This game its a hack and sucks

Status
Because in the majority of cases where someone deposits using credit cards (or I suppose Paypal accounts) that are not in the same name as the Entropia account, the transaction is likely to be fraudulent.

In other words, the credit card has been stolen or skimmed or the Paypal account hacked.

The nature of the 'real cash economy' - ie that RL funds can be both deposited AND withdrawn - means that MindArk must be particularly vigilant for any irregular financial transactions.

Support have apparently said they are investigating, and that your account is temp-locked until the investigation is complete. This is not the same as a permanent ban, and does not mean your account balance has been lost. Investigation can take some time - I would expect they would be contacting PayPal to ensure that no chargeback would later be made for those funds.

PayPal in particular have a reputation for buyers requesting chargebacks, or reversals, long after the transaction has occurred. I believe that this is in part why it took a very long time indeed for PayPal to be approved as a deposit source at all.

I think you've worked out yourself what should have been done to prevent this:

ok thx for info ..but why they couldn't replay like you did ..... they only gave low info ......

ok thx for info ..but why they couldn't replay like you did ..... they only gave low info ......

any reply here is pure speculation.
they may be correct replies but unless we know the full situation then speculation is all it is .
only MA and you know the full details.
It is probable MA are very cautious when dealing with this sort of situation, hence they could even be short in what they tell you.

How is MA supposed to know if the account is your husbands? It could be your son, father or brother who's living with you, it could even be a flat mate who happens to have the same surname.

Even if it is your husbands account how are MA supposed to know how you deal with your finances and whether your husband allows this? You could even be in final stages of divorce and using this as a way to drain his account

Simple fact is that MA know nothing about your circumstances, and if you use somebody elses account they're going to lock you until they know for certain everything is ok.

ok that's ridiculous .... but ok .....I see you don't see the real problem in here ..... if was you involved instead of me ..I am sure you wont act calm like you are now ...... and you would find this really pathetic ......like I do now ......

Yeah, shit happens. :(
Nothing unique to that game btw, many other companies follow the same policy.
If u did nothing wrong there's nothing to be worried about. Stay calm, have patience. Yes it's a frustrating experience to go through but we all learn those lessons sooner or later...

its not somebody else ..its my husband ..we have same family name .... its not a crime ......

Entropia accounts personal, and so are probably also paypal accounts. So if two paypal accounts, owned by different people, are used to deposit to the same entropia account something is fishy - either one of the paypal accounts or the entropia account is then used by someone that isn't the "owner".

If your husband also have an avatar, and have been depositing into it with paypal (using same account), it can also look fishy.

I guess that the moment of deposit isn't the right moment for gifts from one person to Another.

As for the waiting time, a VU seems to be on the way now the coming week, and usually support tickets tend to be responded to after VUs.

Yeah, shit happens. :(
Nothing unique to that game btw, many other companies follow the same policy.
If u did nothing wrong there's nothing to be worried about. Stay calm, have patience. Yes it's a frustrating experience to go through but we all learn those lessons sooner or later...
I did nothing wrong .. the only thing I am worried its about the 1k usd I lost .. some ppl told me if you are locked with any reason true or not true small chance to be unlocked .....

Entropia accounts personal, and so are probably also paypal accounts. So if two paypal accounts, owned by different people, are used to deposit to the same entropia account something is fishy - either one of the paypal accounts or the entropia account is then used by someone that isn't the "owner".

If your husband also have an avatar, and have been depositing into it with paypal (using same account), it can also look fishy.

I guess that the moment of deposit isn't the right moment for gifts from one person to Another.

As for the waiting time, a VU seems to be on the way now the coming week, and usually support tickets tend to be responded to after VUs.

ok thx for info I hope next week to play this game if not ..I will try to go in court .....cause this is stealing .. what they did

I did nothing wrong .. the only thing I am worried its about the 1k usd I lost .. some ppl told me if you are locked with any reason true or not true small chance to be unlocked .....
Well, the good news is those ppl are wrong.

How is MA supposed to know if the account is your husbands? It could be your son, father or brother who's living with you, it could even be a flat mate who happens to have the same surname.

Even if it is your husbands account how are MA supposed to know how you deal with your finances and whether your husband allows this? You could even be in final stages of divorce and using this as a way to drain his account

Simple fact is that MA know nothing about your circumstances, and if you use somebody elses account they're going to lock you until they know for certain everything is ok.

