Help: Crossfire issues?

Pauhe Gunor

Stalker
Society
Hunters Unlimited
Pauhe Cybertrash Gunor
Anyone else run EU with Crossfire and have no issues with it? Just setup Crossfire on 2x R9 280X oc and having issues... Trees and grass in the foreground and distance flicker on and off a lot and i seem get much smoother game play on a single GPU but if possible i would like to run on both.

does EU just not support Crossfire or SLI?

System spec

i7 4790k
2 x R9 280X oc
Corsair Vengeance 16gb
Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H-BK
EVGA SuperNova G2 1300

Anyone else run EU with Crossfire and have no issues with it? Just setup Crossfire on 2x R9 280X oc and having issues... Trees and grass in the foreground and distance flicker on and off a lot and i seem get much smoother game play on a single GPU but if possible i would like to run on both.

does EU just not support Crossfire or SLI?

System spec

i7 4790k
2 x R9 280X oc
Corsair Vengeance 16gb
Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H-BK
EVGA SuperNova G2 1300
No there is no Crossfire or SLI support in EU. I've had a support case about that since 2010. They know about it but have disabled it. I'll see if I can dredge up the reply for you. ;) I even asked it in the new state of the universe address. :yup:

Edit: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/ask-mindark/200762-when-will-sli-crossfire-fixed.html

Crossfire would be nice.

DX11 would be nicer. :-D

Thanks for the info Nor Alien. good to know this will be fixed in the next 5 to 10 year :)

Thanks for the info Nor Alien. good to know this will be fixed in the next 5 to 10 year :)
Np just wish I could have given you better news! :beerchug:

I thought there didn't need to be "crossfire support" and that it was hardware controlled?

I thought there didn't need to be "crossfire support" and that it was hardware controlled?
Yes and no. The engine still has to support it before the hardware can utilize it. Since they modified the engine to fit their needs, the part of the code that used to support it, can't tell the hardware to utilize it!:)

Just to clarify, even though my video card supports directX 11, since the engine doesn't doesn't support it, I can only use directX 9.

Back