Question: How do you start off with no money deposited?

298812kl2

Hi, I'm just starting the game, and the way that the game works with real world money is very intriguing. But, right now, I do not have any money to spare. I heard that you need to spend money in the beginning in order to progress. Is this true? If not, how should I start off?

Hi, I'm just starting the game, and the way that the game works with real world money is very intriguing. But, right now, I do not have any money to spare. I heard that you need to spend money in the beginning in order to progress. Is this true? If not, how should I start off?

The starter missions will keep you going for a while. Then there are other time consuming activities like visiting all the teleporters which is an important goal.

There will come a point however when you'll have no in game coin and you'll need to either deposit or earn. There are in game activities like sweating mobs or finding fruit that will allow you to earn a little coin but to be honest it is a tiny amount.

All that said, after you've done all the above and you like the game you can proceed nicely on a small regular deposit. If you buy a video game a month then you're spending more than you need to have a good time in Entropia. If you're eating fast food a few times a month you're spending enough to have a good time in Entropia. If you're buying lunch at school/work instead of packing it you're spending enough to have a good time in Entropia.

If you buy a video game a month then you're spending more than you need to have a good time in Entropia. If you're eating fast food a few times a month you're spending enough to have a good time in Entropia. If you're buying lunch at school/work instead of packing it you're spending enough to have a good time in Entropia.

well put. +rep

You can sweat, involves standing still and pointing a sweater collected at a mob for hours on end. For ever 1000 bottles you get you can sell them for 20 cents US or 2 Ped. You clearly have enough money to own a gaming PC and an Internet connection so advise you deposit $20-30 and get started. Go to webshop and by a gold pack is a great start.

You can sweat, involves standing still and pointing a sweater collected at a mob for hours on end. For ever 1000 bottles you get you can sell them for 20 cents US or 2 Ped. You clearly have enough money to own a gaming PC and an Internet connection so advise you deposit $20-30 and get started. Go to webshop and by a gold pack is a great start.

I'd agree - at least at some point in the near future. I recommend anyone new gather a good amount of sweat. No so much for the sweat to sell... but because you start to earn combat skills and learn the game more - before you put any cash in.
That being said - the above quote is important to note. The sweat price is currently so low that I would have to imagine that the electricity cost per hour on using your computer costs more than the amount of sweat you can earn to cover that cost. To play this game and not deposit is a noble and possible goal. I'm not one to really ask - I deposit my ass off.
Feel free to message me in the game if you have questions
Davin Trooper Felth

use the player registry function

GL! This community is great.

I play as a non depositor pretty much. I couldn't deposit my first few years and even though I could if I really wanted to each month now I've already got past the hardest stage. As others have said the beginner missions get you a little way, make full use of that. Also the starter packs are very good value for money but I recommend using that sparingly if money is tight. I also recommend sweating if for nothing else than the skills you'll gain and the people you'll get to talk to and learn from.

if you want to look me up for more info playing non deposit im Marie Elf Woodell in game.

I deposit because non depositing is a long road. Having said that my current disciple has played for six months without depositing. He sweats and partakes in Entropia partners which allows you to perform tasks to earn a small amount of currency. If you enjoy the game after a couple of months, the Gold starter pack is the way to go. This game may seem expensive but I pay no tv licence or tv subscription which covers my costs.

If you absolutely refuse to deposit you can sweat or search for fruits/stones..

Both of which will take a long time and cost more on your electric bill than you'll save.. As many people have said already, EU is free, but it depends on how you want to be entertained, and in EU as in life entertainment seldom comes free.

Collecting bottles/cans and then depositing is faster/more efficient than sweating honestly.

I would say start collecting sweat, get at least 5000 bottles to find out how hard it is to earn money here.

Btw, just so you know that it can be done, I have a friend who never deposited, started by sweating, and playing smart, he went from 0 peds, to approximately 30000-40000.

Its also about the amount of time you "invest" in the game. Some have time, some money :)

Sure, go sweat, but as soon as you got your hands on a heal kit that you max, start looking for healer jobs. I was mheeee towards it at first but during WoF one of our non depositing team members did some healing for decay, and it made a huge difference for me as a hunter despite his low level tool.

I find it hard to not tip healers with at least the same amount as they decay.

