The Greatest Event Ever!

Would you participate in this type of event?

• Yes

Votes: 74 80.4%
  • No

Votes: 18 19.6%

• Total voters
I think the mob should look like a treasure box with no animation :p
And it should have SI instead of HP :p

I think the mob should look like a treasure box with no animation :p
And it should have SI instead of HP :p

That would be a really cool idea...a big gaudy treasure chest.

But I would put a mouth on it and make it do a witches-laugh as you shot it.

Edit: actually no...no laugh...that would be the most annoying thing ever!

You still haven't explain how this is an event, it's just MA putting loot into mobs.

MA put loot in event mobs now (mayhem L weapons, boosters, hedocs etc) but u want all that put into boxes so we can't have them until 2 months later.

As for the main prizes, a noob with a tt gun shouldn't be able to win the top prize. The events as they are now need adjusting, but letting a 2 day old noob win a mod hedoc is BS.

BTW: your poll is BS too :) of course i'd enter this event if it happened, doesn't mean I want it to happen.

The mobs could be something like the way the old Longtooth migration were. One single maturity, then add the shared loot version of the same maturity. Of course you would want to create a whole new mob that could be universe wide for every planet to have spawns. Solves the problem of lower level players not being able to participate. Also you would have to make sure that the drop rates are set spread out enough which we all know is MA's downfall on all their events.

Keep the ideas flowing and maybe we can get MA to do something like this.

As for the main prizes, a noob with a tt gun shouldn't be able to win the top prize. The events as they are now need adjusting, but letting a 2 day old noob win a mod hedoc is BS.

A 2day old noob can get a full esi, or any of the UL toys dropping at the time from shared loot already.

just saying.....

You still haven't explain how this is an event, it's just MA putting loot into mobs.

MA put loot in event mobs now (mayhem L weapons, boosters, hedocs etc) but u want all that put into boxes so we can't have them until 2 months later.

BTW: your poll is BS too :) of course i'd enter this event if it happened, doesn't mean I want it to happen.

Because its a way for them to drop cool or different stuff that isn't in the loot pool, like the 1000's of crap on banned avatars. Because mystery pulls at the treasure hunting part of our brain way harder than regular loot does. Because it would create excitement like an event.

You can still have the regular events so the ubers can loot their 5th or 6th mod hedoc idgaf anymore. :)

This is a different event, the prizes don't have to be as awesome...but there CAN be good ones, and yes noobs can get them!

And it is an "event" because by definition, an event is us shooting something to accumulate something, either kill points or dsu/pumpkins...discovering all the boxes is this event is the same thing, and the prizes are awarded at the end, just like the other events.

I just think its a good way to get a LOT of people interested that either stopped participating in MM in the past, or will be stopping this year :)

Last edited:

This would probably be the same as SGA or TEN event.. maybe spawn some specific mobs.. like LT or something where only event mobs will drop boxes.

This seems to be a very interesting and 'promising' interaction of an event(s) if MA implements/applies these ideas into all planets, and even perhaps across all professions (hunting/mining/crafting). Will this happen in space?

Regards,
-Vi

Mystery boxes ?

If something like this will ever make it into entropia I will pack my bundle and leave for good. If I want chance boxes I can choose from a unlimited amount of pay2win mmo's out here.

No wouldn't participate in such an event. Effort must pay off and you would be the first person that's pissed if you got place #1 on the grinding list, spending tons of peds to get there and find 293 boxes with (L) crap, while player number 4484 get that modfap from his first box for spending total 10 ped to kill that mob.

I don't like it

Mystery boxes ?

If something like this will ever make it into entropia I will pack my bundle and leave for good. If I want chance boxes I can choose from a unlimited amount of pay2win mmo's out here.

No wouldn't participate in such an event. Effort must pay off and you would be the first person that's pissed if you got place #1 on the grinding list, spending tons of peds to get there and find 293 boxes with (L) crap, while player number 4484 get that modfap from his first box for spending total 10 ped to kill that mob.

I don't like it

I would NEVER care if that happened in a fair event.

Shared loot is fair, and I do NOT complain when people loot the items and I don't...I never have. I am happy for them...because I know the event is fair and random and those things can happen.

I grind shared more than 99% of the players in this game and have for years. Ask anyone who does a lot of shared...I have NEVER once complained about items going to someone else and not me.

