*** WoF SEMI-FINAL (STAGE 5) Moblist and Info! ***

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
*** WoF SEMI-FINAL (STAGE 5) Moblist, Schedule & Info! ***
Here we are at the SEMI-FINALS for WoF 2014/2015, the seventh occasion that six teams have fought it out to see who goes through to the WoF 3-WAY FINAL.

The SEMI-FINALISTS ARE:

Team USA
Team AUSTRALIA

Team SWEDEN
Team DACH

Team GREAT BRITAIN
Team FRANCE

The SEMI-FINALS will feature the following matches:

USA vs DACH

SATURDAY 21st MARCH 19:00

RESULT: DACH 1371 / USA 696

SWEDEN vs FRANCE

SUNDAY 22nd MARCH 13:00

RESULT: SWEDEN 1422 / FRANCE 1089

GREAT BRITAIN vs AUSTRALIA

SUNDAY 22nd MARCH 10:00

RESULT: GREAT BRITAIN 647 / AUSTRALIA 495

Winners of each match will progress to the 3-WAY FINAL.

SEMI-FINAL DATE: SATURDAY MARCH 21st.

USUAL SATURDAY TIMESLOTS APPLY (14:00, 19:00, 00:00) if you need a different one please contact me ASAP. (00:00 starts Midnight Saturday and ends 03:00 am Sunday Morning).

START / FINISH POINT:
60666 , 82422 , 249
(Up by the Styxian Passage waterfall /CDF OP Epsilon)

MOBLIST:

MAIN:

Osseoculum: PROVIDER + ABOVE = 10 points
Grand Formidon: ANY = 9 points
WILD CARD: ANY = 8 points
Formidon: ANY NOT GRAND = 7 points
Osseoculum: YOUNG-OLD = 6 points
Aetherex: ANY = 5 points

SUPPORT:

Harbinger: ANY = 4 points
Equus: ANY = 3 points
Morsusilex: ANY = 2 points
Merp: ANY = 1 point

BONUS MOB:

Gokibusagi: ANY = 25 points (once per team per match)

Play Notes:

SHORT STRAW BONUS applies once more.
Highest PED-Value Global during each match on both AETHEREX and MERP each gain that team a 10 point bonus at the end.

MAIN TEAM can now be up to FIVE members.

SUPPORT still unlimited in size but CAPPED AT 150 POINTS now.

Extra spawns of AETHEREX, HARBINGERS, EQUUS, MORSUSILEX and GOKIBUSAGI are expected to arrive on the 14th March and stay until Sunday 22nd. Co-ords will be posted as soon as these are in-game to allow teams to plan their match better. Existing spawns must be relied on for the rest of the score requirements.

The Mobs & locations are:

Grand Formidon - Old-Guardian at 34120, 33690 (LA17)
Grand Formidon - Provider-Alpha at 34397, 33882 (LA17)

Aetherex - Old Alpha-Stalker at 20946, 39262 (LA5)
Aetherex - Guardian-Alpha at 20765, 38901 (LA5)

Harbinger - Epsilon-Theta at 21213, 39592 (LA5)
Harbinger - Epsilon-Theta at 22200, 39444 (LA5)
Harbinger - Epsilon-Theta at 23906, 40063 (LA5)

Equus - Guardian-Alpha at 39109, 41701 (OLA66)
Equus - Dominant-Stalker at 38888, 41734 (OLA66)

Morsusilex - Dominant-Stalker at 31881, 55707 (OLA58)
Morsusilex - Dominant-Stalker at 31411, 55526 (OLA58)

Gokibusagi - Dominant-Stalker at 31864, 56804 (OLA58)

WILDCARD CLARIFICATION:

For the SEMI-FINAL, Wildcards can NOT be the following:

Found in Lootable PvP Only (now includes Mulaaks, Mulmen, Muluk Hir)
Instance-Only mobs
Off Calypso only
Small birds (Turp, Gibnib, Fugabarba, Chirpy)
Any mob not freely available to find and hunt using no toxic shots or special permission.

Puny Mobs are fine as the Wildcard then includes any larger maturities also.

If you are in doubt, ask your Judge. Judges decisions are final.

Please contact your opponents and agree a time, and PM me ASAP.

Thanks, and congratulations for getting this far:)

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Grand formidon LA is bugged they spawn outside of the marked area on map which is in hard to reach and or inaccessible spots as there are mountains around the LA. support case about that is now over a year old and spawn is stil not fixed. At least it wasn't Las time I checked in February. It would be nice if that could be fixed till the match. Either by set up a proper spawn area in the original LA or put an additional spawn in place. If that's not possible we have to live with the spawn as it is I guess we will try to make the best out of it.

do the hitboxes still blow on the formidons?

