How to improve player retention

RickEngland

Elite
Society
Jurai Blood
Rickard Rick England
I've got this brilliant idea, it's so simple it's absolutely amazing.

You programme in this auto trigger so when players deposit $100 (or like £70in my money), it "instantly" reverses all the nerfs on a players skills and equipment, so their 70+ pro levels and evade mean something and they get globals rather than 30% losses.

Why don't you try it? You would amazed how happy it makes depositing players feel, and you know they might even tell their mates to pop in and try the game.

Otherwise what a player might do is stop after the first hunting run, and skill pets for a week or two after their depo. Which just costs few ped a day, and put off their next depo for like 3 months or more, before they try again.

So simple isn't it?

ps: looking forward to the pet update.

Rick

I like when a new avatar (I won't say the name, obviously) has 33k, 15k, and 11k ubers all within a month of each other. Makes it all worthwhile :laugh:

I like when a new avatar (I won't say the name, obviously) has 33k, 15k, and 11k ubers all within a month of each other. Makes it all worthwhile :laugh:

lol... if I had my time again, I would've hit the game hard at the start Rave, instead of wasting a year at swamp camp. That said I do have fond memories all those years ago.

Problem is at our levels, if already run down to zero peds, you would need to deposit $500 (5000 peds) and run the lot. I don't have the belief or the budget right now to do that. Good luck to those that do.

We don't have to play of course, it's all personal choice. Although I find myself depositing less and doing less every month that passes, and I find that sad.

Still on the plus side, I get some hardcore pet training in. You should try it, I'll race you to a Level 100 pet.

Rick

That person has had one hell of a month...Dynamic? :rolleyes:

That person has had one hell of a month...Dynamic? :rolleyes:

I'm still a believer in good/bad luck avatars lol :laugh: my hunting buddies seem to do much better when they don't team with me :dunce:

I'm still a believer in good/bad luck avatars lol :laugh: my hunting buddies seem to do much better when they don't team with me :dunce:

I don't see how someone can be that 'lucky'.

Some kind of reward for depositing would be good. Maybe a % gain in skill in whatever skill the player selects or something. Maybe even a certain amount of skill pills per $usd deposited. :wtg:

untitled.JPG

lol... if I had my time again, I would've hit the game hard at the start Rave, instead of wasting a year at swamp camp. That said I do have fond memories all those years ago.

Spending a year at swamp camp is not wasted, it teaches patience, glasshopper! ;)

Last edited:
my retention is dangerously low for a few reasons.

1. ma removed the majority of markup from the creatures i liked to hunt, turning them into ped pitfalls.
2. ma insists on running events with no level cap categories. merry mayhem being the one exception.
3. ma introduced explosive BPs trashing the markup on many mined resources. primarily for me, mining amp resources.
4. mining returns, at least for me, and i havent got a clue why; are stable.. however locked at around 80% tt returns, for excruciatingly long periods of time and ped cycled. it doesnt seem to be the same for every one.

these are my reasons for no activity over the past month. its far cheaper to play other games for 10 times the fun and 1/50 the cost.

They keep claiming they have made EU cheaper and cheaper to play, however i see none of that, i only see the cost to play going up and up. before this loot revamp for hunting, and the introduction of explosive BPs i could get enough markup to play largely for free for a few years. today its tough to find any markup at all to cover MAs cut.

4. mining returns, at least for me, and i havent got a clue why; are stable.. however locked at around 80% tt returns, for excruciatingly long periods of time and ped cycled. it doesnt seem to be the same for every one.

Wait for the HOF? :whistle:

Wait for the HOF? :whistle:

excellent advice. ive been waiting since febuary 2014. this year i have no current intentions to mine as hard as i had last year. ill continue to do the odd run every few weeks instead of the 2-3k a day unamped, i was doing all last year.

They keep claiming they have made EU cheaper and cheaper to play, however i see none of that, i only see the cost to play going up and up. before this loot revamp for hunting, and the introduction of explosive BPs i could get enough markup to play largely for free for a few years. today its tough to find any markup at all to cover MAs cut.

Well, higher markup in itself don't help out on the average cost of the game, it just make the spread between the ones that benefit from the markup and those how lose on a higher markup. Winners on higher markup are in general miners, losers are hunters and others buying crafted weapons and other crafted items. But I agree that markup is need to make the game more fun, hunting and mining without any markup is not that fun.

I think the key of how to keep more players is to make more sense and meaning of things like hunting. This I believe requires to be able find and get more "none trade-able" rewards, rewards that you can't buy or sell, but most be found by yourself. With that I don't mean weapons or similar things that should be crafted, but things that can "open new doors" or improve your avatar in someway.

Back