"Your bid is silly"-prompt

Society
Apocalyptic
Whining Skeptic Aboard
Heya,

After suggesting to support to add a really clear warning (manually enter quantity and bid along with a red layer over screen) whenever a bid on auction is mad that deviates more than three standard deviations from market history, I was informed that something like it is already in place but people just click past it.

However, I didn't get a number for it, neither am I keen to try nor feel like bothering support anymore, so I wonder if anyone sits on a screenshot of this prompt and/or know the limits for it to occur?

Would be interesting to see, as it would trash my arguments from yesterday's topic if it is clear enough.

Please note: Lets just discuss the system mentioned.

Edit: Please read the OP before replying. I dropped yesterday's debacle behind me already, as I was proven wrong. However, all this lead to support notifying me that there actually is a safe guard in place; that will help people to not make mistakes very much like the one I proposed. This was news to me, and probably most of you unless you at some point actually placed such a bid by mistake. Now I am curious to know how it looks.

I can admit when I've been proven wrong, which I did last time yesterday. What good would this thread make? It would prove me even more wrong as MA obviously put extra safe guards in which I did not know about. This means, that in order to make such a mistake, you need to be even more careless than I thought.

And I repeat; this is not a suggestion. Mods moved thread by mistake, probably because they never heard of the system either.

I'll share ulfs comment about the existing system later.

Last edited:
How bout this ........ click to place bid ....READ THE FUCKING SCREEN ...... hit accept. :censored:

Ohh, you again :)
Maybe you do not know, but in the past was no MU history.
No 'silly' bids was these days. Was only several services like PE Auction or similar.
All players do a deals for what they want, ie for fair price (as they thinking), ie acceptable for seller and buyer

I vote for disabling the history of MU and for to make all bids in auctions invisible, as on tenders.

How bout this ........ click to place bid ....READ THE FUCKING SCREEN ...... hit accept. :censored:

How about reading the OP?

I'm interested in knowing how the current system (which I didn't know existed) works out.

Ohh, you again :)
Maybe you do not know, but in the past was no MU history.
No 'silly' bids was these days. Was only several services like PE Auction or similar.
All players do a deals for what they want, ie for fair price (as they thinking), ie acceptable for seller and buyer

I know.

But I asked about the current system which I am curious about. Support said there is an extra prompt already when you are about to bid more than seems reasonable.

I know.

But I asked about the current system which I am curious about. Support said there is an extra prompt already when you are about to bid more than seems reasonable.

MA may have disabled it in order to sell equus without scaring potential buyer ?
I think there is enugh confirmation windows as it is.
What you want in fact may lead to a fixed MU value, no bid alloawed, only fixed pricing...
I thought you were taking a break, go out please and don't overcharge support. No wonder they can't redirect the bugs to the development team if you fuck flooding them.

how many of these fkin threads is there.. its already simple/good enuf.. if u cant handle the auction.. stay the fuck out from it

Is my English that bad?

This is not a suggestion!

There is a system in place!

I'm curious to see how it looks!

Not a single one of you read the OP.

Read the OP!

Last edited:
To the OP,

I have met you a few times in game and we have chatted and you seem like someone that I would eventually like to consider as a friend, however I would like to clear one thing up. This is not a game, it is not even marketed as a game, it is marketed as a virtual universe.

In nearly every game I have encountered there are limits and boundaries or choices and paths, the beauty of EU as an environment is that is unconstrained by any of this. Let me give an example :

I have 1000 ped of Tiarak hide and I want to move it from Ark to Caly. ATM I can choose to pay and know I will arrive safely with my stack on Caly. Or I can choose to move from Ark to Caly at 08.00 (In game time) on a Monday morning when the most of the pirates are safely tucked up in bed or if they are European on their way to work. Or I could be a complete idiot and come out of Ark atmosphere shooting like a wild banchee at every red triangle on the screen.

I have to be honest, scamming and other dishonest attributes in this universe are all part of the environment. Would you take a multi million dollar yacht into an area renowned to have armed pirates in the real world.

Scamming is part of this game and helps to pump the adrenalin whether the reaction is good or bad. This game does not need any alterations to make if softer. All it needs in huge flashing letters on the client loader are words

PLAYER BEWARE

NB just because you are called Whining Skeptic does not mean you have to be one, or maybe that is the whole point. I just had a thought, you are not a previously well known player who was banned and has created a new avatar ?

