obtrusive of these and bobs your uncle. Then, you can provide a paid version of the app to quash those adverts. If you are already a 'subscriber' within EU, then (assuming these apps can be account based,) these apps would/should not display adverts.​

"Don't be hatin' " :). Advertising is just a fact of life in media in this day and age.

What must these new channels and advertising bring to participants..

Plain and simple... better loot/better average return.

Hopefully what these changes would bring are more participants, which would hopefully increase the chances to loot decent 'special' items.

One last things...

My participation was largely fueled, in the past, by the chance to loot decent kit, always with the divine hope of somehow getting my hands a Unique item. There are so few of the items, it seems like an impossibility. This is one of the biggest deflating aspects of EU for me.

While we have Adjusted, Improved, Modified, Customised, Reworked, Adapted, Hyper, Super, Duper, Ancient and Unique et al. I think EU is missing other things, like Legendary, Historic, Heroic and things of that ilk.

Some items come close, like the Mod. Tegretov, but unfortunately, it feels like Modified is just 'a bit better' a lot of the time. Uniques are their own category and that's perfect, they aren't necessarily economical, but they are most definitely special. With Legendary, Epic (or some other fitting adjectives,) they would not be unique, they would definitely be very special (maybe more so than uniques) but there should only ever be a handful of them (and for (L) at any given time there should only be some.) They should always have some extra capabilities also. Like heal affect, or burn on target, or increased hit rate, those kinds of things.)

Food for thought maybe?

Last edited:

Thanks for showing this link.

Comment - They don't have a CLUE on how to describe Entropia to the masses :/ Jeese as bad as Turpin.... :(

No matter what anyone will say to this comment or how they feel about NeverDie- They need to talk to NeverDie or maybe just listen to his old interviews! At least he was excited and had tons of enthusiasm plus clearly explained it all. :wise:

Thanks for showing this link.

Comment - They don't have a CLUE on how to describe Entropia to the masses :/ Jeese as bad as Turpin.... :(

No matter what anyone will say to this comment or how they feel about NeverDie- They need to talk to NeverDie or maybe just listen to his old interviews! At least he was excited and had tons of enthusiasm plus clearly explained it all. :wise:

atleast now we know where we stand on exploiting..
wild wild west

Now they should just watch the part about confidence in loot again

[h=3]State of the Universe Address 2015[/h]
ComPet Application
Work is progressing well on the design phase of ComPet, which is currently planned for release in Q4 of 2015. The ComPet website will be launched within the next two weeks and will provide ongoing updates and info on the ComPet project

I wonder if mindark invented a new way to measure time and its only them using it. It would be so nice if one of their announcements would come true within the informed timeframe. Just once in a while!

I wonder if mindark invented a new way to measure time and its only them using it. It would be so nice if one of their announcements would come true within the informed timeframe. Just once in a while!

Let's give them the coming week to launch the website :silly2:

With regard to space they said, "The first stage of the Galactic Transport system will likely be included in the Version Update currently planned for June"

Now they've released more info on CLD estate plots but haven't mentioned anything about this new galactic transport system :scratch2::eyecrazy:

With regard to space they said, "The first stage of the Galactic Transport system will likely be included in the Version Update currently planned for June"

Now they've released more info on CLD estate plots but haven't mentioned anything about this new galactic transport system :scratch2::eyecrazy:

They have promised alot for space were they didnt use the word 'likely' over the years and in 2 state of the universe announcements they actually 'forgot' to mention space at all.
With equus still not being sold out i guess we will need a hell of luck to get this happening in june...

Back