The Number One Change You Would Take Back...

Rocket192

Elite
Society
Classified
Sean Rocket Connors
With the controversy surrounding the drastic changes to economy dynamics by Mindark, as well as the change in leadership we've seen in 2014 leading into this year.. What is the number one change made by Mindark you would have them take back? If any at all?

Personally I would just remove explosive bp crafting from EU. Shrapnel introduction boosted oil/stackable markups considerably, while doing no harm to crafting and mining. Explosive bps has decreased the amount of items being crafted, replacing them with explosives. This has crashed the markup of the whole economy, as hunters and miners depend on crafters.

Last edited:
I would say, money in loot, but actually I wouldn't want that.

Really I would say, better average return of TT, thus lowering the need for too much markup, which I reckon would help oil the gears of EU commerce while allowing rarer items to have a decent markup.

Hmmm... multi-uber-item loots.... but they annoyed as much as impressed.

Unique items, thing of the past?

If I had to choose.... abstain :(

Crapnell....

Crapnell....

Yes shrapnel, or at the very least stop ammo dropping in loot as well as shrapnel.

Like if i get 20 ped of shrapnel, 5 ped of laser ammo, and 5 of blp ammo - why not just have 30 ped of shrapnel instead.

Yes shrapnel, or at the very least stop ammo dropping in loot as well as shrapnel.

Like if i get 20 ped of shrapnel, 5 ped of laser ammo, and 5 of blp ammo - why not just have 30 ped of shrapnel instead.

I have no problem with Shrapnel, but would prefer to see laser and blp ammo disappear from loot. Would also like to see it as an ingredient to BPs too.

However, I do suspect that the purpose of shrapnel (read universal ammo) is to allow an participant to understand that they have depleted their set-out ammo amount helping to reduce over-run in hunting. If laser and blp ammo was removed from loot, it would defeat the whole purpose of it. Assuming I have it's purpose correct.

Separate tools and amps for ore and enmatter.

Would have to be the complete change of the map for me. Was gutted when that happened.
Conners.

lootable space.

I have no problem with Shrapnel, but would prefer to see laser and blp ammo disappear from loot. Would also like to see it as an ingredient to BPs too.

However, I do suspect that the purpose of shrapnel (read universal ammo) is to allow an participant to understand that they have depleted their set-out ammo amount helping to reduce over-run in hunting. If laser and blp ammo was removed from loot, it would defeat the whole purpose of it. Assuming I have it's purpose correct.

I think the purpose was more to increase player turnover, hunt-convert shrapnel-hunt-convert shrapnel.... and to cut down on ped tied up in unsellable smaller stacks with wide drops of before.

Also for new players shrapnel allows them to continue hunting, giving an impression of more bang per buck (which btw i think has worked).

Explosive BP II-IV

BP I was a good idea.

If it were up to me I'd remove all ammo from TT. Force it to be crafted using level I BP's. Add supplies to mining:

Salt Peter and Alkali Metals

Have them be very abundant. Salt Peter is used for ammo. Alkali Metals are used for lasers. Combine with Basic Plastics, respectively, to create bullets, explosives, and batteries in large quantity. Enough yield per success to basically have MU be about 100%. Your starting crafter would use these as blueprints to grand skill.

Have them basically replace NRF.

Anyone who didnt want to pay crafters was welcome to use the webshop to buy universal ammo.

Last edited:
BP I is tedious. It also doesn't give enough skill.

Everything after SGA :laugh:

No super uber ATHs. Give me mining claim rods back. Keep bombing and probing separate. No more shrapnel and ammo loot, give me items. Etc. You can't choose just one.

lootable space.

that ^^
but also - in connection to the OP
I'd want communication or something in game to make clear what is lootable and what isn't
biggest recent example is H-DNA..... was lootable and now isn't - with no word from MA

Shrapnel and the "improved" loot.

Another thing that is not as important as shrapnel but would really like to feel the excitiment of while mining and doing - the old beacons :(

Explosive BP II-IV

BP I was a good idea.

