Society Globals to appear in society chat

Ace Flyster

Marauder
Dave Ace Flyster
Hi all,

I have globals seperated, same with society chat, trade etc

And it is a royal pain to see people saying gratz, then having to click on globals tab and start scrolling through so i can say gratz too.

So i would like, i know will probably never happen, all society members globals to appear in society chat

Rgds

Ace

EDIT - as MM said, regardless of what planet they are on. Soooo many times i have been confused by gz in society chat, searching to not find the global, all because they were on another planet

EDIT2 - and make it an option as well, would be a good idea, as not everyone will want this

EDIT3 - this is not meant to replace anything, just an added option to have them appear in society chat

Last edited:
Hi all,

And it is a royal pain to see people saying gratz, then having to click on globals tab and start scrolling through so i can say gratz too.

So i would like, i know will probably never happen, all society members globals to appear in society chat

Rgds

Ace

+1 - great idea.
This should include all globals/hofs of society members regardless of planet they are on

I'd take it one step further, and include (the option) to in-line global-/HoF-/ATH- (a.k.a. "notable" loot) messages into other channels too.

To make it clear: I'm talking about both individual and team "notable" loot messages, getting injected into channels an avatar getting a "notable" is member of.

For private channels, I suspect it'd be best if channel-owner was given the option to mute those messages. For soc-channels it'd not be muted (or mutable) at channel-level.

If not muted at channel-level, every member of such a channel would be given the option to opt-out from receiving (and maybe even sending?) those messages.

I think that would cover most scenarios.

Comments?

Hi all,

Rgds

Ace

It won't filter to just the soc globals, but a temporary solution could be to turn the global messages on in the soc tab. At least that way you could see what the gratz for. Right mouse click on the tab heading and turn the channels on that you want to see.

It won't filter to just the soc globals, but a temporary solution could be to turn the global messages on in the soc tab. At least that way you could see what the gratz for. Right mouse click on the tab heading and turn the channels on that you want to see.

yeah but...fuck that. i dont want ALL globs to run through soc chat

Edited first post, bumpy bump

Rgds

Ace

We were talking about this in soc chat a while back and we all agreed that it is something they really need. So +10 or more from us.

I would also like hofs to be a brighter/separate color like they used to be.

Options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options options.

Did I mention, we should have more options?

+ 1 to this idea

Feel sorry for all my soc mates if this comes to fruition...

Good idea if options are included :wtg: so +1

Excellent idea. Or just a "View friends globals in this window" option.

Another option that would be really cool is if it was possible to enable the good old "pop-up" loot window only for globals or hofs. That way it would be a nice rush whenever you get that "ding" sound and the loot window pops up.

As it is today, you either have it on or off, and after a while you get tired of closing it and just turn it off.

Last edited:
I would certainly like such an option. I pay no attention to the hof ticker and have globals disabled in the chats. I don't care if "Hans Hubert Hillybilly" (hope no one goes by that name lol) got a 50 ped global on crafting a basic filter. I would care if it were someone I know, someone on my FL or someone from my Soc. If we had options to highlight globals from people we care about I would love to use them.

Just so we are all talking on the same point here, i am not asking to replace anything. This is purely an added option i am asking.

Rgds

Ace

If you have an account on entropialife all your socmate globals and hofs will show there and I think your friends on entropialife also get added to that list. You can have it running in a browser window and check there instead of scrolling up as a temp fix of the problem.

I would also like this option and the part where loot window pop up on globals/hofs so it's more like the old days (even if you just see a shitload of crapnell tho).

Why is it so important to say gratz?
If you are in a active hunting sic with 100 members you just sit there all day typing GZ?
I have all globals under 500 turned off.

If you are in a active hunting sic with 100 members you just sit there all day typing GZ?
I have all globals under 500 turned off.

I forgot to add, it is important for some of us to say gratz, cause we are not arrogant gits.

It is an option to have, please feel free not to use it, if it is put in.

Rgds

Ace

Last edited:
It's the gambling EU is built on. Apologetics aside, this is a fact.

MA depends on a part of the community urging others to continue gamble. One way to do that is the All Mighty(tm) HoF, not to mention ATH. Another is the stream of "gz" when you hit a 51 PED allophyl after spending a few k, and losing 75% of it.

Without all the losers, and the occasional "gz" to keep them going (and losing even bigger), EU would be left with pawnshop-, mall-, LA-, CLD- and similarly_potential_income_bringing_deeds-holders - i.e. it'd be dead. Literally. Even the criminals (pirates, scammers and other low-life) would move on to more lucrative business.

If you put the psychological issues aside, it's just a "Congratulations m8! Nice shit!", but if you put it into context it's the very life blood of the gambling institution called Entropia Universe.

It's the gambling EU is built on. Apologetics aside, this is a fact.

MA depends on a part of the community urging others to continue gamble. One way to do that is the All Mighty(tm) HoF, not to mention ATH. Another is the stream of "gz" when you hit a 51 PED allophyl after spending a few k, and losing 75% of it.

Without all the losers, and the occasional "gz" to keep them going (and losing even bigger), EU would be left with pawnshop-, mall-, LA-, CLD- and similarly_potential_income_bringing_deeds-holders - i.e. it'd be dead. Literally. Even the criminals (pirates, scammers and other low-life) would move on to more lucrative business.

If you put the psychological issues aside, it's just a "Congratulations m8! Nice shit!", but if you put it into context it's the very life blood of the gambling institution called Entropia Universe.

so much +rep its not even funny

I will sign the 'soc globals in soc chat universewide' petition

Not really on topic, but I prefered when you couldn't hide hofs. Everyone should see the hofs like we did before the chat update :)

My opinion is team and soc globals/HoF's should be in another category!
Both on HoF board and also separate with an option in chat/ticker.
This is also an issue with Entropia tracker ofc.

Back