This sucks

1) As mentioned the formidons are bugged. Can we hope that MA fixes them before we have this match? I sure hope so!!!!

2) These support mobs are totally un-acceptable. :mad:It's been damn hard to get ANYONE to help with support due to the past years of these kinds of mobs. NO ONE wants to go waste a ton of peds on mobs that rarely global. So many people won't help again with these kinds of mob. The bigger harbingers all have the Iota around them. Up to this point the support mobs have been fairly decent so I don't understand the decision for this. Sorry but it's BS! PLEASE do SOMETHING to change this! There's NO need for any noob mobs for support!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grand formidon LA is bugged they spawn outside of the marked area on map which is in hard to reach and or inaccessible spots as there are mountains around the LA. support case about that is now over a year old and spawn is stil not fixed. At least it wasn't Las time I checked in February. It would be nice if that could be fixed till the match. Either by set up a proper spawn area in the original LA or put an additional spawn in place. If that's not possible we have to live with the spawn as it is I guess we will try to make the best out of it.

I was hunting Grand Formidons just 2 months ago, no issues getting to them.

1) As mentioned the formidons are bugged. Can we hope that MA fixes them before we have this match? I sure hope so!!!!

2) These support mobs are totally un-acceptable. :mad:It's been damn hard to get ANYONE to help with support due to the past years of these kinds of mobs. NO ONE wants to go waste a ton of peds on mobs that rarely global. So many people won't help again with these kinds of mob. The bigger harbingers all have the Iota around them. Up to this point the support mobs have been fairly decent so I don't understand the decision for this. Sorry but it's BS! PLEASE do SOMETHING to change this! There's NO need for any noob mobs for support!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First you said you dont want to shoot noobmobs and then its bad that the iota is around, simple suggestion is to shoot the iota?? Thats no noobmob, I guess should be cool enough for you?? :)

First you said you dont want to shoot noobmobs and then its bad that the iota is around, simple suggestion is to shoot the iota?? Thats no noobmob, I guess should be cool enough for you?? :)

I'm not a support person. :wise: Iota are darn hard mob no matter who ya are. This is a very long and on-going issue for support mobs with Hurrikane / WOF. People do support for several reasons: honor of country, meet new people, team on mobs they've never had a chance to hunt before and for FUN! Main team members are in it to win it.

Hopefully there will be several decent spawns of harbingers for the support teams to slam on and no Iota around. The only positive thing I can think of for this mob is it does have a great mission with a large selection of skills to choose from.

I've been doing WOF for many years and USA support people at least and I do know for other teams, are tired of losing a ton of peds when such mobs are picked. There's no reason they can't have good mobs like feffox, proto, scipulors or other mobs that some can solo and others can do in 2-3 person team. Those are the best kind of support mobs and bring people in to have fun in the event. That's when they have the most FUN! The mobs for support this year have been much better, chomps last time.

I was shocked at this choice of mobs and I'll certainly be vocal about it once again as others have in the past. Support need to have mobs that don't just suck their peds away because then it's no fun at all and they don't want to do it. Many feel it's just MA's / Planet Partner whomever runs Calyspo now.. of making a lot of money and giving nothing really back in return. Just talk to many of the ubers in here that refuse to participate anymore. The least that could be done is have decent mobs that have a chance to HOF or global a lot or have at least at times a good average loot. Is that so difficult to understand??????

It's very hard to get support people to help, even offering a FREE event with FREE prizes doesn't entice that many. Thankfully, USA does have a lot of people that will jump in here and help at the end because of their love of country, as that's how this all started in the first place. :yay:

This is not a new complaint for many people that have done WOF for years. Why do you think so many people don't participate at all anymore? I didn't for the last couple of years myself since I usually did support among other reasons, like 2nd and 3rd place teams not getting an award at all. Many don't even care to do main teams because it's just a loss and it was at first announced there wouldn't even be a jacket but a trophy and a weapon that's un-tradable and un-usable by some.

I'm not a support person. :wise: Iota are darn hard mob no matter who ya are. This is a very long and on-going issue for support mobs with Hurrikane / WOF. People do support for several reasons: honor of country, meet new people, team on mobs they've never had a chance to hunt before and for FUN! Main team members are in it to win it.

Hopefully there will be several decent spawns of harbingers for the support teams to slam on and no Iota around. The only positive thing I can think of for this mob is it does have a great mission with a large selection of skills to choose from.

I've been doing WOF for many years and USA support people at least and I do know for other teams, are tired of losing a ton of peds when such mobs are picked. There's no reason they can't have good mobs like feffox, proto, scipulors or other mobs that some can solo and others can do in 2-3 person team. Those are the best kind of support mobs and bring people in to have fun in the event. That's when they have the most FUN! The mobs for support this year have been much better, chomps last time.

