Do not disturb!

Society
Apocalyptic
Whining Skeptic Aboard
Suggesting added functionality:

When an avatar set his online status, people on his or her friend-list will be able to PM said person, but upon sending the message the sender should be prompted with something like:

"[Avatar name] has set his online status to 'Do not disturb'. Would you like to proceed sending private message?"

Avatars not on friend-list, should be able to either;

1. PM after above prompt

2. Not PM, but;

"[Avatar name] has set his online status to 'Do not disturb'. Your message will be delivered as soon as [avatar name] changed his online status or upon next login."

Whichever shall be determined by an option.

OOOOOr something like that. Please?

I have to agree.

Either people dont see the status or dont care but I still get spammed when on DND.

I have to agree.

Either people dont see the status or dont care but I still get spammed when on DND.

Had some issues with it this weekend while doing the core, which is why I suggested this. People just don't care and I for one have problem ignoring people, so I can't just let the PM notification flash.

Totally with you guys on this, not only do we get interrupts while hunting/mining etc, but when doing long craft run set to afk, I often come back to a stack of pm's and have no idea how old they are. Worse still, see them there and then ctd as soon as I move mouse. So have no idea who said what.

Pretty Pretty Please MA, can you make Afk and Do not Disturb more than just a symbol, please deliver messages to message centre later as described above.

It will likely have the added advantage of making people check their status instead of being of Do not disturb/afk/offline for days when obviously chatting in soc or local chats etc

Had some issues with it this weekend while doing the core, which is why I suggested this. People just don't care and I for one have problem ignoring people, so I can't just let the PM notification flash.

Yup same during WoF

It will likely have the added advantage of making people check their status instead of being of Do not disturb/afk/offline for days when obviously chatting in soc or local chats etc

Embarrassingly I just checked my status and have done exactly that :ahh:

No offense to you WS, but wouldn't some self control take away the need for this and your last request/complaint as well?

I am all for freedom, choice, features, etc.... but still, this is an MMO, tons of people pm me all the time and I don't have a problem ignoring them when I don't want to be social, or answering them when I do.

If you set to Incognito your name appears darkened red. Seems to be a suitable. You dont have to open the PM box, you can be AFK.

I don't care about that status at all. It's like with text messages and email.. I don't call people to early in the morning or to late at night. Same with business calls after workhours to people I don't know for sure that they work around the clock but text messages and email you can read and reply to whenever you want so then it's up to the receiver to decide.

When you change your status to any of the other options it should just force the person to send a message rather then a PM just like when someone is offline.:wise:

Maybe just change it from saying the person you are trying to message is offline to whatever status you are set to.

ndaq57l.jpg

Hide yourself from Player Register
Set yourself as Incognito (as Few Scars said)
Change status to Do Not Disturb
Let those in your society know you dont wish to be disturbed for the moment and close soc chat

If you do all that and you still get the odd message afterwards, well consider yourself very popular. :grouphug:

I dont see the need for MA to make further changes to the interface, let them get on with other priorities such as CLD citizenship, space improvements etc.

No offense to you WS, but wouldn't some self control take away the need for this and your last request/complaint as well?

I am all for freedom, choice, features, etc.... but still, this is an MMO, tons of people pm me all the time and I don't have a problem ignoring them when I don't want to be social, or answering them when I do.

None taken. It is quite well established that I lack self control. However, I have this issue where I do not wish to be seen as rude (except when I rage) so for some reason I feel like I must check and reply, since I know there is a real person behind the pm with something that I'd think is important to say as I get PMd while on DND.

With that said; I successfully ignored no more than one person, who started to talk about he would give every noob who asked 1k ped if he athd (such a coincidence I just athd and he asked for pED....). I want to answer and help everyone, feel like I must.

Hide yourself from Player Register
Set yourself as Incognito (as Few Scars said)
Change status to Do Not Disturb

If you do all that and you still get the odd message afterwards, well consider yourself very popular.

With my Colouring/Texturing service I sometimes just want to go hunt for a couple of hours or take part in an event or craft or have some alone time. I've tried all the above and nothing works I still get PMs. All through Mayhem I tried DND and then Incognito and I still got messages mid run. I actually find it quite rude and I then think I'm being rude if I just ignore them and don't reply when they know I'm online. Maybe it's an age thing or the way I was raised :dunno:

I just find it bizarre that for years we have asked for MSN or similar type features so we could use AFK/DND/etc. and now no one takes any notice anyway.

Some time ago I did send in a suggestion that messages sent in DND mode get sent to Mail and not to PM so yes I'd love this to be implemented. Maybe more should send in some suggestions.

Last edited:
Back