State of the Universe Address 2015

technical director is CEO?? :-D
how many employees left at mindark plz? ^^

http://www.mindark.se/investor-rela...dark-Appoints-New-Chief-Executive-Officer.pdf

"Mindark Appoints New Chief Executive Officer, Gothenburg, Sweden 2014-06-12

MindArk PE AB announced today that it has appointed Klas Moreau as new Chief Executive Officer of the company. Klas Moreau has been the Technical Director of Mindark since May 12, 2012. Before that, Mr. Moreau was Head of Business Unit Command, Control and Applications at Ericsson, the Swedish telecom giant. "

I'm actually surprised they are planing to launch the first stage of the housing system in mid-2015, I thought it would take even longer time.

I'll be bloody amazed :laugh:

As with taming and beacons I've got a feeling we'll get something that fulfils the function but will be different to what we envisaged. One thing is for certain since this is MA - it will give them a nice chunk of cash for each.

[h=3]State of the Universe Address 2015[/h]

Space
In order to improve the quality and quantity of space content, we are working on several new features and systems. Those new features will be developed and released incrementally during 2015 and into 2016. The first stage of the Galactic Transport system will likely be included in the Version Update currently planned for June, and will offer transport missions with rewards drawn from the Galactic Transport pool that is funded by auction transfer fees.

To create the potential for more exciting and rewarding PVP activity in space, there are plans to refine the balancing of spaceships and spaceship weaponry in order. Along with that rebalancing, additional PVE space content is planned for Q3/Q4 2015.

Originally Posted Here

There seems to be something missing at the end of this sentence.

The support based on my personal experience has been at its best since i started the game, thumb up for that one.

PvP wont mind more tweaking and takeaway some features while adding a crouch posibility would be a blessing.

Space needs expension (not in size but in content) i agree, space should be busy, busy because of the interesting things lootable there (space hunting).

GL with the work through the year.

To create the potential for more exciting and rewarding PVP activity in space, there are plans to refine the balancing of spaceships and spaceship weaponry in order.

There seems to be something missing at the end of this sentence.

There are plans to refine the balancing of spaceships and spaceship weaponry in order To create the potential for more exciting and rewarding PVP activity in space

What does it mean that the "Citizenship & Housing System" will be improved?

Next island is no longer a planet partner. Though I'd be curious how one could go about buying the defunct franchise...

Inquiring minds would like to know.

I'd like to know the answer to a general question along these lines.

From a Mindark/PP perspective, what happens to a large element in the universe (Planet, Bank, Asteroid, Moon, Large Amount of Deeds, ETC) when the owner of the item leaves the game or abandons the property?

"
Citizenship & Housing System
Development of these systems was unfortunately delayed in 2014 due to the critical infrastructure upgrades taking quite a bit more development time than anticipated, along with several other projects receiving higher priority in the second half of 2014 and early 2015. The housing system will be implemented incrementally, starting in mid-2015.
"

You forgot to mention a thank you for funding this prepaid with 6 million $.
In understand it got lower priority ? Nice one :)

"
Development of these systems was unfortunately delayed in 2014 due to the critical infrastructure upgrades taking quite a bit more development time than anticipated, along with several other projects receiving higher priority in the second half of 2014 and early 2015. The housing system will be implemented incrementally, starting in mid-2015.
"

You didn't fund it you bought shares in a planet which if you still have are worth more than you paid plus they earn you peds and you also want to be thanked for that :laugh:

am i reading that right?
there is no new content for 2015, just expansion on existing stuff?
We don't need new things in game what we need is better working mechanic what else you wanna
I see them done a lot work now need adjustment :yup:

"
"

Meh just copy and paste build this guy a castle :wtg:
And take he's cld :beerchug:

What does it mean that the "Citizenship & Housing System" will be improved?

Not improved, implemented.

"The housing system will be implemented incrementally, starting in mid-2015."

My guess is that they will start with the "land claiming" system. We will be able to use our land deeds to claim our land-spots, not any real housing/building system yet.

technical director is CEO?? :-D
how many employees left at mindark plz? ^^

It seems that only one doing 3d modelling, only one or 2 ppl doing coding, 1/2 ppl doing level design.
and all others are CEOs, directors, investors etc.

At least, only a few are developing content, thats why they have ages to implement new stuff, or bug fix old stuff.
If more work in the developing team, maybe the CEO should buy a real whip, so more happens in the studio.

They could use some of us players. I know that a lot 3d artist play that game, and they could easy model some content for eu. lets say for a a nice ingame item or some thing else. But no, they don't want our help. They more promise a plan when things get finished, and we all know it will take 2-3 x the time to get there.

They figured it out! Stop adding broken stuff to the game and fix the currently broken stuff, finally!

am i reading that right?
there is no new content for 2015, just expansion on existing stuff?

am I reading that right?

No new content for 2015 except for the new content?

New features coming... Whats to say there will be no new content?