I was shocked at this choice of mobs and I'll certainly be vocal about it once again as others have in the past. Support need to have mobs that don't just suck their peds away because then it's no fun at all and they don't want to do it. Many feel it's just MA's / Planet Partner whomever runs Calyspo now.. of making a lot of money and giving nothing really back in return. Just talk to many of the ubers in here that refuse to participate anymore. The least that could be done is have decent mobs that have a chance to HOF or global a lot or have at least at times a good average loot. Is that so difficult to understand??????

It's very hard to get support people to help, even offering a FREE event with FREE prizes doesn't entice that many. Thankfully, USA does have a lot of people that will jump in here and help at the end because of their love of country, as that's how this all started in the first place. :yay:

This is not a new complaint for many people that have done WOF for years. Why do you think so many people don't participate at all anymore? I didn't for the last couple of years myself since I usually did support among other reasons, like 2nd and 3rd place teams not getting an award at all. Many don't even care to do main teams because it's just a loss and it was at first announced there wouldn't even be a jacket but a trophy and a weapon that's un-tradable and un-usable by some.

The Mobs are always varied in toughness and availability. There need to be mobs in Support that lower-level players can hunt. Group Stages, where teams have to hunt three times, have had chunkier mobs for that reason. The Semi-Final is one match per team, with two weeks to prepare. It's up to each team to work out how best to get the points they need to win (bonuses are not obligatory and even so only require one global on each mob to secure). Rest assured, the Final will see bigger mobs in Support but this match has these ones. The extra spawns for all mobs will be in the mid to high maturity ranges for the most part. There are no Snables this year unless they come up as a WildCard.

ALSO: am looking into the Formidon/Grand Formidon issue, will get extra spawns if needed.

Hurrikane

The thing with gran formi spawn on LA 17 is that most times after a server restart they are all inside the area thats marked on the map, however when you start killing those they tend to respawn outside of the designated spawn area rendering the LA itself quite deserted of mobs, that aint a problem for the everyday hunt but in an event where time matters you cant just walk/fly to the next mob that is hundred meters away or ontop of a hard to reach hill.

The Mobs are always varied in toughness and availability. There need to be mobs in Support that lower-level players can hunt. Group Stages, where teams have to hunt three times, have had chunkier mobs for that reason. The Semi-Final is one match per team, with two weeks to prepare. It's up to each team to work out how best to get the points they need to win (bonuses are not obligatory and even so only require one global on each mob to secure). Rest assured, the Final will see bigger mobs in Support but this match has these ones. The extra spawns for all mobs will be in the mid to high maturity ranges for the most part. There are no Snables this year unless they come up as a WildCard.

ALSO: am looking into the Formidon/Grand Formidon issue, will get extra spawns if needed.

Hurrikane

I've always understood the need for at least one low level mob but essentially there's 3 in the list. :( Hopefully special spawns will be made to give participants a chance to have some fun. Yes, agreed no snables.. lol

Thanks for looking into the formidon as what Tina is showing is correct and as is isn't an acceptable spawn or area for so many teams to hunt. Thanks for asking for extra spawns as in this case it's greatly needed. Maybe they'll fix the hit box too?

I don't see any need to add extra Grand Formidon spawns, and certainly not regular Formidon spawns. They might be awkward but it's a level playing field and adding yet more special spawns just removes the tactical element and turns it into a grind.

It would be nice if they fixed the bugs though.

So I wonder if the hit box issue on Formidons is connected to another mobs hit box like Rextelum are to Ambulimax's. Not sure if anyone else has ever noticed when they fix Rex hitbox it messes up Ambu hitbox then they fix the Ambu hit box it messes up the Rex hitbox.

The thing with gran formi spawn on LA 17 is that most times after a server restart they are all inside the area thats marked on the map, however when you start killing those they tend to respawn outside of the designated spawn area rendering the LA itself quite deserted of mobs, that aint a problem for the everyday hunt but in an event where time matters you cant just walk/fly to the next mob that is hundred meters away or ontop of a hard to reach hill.

I was aware of this sort of thing happening before, kinda assumed it would be sorted now.
Keep me updated and we'll see if a spawn would be required. Like Oleg said, a level playing field exists either way (and we're not here to shoot fish in a barrel) but if there is a continuing problem, let me know and we'll get some ordered.
Hurrikane

I'm sure this is correct, but just to be extra sure, can you please confirm that as far as the variety bonus is concerned, Formidon and Grand Formidon are the "same mob", i.e. treated in the same way that split maturities on mobs usually are?

Or to put it another way, if you've already got a Formidon you don't get additional variety bonus for subsequently getting a Grand Formidon, or vice versa.

