The Greatest Event Ever!

Would you participate in this type of event?

• Yes

Votes: 74 80.4%
  • No

Votes: 18 19.6%

• Total voters
Society
Entropy
Sunsout Tacotuesday Gunsout
Take all the good prizes for an event, and add 9900 little smaller prizes. Things like L guns, L armor, UL bp's at 100 qr like what ark does, unique silly or cool furnishings like statues and stripper poles, and even ELM guns or Universal ammo packages of various amounts. Even all the smaller stuff that MA never auctioned on old banned accounts or old stuff that doesn't drop anymore!

ALL those prizes go into Mystery Boxes that drop off of some special event mob planet-side.

Make it a substantial event duration, and make it take like 1 month minimum for all 10k to drop, and if they aren't hunted enough, it will extend past one month until all are found.

Make it random like the shrooms are or the CLD's were...and have just one type of mob, around 1-2k hp. Low levels can shoot at the shared sites.

None of the boxes can be opened until ALL are looted. They CAN be sold and traded though if people want to.

We all can spend as much or as little time gathering the boxes as we want.

THEN....once all are found, we get to open all the boxes!!!

It would be the most exciting time EVER in this game!!!

AND...no matter what the prize, EVERY box gives a Rare hof, so we can all have fun seeing what others got, and the newer players can see the pretty swirls.

Can you imagine the thrill as your little pile of Mystery Boxes grew over the course of the event?

Or the tension of not knowing if you should open them right away, or save them, watching the rare HOF's scroll by?

The only hard part will be MA figuring out a drop-rate that doesn't dump em all in the first hour, or become predictable, like the Aurli bones were.

I am so excited for this, that if MA doesn't do it, I will cry and whine for it forever! It is the greatest idea I ever had (greater than any other ideas I had for this game, I mean)!!! (Disclaimer: I am not claiming this to be my idea...plenty of you already thought about it and I am sure it's in plenty of other games, this needs to be said for complete idiots like Kestukis and Tamosius)

Please add your thoughts or ideas :)

Edit: added a poll!

If you vote no, please tell me why. I am sure some of you will vote "no" just because the idea came from me...but if you have a REAL reason why you wouldn't I would love to hear it!

Last edited:
I like the idea. A good addition would also be participation on all levels, small to big. That would be an event which is about ecitment and fun instead of just having the biggest gun to win the biggest prize.

Nice idea but I dont think MA would have time to do this with everything else they are doing however if they did they will probably go down the route of you having to loot matching keys for each box hence causing more decay.

Last edited:
I like the idea. A good addition would also be participation on all levels, small to big. That would be an event which is about ecitment and fun instead of just having the biggest gun to win the biggest prize.

I think it would have to be one mob size, though, otherwise you run the risk of drop rates being better on one or the other etc, but if MA can figure out a way, I am all for different size mobs.

Not sure how they could balance it if there was different mob classes, unless they split up the main prizes, which is certainly an option.

But yeah, if it was one mob size only, newer players would probably have to team.

everytime you kill a mob you open a mystery box

looting a gun or looting a box whit a gun inside lol

Haha...yeah good point...

I don't really have a good argument against that except....ummm...these are super-special Mystery-Boxes!

Well if we had a teaser about the main prizes and some of the other stuff, it would still create an exciting aura.

Especially if we knew, given the length of the event, that there would be some very nice big prizes.

This is not what he wrote. HE is talking about a set number of smaller prizes. And not every mob loots it, otherwise the duration would be very short and not the suggested timespan.

Ah however, i think looting the box is the special thing of not having the gun, but the excitment not to know what you looted for a certain time. Like children who wait to open their presents.

This isn't an event it's just asking MA to make mobs drop loot instead of shitting shrapnel BUT we have to wait a month or two before we get the loot.

I think it would have to be one mob size, though, otherwise you run the risk of drop rates being better on one or the other etc, but if MA can figure out a way, I am all for different size mobs.

Not sure how they could balance it if there was different mob classes, unless they split up the main prizes, which is certainly an option.

But yeah, if it was one mob size only, newer players would probably have to team.

They could just instance it like they do MM, and lock players into the category, then have the same drop rate across all categories. May not be the best solution, but probably the easiest for them to implement.

I really like the idea though, it seems like a lot of fun to be honest.

This is not what he wrote. HE is talking about a set number of smaller prizes. And not every mob loots it, otherwise the duration would be very short and not the suggested timespan.

Ah however, i think looting the box is the special thing of not having the gun, but the excitment not to know what you looted for a certain time. Like children who wait to open their presents.

Yes exactly!

This game NEEDS that excitement back....those players in the first 3-4 years felt it!

We all remember how we felt as kids waiting to open presents...and tbh, ALL of us that play are still kids at heart :)

This isn't an event it's just asking MA to make mobs drop loot instead of shitting shrapnel BUT we have to wait a month or two before we get the loot.

