Question: Some mining questions

Wollongong

Elite
Society
Odysseus Unbound
Jerry "Wollo" Wollongong
I am more a hunter than a miner, but I figured I'd give it a shot again. But some questions:

1) Apart from hearsay and maps where people log their finds, how does one know which area contains what? Is this fixed, or "dynamic"?
2) Looking at finders, I have the tt one and some old F211s. Was wondering: if you use a bigger finder, does this have any effect on the low end resources? In other words, will my oil and lyst finds be bigger with the 211? Or is it overkill? (Like using a P4a on a puny)?

1. Relatively fixed, see the map (use the tool too, if you don't yet).
2. Finders normally[SUP]*[/SUP] don't affect size of findings, only depth (chance to find less common stuff) and range. Only amps affect size. With F-211 you're more likely to find something more interesting than oil/lyst, providing you have skills for it. But when you find a lyst deposit, it won't be greater than you'd find with a tt finder.

*) there are some new finders, they use more probes per use, hence their findings are greater; but it's like having a built-in amp.

1. Relatively fixed, see the map (use the tool too, if you don't yet).
2. Finders normally[SUP]*[/SUP] don't affect size of findings, only depth (chance to find less common stuff) and range. Only amps affect size. With F-211 you're more likely to find something more interesting than oil/lyst, providing you have skills for it. But when you find a lyst deposit, it won't be greater than you'd find with a tt finder.

*) there are some new finders, they use more probes per use, hence their findings are greater; but it's like having a built-in amp.

Nifty. Does it work with a zoom?

If this post gets lengthy I apologize, but there's a lot to cover with your questions..

The finder itself has nothing to do with claim sizes or resource finds at the same depth, it's purely a difference of decay. You will find that at different depth finders you will find different percentages of resources.. For instance a 300m Finder might find 60% gazzurdite, 25% duru, and 15% belkar, but a 800m Finder might find 40%, 50%, 10% instead..

That being said, some finders have increased proves per use.. Default is 20, dsec l40 has a probe per use of 40, basically double, which will increase claim sizes..

With regards to resources at different places, mininglog.com would be a good place to start, under their maps section. This is by no means comprehensive, as resource spawns are in accordance with revival spawns, so it's really up to you to go out and discover good/bad locations and make your own maps if you're serious about it. This will take a long time.. I learn new things every month after 3 years of mining.

Given the current mining climate and the economy my advice would be to go out unamped with a low decay UL Finder with mid-depth.. Something like an f-103 to f-105.. You'll need at least 111% in average markup to break even long term, which can be tough to do now.

Be sure to space your drops out.. Either count it out (22 second walking, 6 seconds flying in vtol).. Or use software such as LBML.. Double dropping at claims used to work in the past but not anymore, so don't waste drops.

That's about it for basics.. Just get an Eco extractor like the re-101 and an Eco Finder and get bombing. :smoke:

You can return to basically the same areas and find the same stuff there. But be aware of spawn changes that happens once in a while. The most infamous one was the major change on Arkadia because of the vast amount of types of finds in a small area. I had many areas covering 100 x 100 meters with up to 25 differant finds.

Like in one area: Zulax, Yulerium, Lysterium, Narcanisum, Copper, Kaz, Ospra, Quantium, Megan, Narcanisum, Telfium, Force Nexus, Magerian, Growth Molecules, Dianthus, Edres Resin, Quil Rubber, somin, garcen, florican, hydrogen, Typonolic Gas, root, light liquid ...

It was impossible to get enough amount of anything without grinding the area for ages.
I did a humongous work gathering spawn data.

Suddenly one day everything changed and all spawns was shuffled. All work down the drain.
Same with Rocktropia where I come back after a while and find a bunch of servers shut down. All hard work exploring down the drain.

So my advice is not to spend to much time gathering areas because they risk to change without warning.
Find a few areas and grind them. But dont trust them to be around for ever.

If this post gets lengthy I apologize, but there's a lot to cover with your questions..

The finder itself has nothing to do with claim sizes or resource finds at the same depth, it's purely a difference of decay. You will find that at different depth finders you will find different percentages of resources.. For instance a 300m Finder might find 60% gazzurdite, 25% duru, and 15% belkar, but a 800m Finder might find 40%, 50%, 10% instead..

That being said, some finders have increased proves per use.. Default is 20, dsec l40 has a probe per use of 40, basically double, which will increase claim sizes..

With regards to resources at different places, mininglog.com would be a good place to start, under their maps section. This is by no means comprehensive, as resource spawns are in accordance with revival spawns, so it's really up to you to go out and discover good/bad locations and make your own maps if you're serious about it. This will take a long time.. I learn new things every month after 3 years of mining.

Given the current mining climate and the economy my advice would be to go out unamped with a low decay UL Finder with mid-depth.. Something like an f-103 to f-105.. You'll need at least 111% in average markup to break even long term, which can be tough to do now.

Be sure to space your drops out.. Either count it out (22 second walking, 6 seconds flying in vtol).. Or use software such as LBML.. Double dropping at claims used to work in the past but not anymore, so don't waste drops.

That's about it for basics.. Just get an Eco extractor like the re-101 and an Eco Finder and get bombing. :smoke:

This!!!! I have been mining for 10 years, and this sums it up pretty nicely.

On calypso, ores dont change location, if you found it once, you will be able to find it again in the same location.

Rgds

Ace

Double dropping at claims used to work in the past but not anymore, so don't waste drops.

Well still worked for me on my last run, but maybe I was just lucky, not regular miner :D

Good post!

Double dropping at claims used to work in the past but not anymore, so don't waste drops.

I still find alot nice finds on the double drop, most of my globals came from double drops. I think its still there?

Well still worked for me on my last run, but maybe I was just lucky, not regular miner :D

Good post!

It worked for me too at one point.. found 4 claims of niks bombing from the exact same place. They just kept moving 5-10m further away each time lol.. I did hit my 3.5k minutes after this though.

For a real miner the double bombing is in the blood :D

Even if you dont think to do it your subcontinent make you do it...
From my last 10 years of drooping bombs double bombing still give good results...

GL out there...

Please double bomb, this will increase the loot pool for the rest of us.

Edit: since this is in the noobs forum, I guess I should add that I do not recommend double bombing. You may find claims, but your TT return will be lower than if you're mining "fresh" ground.

Please double bomb, this will increase the loot pool for the rest of us.

So, if you able to "fill" "loot pool" with more double drops - can you "get" from "loot pool" more by less single drops and stay above 100% longterm?

Edit: since this is in the noobs forum, I guess I should add that I do not recommend double bombing. You may find claims, but your TT return will be lower than if you're mining "fresh" ground.

Just saw your edit.

From my side, I guess I should add that I do not recommend mining at all, and better concentrate on videos from asian TV, where smiling face telling us about "gods" and "players confidence".

Back