If it were up to me I'd remove all ammo from TT. Force it to be crafted using level I BP's. Add supplies to mining:

Salt Peter and Alkali Metals

Have them be very abundant. Salt Peter is used for ammo. Alkali Metals are used for lasers. Combine with Basic Plastics, respectively, to create bullets, explosives, and batteries in large quantity. Enough yield per success to basically have MU be about 100%. Your starting crafter would use these as blueprints to grand skill.

Have them basically replace NRF.

Anyone who didnt want to pay crafters was welcome to use the webshop to buy universal ammo.

Mostly in agreement here. haven't given much thought to the ramifications on the economy by making ammo completely craftable. I think they wouldn't do this specifically because of new players. It may be too complex for them.

Would have to be the complete change of the map for me. Was gutted when that happened.
Conners.

Yeah i hate the way the made space, and that they brought in Planet Partners with non-cannonical themes and backstories (although to be fair they also completely abandoned their own backstory and theme anyway), but i think the one single change that affects me on a regular basis is the map change. I know where to find every mob and a bunch of the little Easter Eggs in the terrain... but that was the old map.

I hate the way the new map has terrestrial vegetation everywhere and very little personality. Yeah i get it they were available models etc with CE2, but there was so much cool alien environment in the old map.

I also hate that they went nuts with the terrain generator and cranked the contours slider up all the way, so that there's no line of sight on mobs. I remember when the CE2 VU came out, the hills were too steep for us to even get around and they had to tweak the physics. Now you have to have a flying vehicle or TP chip to get around, or even from revive to your hunting area, due to all the cliffs and fences.

Yes i also agree with Magyar.

Definitely abandoning the back story for no back story and a bunch of fucked up items, characters and scenarios that make no sense to anyone.

Filling the game with ridiculous features that make no sense in a futuristic, technically advanced universe.

Barbietropia...the lowering the maturity level of the entertainment value of the game to appeal to prepubescent little girls...example "pets".

Someone at some point said, "Lets take this brilliant idea and all the great work to make it intelligent and interesting to play and lets design all the creatures based on my cock and balls. In fact, lets give some of the creatures my cock, 'cause that's exactly what people want to see while they're playing a video game."

Tweeking the economy so that returns get lower and lower and only diehard gambling addicts and fools are crazy enough to keep playing it.

etc. etc. etc.

Low level mobs like Argos giving 9k hofs, i could grind argo for days dreaming for one, now whats the point.

Same with mining, could hit towers ath with no amp, now again, maybe, but what is the point

That they fixed the sliding bug and the sit down/stand up/be on top of a building bug. :(

THe change where when you fall a little you suddenly freeze stuck to the ground for a second when you take the damage.

Please please take that back, please holy shit please!

All the loot changes they've made since L was introduced :)

Planet Partnership. Which caused this conflict of interest and new ideas of planet partners are cancelled at last stages of the development, and the changes are too few and also too slowly implemented.

Remove all grind missions... They killed the games social aspect.

I'm probably gonna get some hate mail for this but I think shrapnel was a good idea....

Until explosives BP's killed it in one shot.

Crafting supplies should come from players not MA.

Thye basically just took that market away from players and kept it for themselves.

Sure some will get bored with Exp BP's and will go back to other favourites looking for better BP drops etc but if its just mindless skilling then exp BP's will take most of that now.

I'm probably gonna get some hate mail for this but I think shrapnel was a good idea....

Until explosives BP's killed it in one shot.

Crafting supplies should come from players not MA.

Thye basically just took that market away from players and kept it for themselves.

Sure some will get bored with Exp BP's and will go back to other favourites looking for better BP drops etc but if its just mindless skilling then exp BP's will take most of that now.

I totally agree with you here.. After shrapnel introduction I actually started hunting again because I could average 108-11% in markup and not lose my ass, then explosive bps came out and crushed not only hunting, but mining as well.

These are sad times for EU.

Back