It functions the same as any Mayhem event in the end. X prizes are given, based on X amount of cycling the MA anticipates to occur prior to those prizes are won.

Just like you have to wait for the MM prizes, you must wait for these, but this way, the huge amount of people growing frustrated with MM would have their own event where the prizes were truly random.

The build-up, and the climax, would cause more excitement in this game than ANY event MA has done recently.

why don't they take all the loot from banned avatars and use that stuff as prizes :)

This is a great idea!

I assume MA would rather sell the big stuff, but can you imagine ALL the small or medium cool stuff that is still on banned avatars???

I bet there is TONS of cool things on some of em.

stuff that doesn't drop anymore for one. I like that the whole idea that it's something different than the same old events reused over and over.

Added a poll, please vote :)

If you vote no, please tell me why. I am sure some of you will vote "no" just because the idea came from me...but if you have a REAL reason why you wouldn't I would love to hear it!

Last edited:
stuff that doesn't drop anymore for one. I like that the whole idea that it's something different than the same old events reused over and over.

Many years ago, Topps Baseball Card Co. did this...they inserted one of EVERY card from the previous 40 years into all the packs for that current year. They weren't new versions...they were the actual old cards, that are no longer made...some were over 40 years old!

It create a frenzy that was unseen in baseball card collection prior to that point.

Sure, you could end up getting commons like a 1983 Bud Black card or a '87 Pete Incaviglia, or you could get real Mantles, or Mays cards, or a Clemente or a '68 Nolan Ryan rookie...it sure was exciting back then, even though I never found one :)

Nice idea, you should also receive a receipt from the content of each box you traded.
It would be exciting to know that the box you sold at 5 Peds contained a 1 PED schrapnel or a 1 Ped ELM gun.
Oh shit I forgot,if i read this forum it's illegal to buy or sell at whatever not fixed markup.

Edit, read the poll. How come one couldn't partake such an event ? would you need to register or something ?

Last edited:
I like the idea, but will vote no because it is yours...:dunce:

The greatest ever event: 250 000 new players join a game that makes them think.

Now that is an event.

None of the boxes can be opened until ALL are looted. They CAN be sold and traded though if people want to.

This would be a economy boost, knowing that there is a unopened box out there still, with a huge UL prize.
It would make these boxes be worth a very nice gamble.
Not only it would be a insane grinding to find them, I think auction would explode also

I voted yes, but wanted to add that If it is a Mind Ark sanctioned event that it should occur across all planets, not just favoring one PP.

This would be a economy boost, knowing that there is a unopened box out there still, with a huge UL prize.
It would make these boxes be worth a very nice gamble.
Not only it would be a insane grinding to find them, I think auction would explode also[/QUO

Imagine, for a moment, 1/1000 of the people who have heard of this game actually joining.

Just Imagine.

I voted yes, but wanted to add that If it is a Mind Ark sanctioned event that it should occur across all planets, not just favoring one PP.

Yes I totally agree with that...it would probably be very easy for MA to put the same event mob on all the planets.

But if it's caly then I guess they cant, but I would hope it to be MA anyway, because otherwise the prizes would suck. :)

Yes I totally agree with that...it would probably be very easy for MA to put the same event mob on all the planets.

You are suicidal gunsout.

To imagine we are special is to imagine we are stupid. It is. We have to imagine another world/ s much as I love you, your an idiot you think this way.

You are suicidal gunsout.

To imagine we are special is to imagine we are stupid. It is. We have to imagine another world/ s much as I love you, your an idiot you think this way.

No, I am an excitable, hopeful, and passionate spazz sometimes. Often borderline delusional with my dreams and hopes for the game, but I promise you, I am not an idiot :)

No, I am an excitable, hopeful, and passionate spazz sometimes. Often borderline delusional with my dreams and hopes for the game, but I promise you, I am not an idiot :)

I am imagining you are an idiot Sunsouot.:)

We always got along so hear me .Go Steady.

would love this - and as mentioned it would be an event across all planets. maybe pick a mob with 200 hp? and do kill points, so every 2,000 kills you get 1 box?

so the more mobs you can kill the greater the chance of looting a box , ie the bigger DPS you have ,the higher the chance?

and even if you limit the box drops to a certain number per avatar then "other" avatars will just find a way to kill more mobs than you using more DPS than you have.

See where im going with this ?

I asked Kim for this style event years ago and was outright Rejected.

I'm still for it though.

so the more mobs you can kill the greater the chance of looting a box , ie the bigger DPS you have ,the higher the chance?

and even if you limit the box drops to a certain number per avatar then "other" avatars will just find a way to kill more mobs than you using more DPS than you have.

See where im going with this ?

Yeah, I would just make it random like the shrooms are or the CLD's were...and have just one type of mob, around 1-2k hp. Low levels can shoot at the shared sites.

Back