Temp ban on purpose?

Society
Apocalyptic
Whining Skeptic Aboard
Heya,

I think I need a short break from EU. Anyone know if it is possible to request a time limited lock to ones account and if so how well that works out?

Was thinking of a few weeks or so, but don't want to end up locked because something goes wrong...

Dont know about an actual ban but you can put your account in hiatus for an extended period so you dont lose anything.

At last you could...

Few months ago i asked support to lock my account for an amount of time because i was away for a while. The answer was "it's possible, tell us how long you need" but finally i didn't lock it.

Pack up your gold card and reader in an envelope and ask a friend/relative to hold it for you until the date you say or want it. If card/reader isn't in house then will probably be able to stick to your hiatus plans.

:)

Take computer and proceed to throw it through a window. Or kick you monitor in (more my style) in frustration, then you'll have to save up to buy a new one.

Best decision I ever made.

Only quitters quit.

Pack up your gold card and reader in an envelope and ask a friend/relative to hold it for you until the date you say or want it. If card/reader isn't in house then will probably be able to stick to your hiatus plans.

:)

This is a great suggestion, if you want to try the "Rod Hull" option (can cause death) then I'd say put Gold Card and reader in double plastic bags (just to be safe from rain ingress) and gaffer tape them to your chimney / aerial / roof.

It's drastic, but at least you know you want to come back when you venture out in the rain to go and get it and survive the attempt! :)

Few months ago i asked support to lock my account for an amount of time because i was away for a while. The answer was "it's possible, tell us how long you need" but finally i didn't lock it.
Although the other suggestion are awesome!!:yay: I would choose this one. Plus if you decide to come back a bit earlier, it may take an extra month for support to get it done! Added incentive to make sure you really want to come back! :yup:

But you've been on fire lately (obviously only the good things show, maybe you've had a lot of losses) and didn't you buy an Equus? One explanation that came to my mind was that maybe EU is taking too much of your time. It's almost spring, go out and enjoy it. That always gets me away from the computer.

Do Puny Iron at Camp Icarus WS, its impossible to lose 100 ped. :yup:

When I need a short break from the interwebz, I just skip my ISP bill and pay two or three days late. :cool:

Depends on your ISP, of course.

Are you afraid of someone breaking into your house and logging in, or a remote location? From my experience, unless you live in an area of EU playing thieves, most criminals would be too dumb to figure out how to log into your account anyway, if you have a gold card, even if you left the card and reader on the desk. Remotely, the probability that they would break in without the gold card is slim to none.

I briefly dated a girl who paid me an unwelcome 'surprise visit' when I just got off of working a long night shift and I was sleeping. She kept nagging me to take her for a ride, and said that if I didn't wake up she was going to take my car and drive it herself. I didn't want her to take the car because she wasn't a licensed driver and it would probably end up in a river somewhere, but I handed her the keys. She came back awhile later throwing the keys at me because she couldn't figure out that you need to push the clutch in to start the car. :dunce:

Why you would do that? >)

Didn't you profit like 100k during a week? My guess is he fear for EUs future because he will totaly emty the lootpool in less than a month! He is doing this for us!

sell the mk-v me , sell the lich, sell the arson chip, sell all other gear you have, buy clds
loan me the red quad, I will give you my opalo.

then you want log on, but think.. what am i going to do, shoot snables with opalo? and you don't login.
see you in a couple of months..

Leave the Equus in storage and join us on the Normandie for a while. :)

Sometimes I do some Game brakes too in case of lost RL time in front of a PC.
If you want to make a brake Indeed, Eula tells you how to proceed.
1 year time to relog directly . After a year you get 1 and a half or such to request Support than, not now.
I l wonder if they don't blame you for taking their time for :D

Its wisely to make sometimes a brake if you are bored of it. it d gave me time to get some RL things that are more important than the Ped card value :)
Feel free to check out my threads about my time I didn't played much but focused on gadgets.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...360-G-watch-R-*Selfmade-Beta-phase&highlight=

Often its better to get a RL fulltime job or two, if one isn't enough ;D

Last edited:
Send me your gold card and account details.

I will store them safely.

Cheers.

:dunce:

Heya,

I think I need a short break from EU. Anyone know if it is possible to request a time limited lock to ones account and if so how well that works out?

Was thinking of a few weeks or so, but don't want to end up locked because something goes wrong...
You don't need to go asking support to lock you or taping the gold card to the roof. Just find yourself something else to do. Maybe find yourself something else to play for a bit. I'm not necessarily suggesting downloading another MMO - you just need a web-based game to draw your attention for a week or two.

:wise:The moment you lack the discipline to stay away from EU when you want to. Is when you're truly addicted.

Buy a safe with a time-lock, put your gold card inside.

Make sure you get a really sturdy safe.

Heya,

I Think it's possible. Send a support ticket and ask.

This is the ONE thing I love about EU.

The game tempts you.

It will test you on whether you have the discipline to keep away from the game when you have to. The ability to stay sane and on track with your ped card and your credit card expenditure.

But honestly, if you need someone else to keep you away from this game...forcibly....then I'm afraid that the game might already be a bad one for you to be playing with.

Not quite sure how else to help you on this, but I definitely agree with Dusk on this...

Find something else to keep yourself occupied with for the time being. Something...can be anything. So long as it will keep your mind off this game.

GL.

There are plenty of activities in EU that use a lot less ped than you are spending hunting/crafting. I wouldn't recommend having support lock your account because when you do decide to play again you are going to have to wait for support to unlock you.

Nature helped me. An electrical thunder storm about 3 weeks ago, lightening struck my house, went down the Internet cable and fried my gaming tower. The sparks were cool. Play time down from 4-5 hours per day to about 5 mins on my crappy laptop. Time to buy a new gaming tower about 3 months. Hope nothing exciting happens in the VU....by the road map I won't be missing anything.

Didn't you profit like 100k during a week? My guess is he fear for EUs future because he will totaly emty the lootpool in less than a month! He is doing this for us!
If Raddim couldn't empty the loot pool, I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen. :)

Definitely needs to be locked - was globalling away at Miniopolis. Save some for the rest of us :laugh: -

Back