Question: Enhancers (any kind)

Isaac

Guardian
Society
The Ministry
Isaac Jacob Thorne
The probability function that models the event of an enhancer breaking down is being driven by the amount of uses. The amount of damage a weapon makes also seem to be an explanatory variable for the probability function with respect to a weapon damage enhancers fading into oblivion. At least this is what I get when reading the posts here regarding this topic.

My concern is guided towards uses as explanatory variable combined with selling/trading enhancers. The amount of uses with respect to an enhancer must be stored somewhere (hopefully server sided). So this leaves us to some interesting sceanrios:

i) The stored uses of an enhancer does not alter on trades

ii) The stored uses of an enhancer are altered (e.g. resets) on trades

Obviously this leads to some serious faulting. In i) people can use their enhancers for a while and sell them for the generic markup leaving others with paying the same mu for less uses on average. In ii) one can trade a set of enhancers to his buddy (and he is trading his) and effectively prolonging the life time of said enhancers.

So, maybe the more experienced players can put some lights on my thoughts since there is a positve probability that I missed something on the enhancer topic.

Regards

Isaac Thorne -- AU

You are making the mistake of thinking it's a state-based function. It's a simple probability that plugs into the "dynamic generator" of EU. Whether that's a pseudo-random number generator or something with deliberate swings is another discussion, but there's absolutely no evidence enhancers have internal state, and plenty of reason to believe they don't.

There is no stored value of number of uses.

Its a probability function of when they break each time it is used. Think of it like the classic bell curve, it will on average break at x, but it can break 3 standard deviations either way, with decreasing probability.

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: what doer said above :)

Thx for the answers +rep

Back