Appraisal of land areas

Society
Apocalyptic
Whining Skeptic Aboard
Hey all,

How are current LAs being valued?

I'm interested to know because I might be buying one, but am afraid that people overvalue them. From my point of view you should be able to compare to other investments such as CLDs;

For instance;

50 CLD yields a return of 200 PED per week, and investment made is 75,000

Now, how should an LA with the same return be valued?

- There are expenses and work needed
- A rise in value can not be expected
- Sale is much harder

Just looking at those facts, I'd imagine that a proper appraisal should be lower than the cost of CLDs with same absolute return, but I guess it's not. To make it more concrete; There are currently two LAs for sale with crappy DNA that must be replaced; how much should I pay for it if I wanted to buy it?

Help me out here!

Do not buy. It's just friendly advice ;)

Do not buy. It's just friendly advice ;)

I know; LAs seem to be bad investments but... There are some that are doing really well if I am not mistaken. I assume it is based on efforts. Perhaps I should talk to a few owners first...

I know; LAs seem to be bad investments but... There are some that are doing really well if I am not mistaken. I assume it is based on efforts. Perhaps I should talk to a few owners first...

Then your main question is wrong. You have to ask how much is the unique DNA :)
LA - it's just a container for unique DNA (as Shop is a container for the goods).

I'll agree that your base question is not well researched. There is a sub-forum for land areas that contains lots of back history on prices, evaluations, costs, returns, etc. There is also information in entropedia.

1. Land Areas (sub-forum)
2. For Sale (land areas)
3. entropedia (Land areas / history)

My own perspective. If you haven't been willing to do the leg-work (research) on your own to understand what questions to ask, you are better off to buy CLDs.

Value would be based upon (other factors may also exist):

Nearby Teleporter
Popular mob (if hunting) + added bonus if Iron mission
Good ore (if mining)
Tax rate (get this one right, maximum rate doesnt always equate to maximum weekly returns)
Marketing - get the info out there with forums, ad screens and events

Get all the above right and put shit in (common dung refined) and get ped out.

For instance;

50 CLD yields a return of 200 PED per week, and investment made is 75,000

Now, how should an LA with the same return be valued?

Lowest priced LAs sold at 80k but was well under that weekly income, so I'd say not less than 100k peds for the income LA you are using for the compare.

A LA is always better than CLD at same ROI or similar, because while with CLD the income is linear or close, you can get way more with a LA related to work/upgrades/EUdynamics.

of course this doesn't happen in the most of the cases, or LAs prices would be way more higher.

About hard sale I would warn most of buyers to avoid pay over real value, or the subsequencial sale will just be bloody... the main trouble is to find one at fair price, that seems to be hardest than ever at this moment.

PS: my LAs are not for sale, but I can sell some CLD if you like :D

at the end of the day you cant even compare LA with CLD ...not even the income because with LA it is completely up to you how much you earn but with CLD...

but I guess biggest difference is LA are status symbols while CLD are for everyone..if you want to have to show something you need LA :p

One sold last month for 70k
with DNA and building, but no TP

Back