I understand what you mean, but like the OP said, you say it calmly because it did not happen to you.
So somebody deposits 1000 dollars into a game, and then gets locked due to doing it in a 'fishy' way, and just gets info that this will take MONTHS!!! to resolve?

Basically what I see here is: "Come back in half a year and this issue MIGHT be resolved, and if it is just please continue depositing like you did before". Tell me if this happened to anyone if they would continue playing EU after half a year of waiting? I sure wouldnt.

As a company I would deal with this issue ASAP since we are talking about a customer that deposits regularly and not a small amount. Do we want to lose a player like that?

I agree with the lock, but also would expect good amount of info and FAST resolution.

No, that's not correct.

Over the past many years I've played, I've heard of many accounts being temporarily locked while MindArk investigate some issue.
In many cases, the issue can be resolved and then the account unlocked.

So, if they find that there is no issue with the Paypal deposit from your husband's account, I would expect them to unlock your account - probably with a warning not to deposit from any account other than your own.

I understand what you mean, but like the OP said, you say it calmly because it did not happen to you.
So somebody deposits 1000 dollars into a game, and then gets locked due to doing it in a 'fishy' way, and just gets info that this will take MONTHS!!! to resolve?

Basically what I see here is: "Come back in half a year and this issue MIGHT be resolved, and if it is just please continue depositing like you did before". Tell me if this happened to anyone if they would continue playing EU after half a year of waiting? I sure wouldnt.

As a company I would deal with this issue ASAP since we are talking about a customer that deposits regularly and not a small amount. Do we want to lose a player like that?

I agree with the lock, but also would expect good amount of info and FAST resolution.

same thing I told them in a support. ... I do deposit like 200 usd per week ..... I gradualted in 3 days ... I spend like 10k peds in 5 weeks I played ........ I said I want it to deposit more ...why they don't let me enjoy the game I didn't cheat or steal or scam ...in game .....I am a self player ..... even I asked from a soc m8 a loan I put collateral ....... they all can approve I am honest player ......... they have a strange policy and rules .....

Has any of you ever felt ashamed for all the things u have said in the heat of the moment?
It's not like i'm implying or anything, just curious u know

as long as everything checks out you will be fine , you wont lose your money and will be back in game once MA have done their investigation.

ok thx for info I hope next week to play this game if not ..I will try to go in court .....cause this is stealing .. what they did

I am on your side but talking about court is very childish...

What will you file against? They did not steal anything.... Have you read the EULA? Everything belongs to MA and they locked you to protect your account (not permanently). So they would burn you without even having to try too much.

What would your case be? You would not have a case, and would have to pay for court (probably more).

Has any of you ever felt ashamed for all the things u have said in the heat of the moment?
It's not like i'm implying or anything, just curious u know

I am locked, I want INFO, I want to cooperate, and want it done fast.
Whats wrong with what I said? Please explain...

Btw, not ashamed of anything, i've said in that post.

I am on your side but talking about court is very childish...

What will you file against? They did not steal anything.... Have you read the EULA? Everything belongs to MA and they locked you to protect your account (not permanently). So they would burn you without even having to try too much.

What would your case be? You would not have a case, and would have to pay for court (probably more).

words on angry :)) I know I cant do nothing ..if they decide to stop this project tomorrow you all know we lost everything we put in here .......and we for sure take the TT of items and lost a lot more money....... that's why the best thing now its to use L items ..you lost only the mu ..... and its a lot better then lose the mu of MM or any other item

ok that's ridiculous .... but ok .....I see you don't see the real problem in here ..... if was you involved instead of me ..I am sure you wont act calm like you are now ...... and you would find this really pathetic ......like I do now ......

You are a bit naive..... So MA should take you word for that the account is yours husband?
Financial transaction have been coming other increase control last couple of years with laws against money laundry. It's not like MA thinks it fun to do things like this, but they have to or they can break the laws and regulations in place for doing business. They required too check up who they are doing the money transactions with. If money suddenly comes to your account from a bank-account/bank-card that is not yours, they have not clue who is doing the money transfer. They need to check this up.

So stay cool and wait, MA is not stealing any money. :rolleyes:

When I made my account it was on my brother's name so I could deposit with his CC (I didn't have CC, and it was with his permission). After few years I got myself CC so started to deposit with my own. They still didn't lock my account. But I was afraid they might do it one day, so I requested them to change my account info (I used only brothers first name, all other info like date of birth and so on was mine). Of course they wanted me to send them copy of my ID through mail, so I gave up. Made a new support case and attached HQ photo .jpg of my ID and it worked, they changed my account info and I am able to deposit with my real CC. Got me Gold card as well.
Good guy Ulf.