Heya,

After suggesting to support to add a really clear warning (manually enter quantity and bid along with a red layer over screen) whenever a bid on auction is mad that deviates more than three standard deviations from market history, I was informed that something like it is already in place but people just click past it.

However, I didn't get a number for it, neither am I keen to try nor feel like bothering support anymore, so I wonder if anyone sits on a screenshot of this prompt and/or know the limits for it to occur?

Would be interesting to see, as it would trash my arguments from yesterday's topic if it is clear enough.

Please note: Lets just discuss the system mentioned.

Have had it happen to me several times, happens when you bid more than 90% of ped card i believe... (You can test it with some rather cheap ore quite easiliy i think..)

And tbh it annoys the shit out of me... as someone else might buy the item before me, while i have to do the second click. I would prefer if it could be turned off.

Have had it happen to me several times, happens when you bid more than 90% of ped card i believe... (You can test it with some rather cheap ore quite easiliy i think..)

And tbh it annoys the shit out of me... as someone else might buy the item before me, while i have to do the second click. I would prefer if it could be turned off.

Thank you. :)

Finally someone understood me.

Is my English that bad?

This is not a suggestion!

There is a system in place!

I'm curious to see how it looks!

Not a single one of you read the OP.

Read the OP!

HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY THINK THAT THE 1978 PITTSBURG STEELERS WERE BETTER THAN THE 1985 CHICAGO BEARS??? RU STOOPID??

I've never seen what you are talking about... mainly because I don't have 500k PED to accidentally bid on a stack of 300 lyst ingots.

I am sure what they are referring to is the second authorization asking if you are sure you want to place x amount on this item and has a yes or no option.

You have two chances to back out of every item you bid on, trade, buy, you name it. If you blindly go by the second warning asking are you sure then it is ok to do the action.

What do you want them to do spam you hundred times saying are you sure, really are you sure, are you dumb or something are you sure, really your going to ignore all the prior messages, are you really really sure, wait so you really want to do this, did you actually think about what your doing, if your going to do this I can't help you, did you really want to do this...............

At some point it is your responsibility for being dumb and the limit is set at you doing action and them asking if you really wanted to do it and you said yes....

READ!!! if your not competent enough to do that please stop playing real money games as you will just loose everything you have.

I am sure what they are referring to is the second authorization asking if you are sure you want to place x amount on this item and has a yes or no option.

You have two chances to back out of every item you bid on, trade, buy, you name it. If you blindly go by the second warning asking are you sure then it is ok to do the action.

What do you want them to do spam you hundred times saying are you sure, really are you sure, are you dumb or something are you sure, really your going to ignore all the prior messages, are you really really sure, wait so you really want to do this, did you actually think about what your doing, if your going to do this I can't help you, did you really want to do this...............

At some point it is your responsibility for being dumb and the limit is set at you doing action and them asking if you really wanted to do it and you said yes....

READ!!! if your not competent enough to do that please stop playing real money games as you will just loose everything you have.

Your final paragraph is a bit ironic as you seem to have failed to do so yourself. The prompt has already been described in the thread and a suggestion how to test it has been presented.

HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY THINK THAT THE 1978 PITTSBURG STEELERS WERE BETTER THAN THE 1985 CHICAGO BEARS??? RU STOOPID??

I've never seen what you are talking about... mainly because I don't have 500k PED to accidentally bid on a stack of 300 lyst ingots.

I'm guessing that's the reason most people fail so badly when replying; just because they haven't seen it personally it can't exist. Neither have I which is the reason I am curious (as I might have been crying about implementing something that already exist).

I'm sure I've seen it once before. Haven't in a while. I think that's because I tend to check and double check on everything I buy from auction.

I know what your getting at. There are clear and obvious attempts at tricking a person into bidding higher then it should be, but as I and others have said, people need to pay attention to what they are doing. Of course mistakes will and have happened. It sucks and I feel bad when it does. More warnings is not the answer. Coddling people is not the answer. Teaching them is.

So I see your posts as a way to warn people on the possibilities of losing your peds. For that, plus rep. :beerchug:

Edit: must spread... o_O

Last edited:
mad that deviates more than three standard deviations from market history

Problem (Another problem I get annoyed with from time by time): People who use auction for "ped transfer", and that way is messing up market values (for those who doesn't look at graphs at least).