I don't get this :scratch2:

All old news.. promise us the same next year, I'm sure we all forgot by then

[h=3]State of the Universe Address 2013[/h]

Space
In the State of the Universe Address 2012, we mentioned plans for expanding and improving space. Several other projects received higher priority in 2012, resulting in the plans for space development being pushed forward to mid-2013. The early focus will be on addressing several issues that currently allow for practically risk-free travel between planets. Space combat and weapons will also be adjusted to improve hunting space creatures and ship to ship PVP combat. Towards the end of the year, we hope to implement several completely new features to space, perhaps even space mining.

CLD Estate & Political Systems
Concept design of the Calypso Land Deed estate and political systems is already in full swing. While many of the core concepts are already in place, we believe it would be worthwhile to gain valuable feedback from the community on several proposed aspects of these new systems. Therefore, we will be contacting CLD holders with a survey early in the year to get their input. Once the design plans are finalized, actual development of the estate and political systems is scheduled to begin after the summer. We are very excited about the potential of the political system especially, and look forward to working together with the community to make it something truly amazing and unique in the computer game industry.

All in all, we leave behind a fruitful 2012 and set our sights forward to some very promising opportunities available to continue expanding and improving Entropia Universe in 2013. We sincerely hope that you join us in celebrating ten years of Entropia early next year, and in developing the future of virtual reality in 2013 and beyond.

Warmest holiday regards from all of us at MindArk,

David Simmonds
CEO MindArk PE AB

Originally Posted Here

CLD Estate & Political Systems
Concept design of the Calypso Land Deed estate and political systems is already in full swing. While many of the core concepts are already in place, we believe it would be worthwhile to gain valuable feedback from the community on several proposed aspects of these new systems. Therefore, we will be contacting CLD holders with a survey early in the year to get their input. Once the design plans are finalized, actual development of the estate and political systems is scheduled to begin after the summer. We are very excited about the potential of the political system especially, and look forward to working together with the community to make it something truly amazing and unique in the computer game industry.

This raises an interesting point.

I was never contacted. Would have appreciated some contact, as I have some hopes that this system will not undermine current housing.

I suspect it probably will, though.

Updated my post on page one:

Im very glad that space is again on the roadmap and look very much forward to june 2015, but lets not forget how long we have been waiting for Space to get some attention again after the following promises:
2012:
To accomodate the increasing number of planets within Entropia Universe and to encourage the growth of local planetary economies, one area that will receive special attention in the coming months is space travel and interplanetary trade. Resources and materials will be rebalanced among the planets in order to enable each planet to develop a thriving and healthy local economy, while at the same time creating opportunities for participants to engage in commerce across multiple planets.
Originally Posted Here
which sadly didnt happen :(

2013 Space was forgotten on the roadmap at first and then after an outkry of the community a promise for space was added:
Somehow the section about space development was inadvertently omitted from the State of the Universe Address. Apologies for any confusion or panic this ommission may have caused. Space is definitely part of our development roadmap for 2013, rest assured.

I have added the following section to the Entropia Universe Buzz article-

Space
In the State of the Universe Address 2012, we mentioned plans for expanding and improving space. Several other projects received higher priority in 2012, resulting in the plans for space development being pushed forward to mid-2013. The early focus will be on addressing several issues that currently allow for practically risk-free travel between planets. Space combat and weapons will also be adjusted to improve hunting space creatures and ship to ship PVP combat. Towards the end of the year, we hope to implement several completely new features to space, perhaps even space mining.
which sadly didnt happen either :(

in 2014 then Space was entirely forgotten and noone cared to make any statement about it at all:
http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2014/02/25/State-of-the-Universe-Address-2014.xml

2015 now we have this and i want to put some attention on the 'bolded' words compared to previous statements of the past years:

Space
In order to improve the quality and quantity of space content, we are working on several new features and systems. Those new features will be developed and released incrementally during 2015 and into 2016. The first stage of the Galactic Transport system will likely be included in the Version Update currently planned for June, and will offer transport missions with rewards drawn from the Galactic Transport pool that is funded by auction transfer fees.

To create the potential for more exciting and rewarding PVP activity in space, there are plans to refine the balancing of spaceships and spaceship weaponry in order. Along with that rebalancing, additional PVE space content is planned for Q3/Q4 2015.
Originally Posted Here

So the galactic transport system for space is not scheduled for june it will 'likely' be in a version update which is 'planned' to come in june...
There are plans to refine the balancing of spaceships, it doesnt say there will be a refinement of the balancing its just plans and the sentence even end unfinished 'in order'...
PVE content is 'planned' for Q3/Q4 2015 no word of 'development' or 'implementation' which are usually the steps after 'planned balancing' and we know how long it took tamers to get from a 'planned' to a 'developed' to an 'implemented' stage.

I really do hope for the best and that space the contecting layer between all the planets of this universe finally gets the attention it deserves after spaceships have been sold with features and promises already 4 years ago which are still due to happen.
Maybe im overly critical but with mindarks core developers working on compets and calypso running on 'autopilot' with no offical avatars present during events to assure everything runs to 'plan' i really really hope that everything works out as 'officially' planned/scheduled by Mindark.

I would hate to see Space getting shifted to 2016 and again forgotten in that 'State of the Universe' with no 'Community Manager' there to comment about it.

