Enhancer decay

maxwellhawk

Prowler
Society
Damage Inc.
max hawk phoenix
Today I noticed that removing an enhancer costs decay (1 pec). Is this supposed to be there or is this one of those "features" that MA has a tendency to add in. I don't think there is decay for adding or removing anything else from a tool.
I didn't check to see if there is a decay for adding an enhancer.

It's a feature that has been around since enhancers were introduced I believe but it's not 1 pec decay, more like 0.001pec :)

0.001 pec indeed

It charged me a pec for removing it from a freshly repaired weapon and it cost a pec to repair it again.

drop 1 ammo in the TT to get your pec back ;)

What I don't understand, why do they bother with 0.001pec decay? it's total meaningless? or is it some-kind of inbuilt system that everything must decay, and the smallest amount is 0.001pec?

What I don't understand, why do they bother with 0.001pec decay? it's total meaningless? or is it some-kind of inbuilt system that everything must decay, and the smallest amount is 0.001pec?

Indeed..long time ago around 2003 this game was planed as running on microtransactions, not tearing 5-15% of each run out of average run :D

Almost any time you sell a used-up (L) weapon or chip, adding ammo (less than 100) will raise the sell value by a pec. There's also almost always an extra pec charged every time you repair than what it tells you it will cost. This of course, is dishonest, but MA can feign ignorance and continue making what amounts to a decent amount of ped in the long run.

Isnt this just due to the per card showing to few decimals and rounding down to the lowest at once instead of rounding down mid way like most other systems?

Because do that to one person and it's nothing that will be noticed. Do that to 1000 people and it's one pec. Do that to 1000s of people 1000s of times and it all adds up to $$$. It's called dishonesty.

Because do that to one person and it's nothing that will be noticed. Do that to 1000 people and it's one pec. Do that to 1000s of people 1000s of times and it all adds up to $$$. It's called dishonesty.

Seriously it's so little so it will not give MA any money that would matter for the even if 10 000 people did it 1000 times. I would be like 60 USD or something like that.

It seems to me if it was 0.001 pec it would not show up in the decay unless it was a pec. If I hadn't just repaired everything I would have never known that I was paying for decay - making it seem like to me as a hidden tax.

Seriously it's so little so it will not give MA any money that would matter for the even if 10 000 people did it 1000 times. I would be like 60 USD or something like that.

And it might have cost them 10 seconds worth of work to put that bit of code in the game. Would you pay five cents for sixty dollars? I would.

And it might have cost them 10 seconds worth of work to put that bit of code in the game. Would you pay five cents for sixty dollars? I would.

Do you seriously think it something they have put there for some extra money? Noway. It have some other purpose or just some leftover.

Back