Occasionally I hear someone say that wool is up to 200%, or MF-101 is up to TT+100 and Thinks wow "market value has really gone up", or makes a conclusion like "unrefined wool is way more valueable than refined wool", because of this.

Ideally, when calculating market value, MA should take extraordinary sells into account (and remove those that deviate too much). And, possibly, monitor those transactions.

Ideally, when calculating market value, MA should take extraordinary sells into account (and remove those that deviate too much). And, possibly, monitor those transactions.
Not to mention remove the auction fee included in the sales price, which becomes an insane percentage of the MU when talking about low-value sales.

I mean, seriously, the way it works today is that if someone sold a 2 PED batch of lyst for 120%, MA lists it as 120% in auction history, even that probably 80%+ of those 20% are auction fee, so the actual MU for such a sale is more like 2%, making it 102% in EU (numbers pulled out of my ass, but you get the idea).

That's just fucked up - not to mention intentionally deceptive (so MA are themselves into the market manipulation they forbid :) ).

Not to mention remove the auction fee included in the sales price, which becomes an insane percentage of the MU when talking about low-value sales.

I mean, seriously, the way it works today is that if someone sold a 2 PED batch of lyst for 120%, MA lists it as 120% in auction history, even that probably 80%+ of those 20% are auction fee, so the actual MU for such a sale is more like 2%, making it 102% in EU (numbers pulled out of my ass, but you get the idea).

That's just fucked up - not to mention intentionally deceptive (so MA are themselves into the market manipulation they forbid :) ).

That is wrongful allegation imo. They also mention the volume traded along with MU, which if 2 ped lyst sold for 120% and 2000 peds sold for 101% would give the avg mu much closer to 101% as it is a weighted average that is calculated. The data is already given by MA, the interpretation is where people seem to falter. I do think it would help if EU came with a handbook though :)

As to OP, I have personally never seen the second warning but considering others have, am glad it is out there in case such a situation arises. Thanks for letting us know.

I always have my mommy to hold my hand when I make bids on auction. and she helps me to read the screen.

That is wrongful allegation imo.
Which one; the undisputable facts, or the joking "they are violating their own rules"? (if a joke is a wrongful allegation, I'm probably guilty of mass-murder by now :) ).

They also mention the volume traded along with MU
Not really. It's graphed, sure, but frequently the graph is on such a widely fluctuating scale as to make it literally (not virtually but literally) impossible to see this. Had there been options to filter and zoom graphs properly this could have been adequate, but with the current system it's (intentionally) impossible much of the time. So OK, technically you are correct, but from the view "is it actually usable?" - it's (much of the time) not.

The data is already given by MA, the interpretation is where people seem to falter.
OK, I admit I might still be a noob - I've only been here a little over 5 tears, but in those years I have never seen this data properly (or even actually) presented (using the MA-provided client program). Do you use an external program and an external (web-?) API to pull actual data and present it in such a way, or could it be you have not encountered the many (many) instances where tiny batches gets perhaps thousands of % MU (where the actual MU reaching the seller can be f.ex. 10%), making it impossible to extract any usable information from that (in 2015, frankly crappy) graph display?

I'm not dismissing your assertion, I honestly want to know.

I do think it would help if EU came with a handbook though :)
Indeed, and with a working context-sensitive (non-deceptive, and truthful) help-system explaining every single gizmo, gadget, graph, and button. That's one department MA have consistently failed (or displayed complete apathy, take your pick).

I still stand by my original claim - Market History and MU should (at least have the option to) display MU excluding the auction fee.

I always have my mommy to hold my hand when I make bids on auction. and she helps me to read the screen.
Young enough to still hold mommy's hand, but old enough to need help reading text from the screen? You are a man of paradoxes.

You're not really old if you can still oil the wheels of the walker yourself. :)

Considering it's the seller who pays the fees, it makes sense.

When you buy in auction, you pay what the seller wants for it. In some cases items have startbid=TT - sure this means that it's the seller who takes the "hit" with the auction fee, but buyer still pays 100%.

One change I wanted back in the Days with fast decaying (L) weapons (and facemasks) would be an option to tee the effective markup, considering the "3% rule" (I think it used to be 90% for facemasks). It's less of an issue now though, considering decay is slower (back in those Days 100 ped ammo would decay your gun 30 ped).

Back