I'm sure this is correct, but just to be extra sure, can you please confirm that as far as the variety bonus is concerned, Formidon and Grand Formidon are the "same mob", i.e. treated in the same way that split maturities on mobs usually are?

Or to put it another way, if you've already got a Formidon you don't get additional variety bonus for subsequently getting a Grand Formidon, or vice versa.

Looks pretty straight forward to me. Grand formidon is the 9 point mob and normal formidon is a separate mob.

bigger mobs pls :(

Merp spawn?

On the planet Calypso there are a few places where Merps spawn, but they were too small. I must always wait very long until they respawn, and it seems that they also do not much global.

so I miss a bigger spawn of Merp for WoF, for lower Support members like me! So I also can finally finish the Merp Stage II. Because life ist too short for hunting merp very Long...

Last edited:
On the planet Calypso there are a few places where Merps spawn, but they were too small. I must always wait very long until they respawn, and it seems that they also do not much global.

so I miss a bigger spawn of Merp for WoF, for lower Support members like me! So I also can finally finish the Merp Stage II. Because life ist too short for hunting merp very Long...

Funny you should mention that.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-quot-Island&p=3354659&viewfull=1#post3354659

Looks pretty straight forward to me. Grand formidon is the 9 point mob and normal formidon is a separate mob.

The Variety Bonus works on the basis of 4 separate mob types/species (regardless of maturity).

In this list the types/species are;

1. Osseoculum
2. Grand/Regular Formidon
3. Whatever the Wild Card is.
4. Aetherex.

1 type = 0 points
2 types = 10 points
3 types = 25 points
4 types = 50 points

I could have made the Formidons separate from the Grand and added an extra tier to the Variety Bonus but this wasn't a change I wished to make (trying to keep scoring changes to a minimum).

For the Sweep Bonus of course both regular Formidon and Grand Formidon must be scored on.

Hurrikane

USUAL SATURDAY TIMESLOTS APPLY (14:00, 19:00, 00:00) if you need a different one please contact me ASAP. (00:00 starts Midnight Saturday and ends 03:00 am Sunday Morning).

Team Sweden really would like the option of the timeslot 17:00 Sunday.

Would it be possible?

Team Sweden really would like the option of the timeslot 17:00 Sunday.

Would it be possible?

I will definitely not be available to Judge that timeslot, but I will post in the Judges' thread now to see if any other Judges will be available.

Hurrikane

Oh, there is a Merp Island! I didnt know that, thank you very much! It's a Long time I were on Ouroboros Island, now I have a reason to travel there.

Now I found out that I didn't discover Ouroboros Island, only the other Islands round the Medusa Teleporter, and it was a Long time ago... now I'm complete. It's no wonder that I didn't know about the Merp there.

I will definitely not be available to Judge that timeslot, but I will post in the Judges' thread now to see if any other Judges will be available.

Hurrikane

Thanks. At this stage, it is just to check if the time is availible, as it seems hard to find a time that fits. This far we are still trying to find a time that will fit us both (Sweden, France).

I could probably judge at 1700 Sunday.

Hello,

Here is Team France captain.

Team France can hunt Saturday 21th 14:00 MA time if ok with Team Sweden.

PM (in game) done to aia and Amara about it today 10:13 MA time.

No availability asked to Team France hunters about Sunday or other days (next weeks , etc.. ) because Hurrikane asked about choose btw 3 timeslot 14:00 19:00 and 00:00.

So waiting Team Sweden agreement for the SAT 21TH 14:00 slot.

Best regards

Sweetyxx

Last edited:
So waiting Team Sweden agreement for the SAT 21TH 14:00 slot.

Unfortunately 14:00 saturday is a bad time a few I have asked. Unfortunately our mainteam hasn't been meeting yet to discuss options.

We will try to find a good time as soon as possible, I Think it's in both our interests to have a time fixed for the match, for the team planning, so I don't want to delay this decision more than needed.

Unfortunately 14:00 saturday is a bad time a few I have asked. Unfortunately our mainteam hasn't been meeting yet to discuss options.

We will try to find a good time as soon as possible, I Think it's in both our interests to have a time fixed for the match, for the team planning, so I don't want to delay this decision more than needed.

Yes I can understand , and unfortunately , after the meeting we did yesterday with all team France, 19:00 is not a good slot for us too. I think we have both (Sweden and France) the same local time and playing in the middle of the night 00:00 to 03:00 MA time is not the good solution.

so please if you could have a look with all Sweden mainteam and support if you could be challenged sat.21th @ 14:00 ma time.

Thanks
oO(plz excuse my very bad English .. google translation doing his best for helping me ;) )

Last edited:
Back