I like the direction. Fix things first, then move on to new stuff.

They figured it out! Stop adding broken stuff to the game and fix the currently broken stuff, finally!

Ppffftt, I told them to do that back in 2010. (Note how the first part of my idea was to exclusively fix bugs before working on any new content.)

And while that's not exactly what they are saying in the SoUA (they're just generic "improvements to system X" statements) I'd still like to encourage them to focus on fixing what's already ingame before trying to push new stuff out.

Well that sounds like mindark will have a busy year again. Since mindark isn't planet calypso I wonder what these guys have on their shelves for us this year. Calypso is so big right now and many places are just empty piles of space with generic environment. I would like to see things getting more polished and more points of interest getting added. I remember vague they once said they will look into what made the old PE map so special and try to bring the old feeling back. I just wonder why planet calypso doesn't give us their roadmap for 2015

Ppffftt, I told them to do that back in 2010. (Note how the first part of my idea was to exclusively fix bugs before working on any new content.)

And while that's not exactly what they are saying in the SoUA (they're just generic "improvements to system X" statements) I'd still like to encourage them to focus on fixing what's already ingame before trying to push new stuff out.
Yep, just patting them on the back for doing this in a timely fashion. :laugh: If you dig a bit farther, it was suggest way before that as well! :silly2: Oh and I agree. :beerchug:

Fix directX and fix Crossfire/SLI! :yup: Aaaaaand fix my jeans!! :wtg:

OK. My thoughts on this are that they're going to make the small fighters tougher, faster and with bigger guns. The motherships will probably get a fixed limit on their SI at which point (L) shield generators of various sizes will be implemented that require a different repair tool and skill / profession but will use the residue from the exp. ammo crafting as by then there will be a huge stock pile of it.

Or we'll see the ideas we put forward since space launched that are still way better than anything they've come up with so far.

Nothing out of the ordinary, looks ok thou' imo. :)

Space

Originally Posted Here

Let me guess, you rebalance small ships firepower so it will be way harder
to destroy a Mothership, but at the same time, you will eliminate features
where it is more or less risk free from being looted? :)

[...]

Support
With the closing of MindArk’s office in Mexico during 2014, support operations were relocated back to the Gothenburg headquarters. This change has resulted in a better overall support experience for our customers, with faster response times and much improved support ticket satisfaction ratings.
[...]

Klas Moreau
CEO MindArk PE AB

Wait...it's not truth. Someone has lied to you. You have enemy saboteur in HQ in Gothenburg !!!
Support is not working, cases are not answered in any reasonable time, Ulf is showing you only good ticket ratings ;)

if they've been readin ghte space forums maybe it's time space gets an overhaul..

Taming
The second stage of the Taming system will be implemented in the upcoming Version Update.
Pets will gain passive buffs that can be unlocked at various levels of experience. Stables will gain the ability to offer several new time-limited pet buffs as well. Additional functionality will be added to the Taming system in Version Updates throughout 2015, some of which will be coordinated with the ComPet application.

ComPet Application
Work is progressing well on the design phase of ComPet, which is currently planned for release in Q4 of 2015. The ComPet website will be launched within the next two weeks and will provide ongoing updates and info on the ComPet project.

Hmm is it me or does the Taming system and the Compet Application and the Creature control system all sound like this?

Now as for space...

Space

Space I feel needs a Serious rebalance here and things like the Map (Opem/CLose) exploit should be removed.. also I like the idea of maybe the fact that maybe Klas (Or someone at Mindwark might be reading what i am wriing about how space should be..

and believe me there are a lot of players who are space pilots who want to see a fair battle in space where it's the pilots wits and courage tht determine the outcome of the battle, and not using exploits to decide the fatte..

Also LIke I saidi n my threads about Missile systems and Counter Warfar, there should be ways to impove the game immensely..

Other ideas include the following

PVP Space Radar On (Except around Nebula Dust Clouds...

In short when you enter space your radar is on and it stays on.. and in fact the only time the radar goes off is when you enter a nebula or a dust cloud to hide your movement..(This also w oould work in benefit to the pirates as they could set up ambusheses near or around those clouds to catch players off guard..

IN short if Klas and the rest of the team put their minds to it.. Maybe we will get what the players need, a fiar balanced fight and not a skewed one like it is now..

(Or as Gordo Cooper wanted.. A window for space.. after all we do need to ahve it where space is fair and balanced and not skewed as it is now..

but as for other things, let's hope that with this "Short' Order' that Klas has designed that most of the conditions will be met and will keep the players satisifed..

but we can only hope, can we not?

Benjamin Ben Coyote
a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper (And) "Nis_Dog_Spot"

I tried to explain the Compet thing to my wife and the thing that came to my mind to compare it with was Pokemon

Hmm is it me or does the Taming system and the Compet Application and the Creature control system all sound like this?

I like the direction. Fix things first, then move on to new stuff.

Can I add to the fix things first list...... Enable directX 10 and multi GPU please! :beerchug: This will be after other things ofc. ;)

And if you could swing it, directX 11, but you will have add this one yourselves. ;)

Ty for the thread. :)
Just found this... Please add!

Back