During that time I've never made bigger deposit than 50$ / month and my total depo didn't even reach 500$ so maybe that's why they didn't lock me. You probably deposited too much with someone's else paypal it triggered alarm in MA office. Anyway good luck with your case, these things take lot of time to check.

You are a bit naive..... So MA should take you word for that the account is yours husband?
Financial transaction have been coming other increase control last couple of years with laws against money laundry. It's not like MA thinks it fun to do things like this, but they have to or they can break the laws and regulations in place for doing business. They required too check up who they are doing the money transactions with. If money suddenly comes to your account from a bank-account/bank-card that is not yours, they have not clue who is doing the money transfer. They need to check this up.

So stay cool and wait, MA is not stealing any money. :rolleyes:

I am not sure if you read my post .......but ok thx for reply ......

I am not sure if you read my post .......but ok thx for reply ......

Yes, you are screaming that MA are "thieves". But they have probably only locked your account temporary until they have followed up on the transactions. No need to use terms like "thieves" because of that and saying that you should not play EU just because of your incident.

Perhaps best for all should be if they kept that account locked?

I mean, if she dont want to play this game?

MA is just doing their job, try and see that instead of shouting hack,scam etc.

You are assuming it is MA that is holding things up when it is most likely Paypal and whatever banks are tied to the two accounts. MA can't do anything until the other one's do. If you ever had a dispute buying something on ebay, for example, with paypal sometimes paypal takes weeks to come to a resolution. Paypal gets thousands of disputes a week. Only so many hours in a day to resolve them.

EDIT: Also the lack of info maybe intentional. For all MA knows the OP is a scammer so giving out to much info maybe not be wise before they are 100% everything is on the up and up.

Yes, you are screaming that MA are "thieves". But they have probably only locked your account temporary until they have followed up on the transactions. No need to use terms like "thieves" because of that and saying that you should not play EU just because of your incident.

don't post if you don't know the problem ...you work for mindark ? they give you free items ..that's why you take it so personal ?

99% of us don't have this problem. It sucks that it happened, and it'll probably get sorted. But calling them thieves, or telling us not to play, etc is just silly. When they see money deposited from different people's financial accounts they automatically lock the account until its all resolved. They do that for a reason. Anyways, hope it fixes itself.

don't post if you don't know the problem ...you work for mindark ? They give you free items ..that's why you take it so personal ?

if you where in my situation ....what would you do ? ....honest better go hunt something .....and relaxe ...... When you still can .......

thank you all

well I see here only a few ppl have the brain to understand this ..problem...... I am sure if 90% of you where in my situation ....you would done a lot worse and more then I do now .... .....thanks to all for the posts and advices good or bad ...and I am really sorry if I offend any1 ...but I wanted to post and get more info about this problem ..since mindark didn't bothered to add more ........

well I see here only a few ppl have the brain to understand this ..problem...... I am sure if 90% of you where in my situation ....you would done a lot worse and more then I do now .... .....thanks to all for the posts and advices good or bad ...and I am really sorry if I offend any1 ...but I wanted to post and get more info about this problem ..since mindark didn't bothered to add more ........

So if someone does not agree with you they don't have a brain...? :scratch2:

It is really coincedence that my RL friend asked me few days ago if i could make purchase from WebShop for him using my PayPal account.

At that moment i said it should not be a problem but i will find out...

At Support FAQ -> Deposit FAQ here is first question with answer:
"Can I deposit into several accounts from the same credit card?"
"It is not possible to use the same credit card to deposit into several accounts. Once registered the card can only be used to deposit into the account to which it was first registered. This is a security measure required to prevent credit card fraud."

And now this thread appears too...

I know that it is a bit diferent situation than my firend asked about (since it is: one PayPal -> two accounts while in OPs its: two PayPal -> one account) but i find this topic somehow connected. I already asked support about my case if it is alowed or not.

This just shows that it is better to read terms of use first and if having doubts - ask first before acting.

---

@Lady Sarah: here is something that might actually really help you!

from Support FAQ -> Deposit FAQ at Entropia site:
"How many credit cards can I register in my account?"
"You can have up to 3 active cards registered in your account.
Should you experience any difficulties with the registration of your card, please contact Entropia Universe Support."

This is obviously info about you can have only 3 active different credit cards but i guess you "could" asume this also means you can deposit from 3 different PayPal accounts too...

Hope it will be sorted out for you - good luck.

Falagor
:bandit:

Status
Back