It occasionally paid out, and I myself have gotten some good loots from them, but no matter how bad it got other times, I NEVER got mad when someone else got an item. I hurts a little when I see an ATH on shared and I had to work, or was in the wrong spot or something, but that is the extent of it, and that is an entirely normal feeling.

Please ask anyone who grinds shared with me.

And your statement is contradictory...you say if you want chance, you would leave and go play any pay2win game?

This games current event structure is the EXACT DEFINITION of pay to win!

Also, In case you haven't noticed, this event is technically EXACTLY like any shared loot event...more dps gets more chances, but ALL have a chance.

You left the game already then because of shared loot, RIGHT?

Look, if you don't like it fine, but do NOT tell me what I would get pissed about, because you simply don't know me, nor do you have the in game experience to judge my character when it comes to someone else getting an item and not me. Period. You rarely play, and I never see you at shared. Find one example of me getting mad at someone who FAIRLY looted an item...

The only person I ever been mad at for looting something at a fair and random event was dale alladin because he looted that fap on ark while exploiting and shooting from the other side of the wall where he can't be hit!

I am just trying to think of ways that make all the others that don't like MM get excited about this game again.

Editted to remove this persons tracker...I don't want to belittle them for not playing...I just want to do it because they are wrong about how I have reacted to FAIRLY looted items at shared loot. In fact the only items I ever complained about were in MM and that's because the same 3-5 people take them each year and it really is sickening to see that, not just to me, but to the majority of this game, 90% of which arent on here defending the MM winners constantly like many of you.

Last edited:
I love the idea.

As a kid I always loved those crappy little 'lucky dips'.

I knew the prize was gonna be some crappy little piece of garbage but it never stopped me from wanting one :D

This is just the lucky dip on a major scale but the best part is you cant open them till all are found then its like christmas morning :yay:

Its got my vote.

So after a month or two hunting and part of your loot locked away in boxes the day finally comes to open them and then the auction overflows with junk and markup is destroyed and the whining about how the event is shit and should be done a different way begins.

I almost voted no because Tacotuesday posted it but If this were an event I would most likely participate. The loot list needs to be pre-generated though and randomly assigned when you open the boxes so that there is only 1 Unique Tacotuesday & Hardwrath Terminator but maybe 500 very large trouts.

Yes, yes and more YES!

Would be a lot of fun, and involve all community - traders gambling on buying boxes, players getting as many as they can.... and finally the grand opening :D.

Good idea Taco, +rep

So after a month or two hunting and part of your loot locked away in boxes the day finally comes to open them and then the auction overflows with junk and markup is destroyed and the whining about how the event is shit and should be done a different way begins.

so make the boxes have a timer. 24-48 hours after looting, it unlocks. not exactly opened but able to be opened.

I like the idea

Make This happen MA. I enjoy the shared mob event and believe its a fair system that anyone can loot a nice item and the more dps you do the better chance to loot a nice UL item. shared mob event is like the lottery it takes $1 to enter.

I like any kind of mystery, boxes or even magic mindforce chips.. But Im not sure if this should be an event or just the normal everyday, maybe both. MA could still create birthday presents (MA knows your birth date), xmas presents or even seasonal presents (halloween outfits), easter eggs (containing pills?) around the bushes, and you-name-it.

This seems to be a very interesting and 'promising' interaction of an event(s) if MA implements/applies these ideas into all planets, and even perhaps across all professions (hunting/mining/crafting). Will this happen in space?

Regards,
-Vi

Good point Vi. Hadn't thought of that part.. maybe add them to crafting and mining like they did with the CLDs during that event too?

These are all good ideas...and like vi said, doing it across planet and for all 3 professions would be great.

If MA can do it for cld on all 3 prof's, then doing it universe-wide should be easy too.

But regardless, we need a change...

Over 80% can't be wrong.

The way of the old events are dying...if MA wants to grow, they can't keep ignoring the other 80-90%.

This is just one idea...you don't have to agree with this idea in particular either....but what this does show is that the majority want something different, something with some more damn creativity...

And I knew I wasn't the only one.

It doesn't have to be one specific event mob it could you could get one for a global that way it covers all the core professions although with hunting at the low end only needing 10ped to global it may still have some issues.

Maybe MA need to adjust the global level for mining and crafting depending on the item found or crafted, for instance 10 ped global for oil or basic filters (been a while since I crafted anything).

I'd rather see stuff that's similar to the Xmas gifts than more weapons or armour. We've had events in the past to loot plushies.

Keep voting please thank you!

Back