Sure, go sweat, but as soon as you got your hands on a heal kit that you max, start looking for healer jobs. I was mheeee towards it at first but during WoF one of our non depositing team members did some healing for decay, and it made a huge difference for me as a hunter despite his low level tool.

I find it hard to not tip healers with at least the same amount as they decay.

This is good advice.

Join the #fap channel (/join #fap) and periodically offer your services as fap service (once you've got a low level fap maxed.

Let people know you're faping for decay, don't ask for tips, don't expect tips and most of the time you'll be happily surprised.

I would say it depends on how you value your time. Sweating for $0.20-$0.30usd an hour is not a good use of my time because for me it isn't fun and it does not pay enough to do to not have fun.
I would not be playing this game at all if I couldn't deposit because my RL priorities would need much more attention than a game.
With that said I suspect many of the I can't depositers are kids with no bank account and therfor no way to deposit. If thats the case and you enjoy the game then happy sweating.

My personal approach to EU:

I see EU mainly as fun activity and compare it to other fun activity I do IRL.

1. Playing pool rent table = 5 €/h
2. Going to cinema = 10 € / 1.5h
4. Playing EU at my level = 10 € whole weekend

Deposit into EU is cheap compared to some of my other fun activity.
Compared to other MMOs it looks expencive on the first view, but do other MMOs have that RCE ? NO !!

If you use your deposits with brain, a 10 € deposit can last a lot longer than only a weekend.
If you use your deposit with low brain, a 10 € deposit could be burnt within a hour.

Consider every deposit as payment for fun, never deposit more than you are willing to lose, always consider your deposit as lost.

If you approach to EU that way, you can have a lot of fun, and will be surpriesed how valuable your account has become after a view years of playing.
And get you a gold card, to protect your account.

Its more profitable to find fruits and stones. Stones sell very good. Just need to find a hotspot where not many people come. I won't tell you my spots but I do get more hits near mob spawns.

My advice. Get to nea's, or Boreas, and group sweat. And Sweat alot. Not so much for the PED, but for the skills. You should sweat at least 3-4 hours a day, 3-4 days a week.Break it up a little bit, with just exploring/traveling. Get all the teleports you can.There are certain missions that send you to the other tp's. Like the "find the beer" one. Pick up every single mission you can find. There is no limit on how many you can take.

Try to do all the "free" ones. ( Missions that don't require any hunting/mining/crafting.) Make friends. Ask around for help to get to certain places, sometimes people are going your way anyhow, so they won't mind. You'd be surprised how many free rides you can get, by being nice.

Keep on sweating. Once your agility is at level 10, you can go to the newbie oil rig. This will not give you any skills, but you will earn more PED per hour here, collecting oil, than from sweating. THis depends on many factors. (How many people are waiting in the line in front of you, are there any PvP line killing going on, etc)

After about 1-2 months of doing this, I would say, you need to deposit. Even 10-20 USD (100-200 PED) will be an ENORMOUS help.

You will be able to buy a vehicle to get around in ( I recommend slepnir), you can buy a couple of Azuro to get started on killing punys. Get a decent FAP. I wouldnt worry about armour, for at least another month of hunting.
DO your puny Iron missions. Continue to sweat, or try a swunt group. Continue to hit up the oil rig, looking for most opportune times. ( Less people in line= Faster PED. If there is more that 12-15 people, forget it.)

I personally deposited only 20 USD, back in January. I am still going strong and I will not be depositing for at least 3 months . My total net PED worth is 484. And I wasted a bit of PED on foolish things, and mistakes. I have 2 vehicles, lots of resources that I can sell, and clothes and such. Best thing, is to learn where NOT to waste PED.

Of course, luck has a big role. I happened to get 3 or 4 globals that helped me out alot.

That being said..if you cannot, for whatever reason, fork over even 10, or 20 USD...then, your choice is..to sweat, and hit up the oil rig, and walk around looking for fruit on the ground.

I would say it depends on how you value your time. Sweating for $0.20-$0.30usd an hour is not a good use of my time because for me it isn't fun and it does not pay enough to do to not have fun.
I would not be playing this game at all if I couldn't deposit because my RL priorities would need much more attention than a game.
With that said I suspect many of the I can't depositers are kids with no bank account and therfor no way to deposit. If thats the case and you enjoy the game then happy sweating.

How you make 0.20$-0.30$ while sweating for a 1 hour ??? Explain and i give you what i win in first 300 hours .....:D:D:D

How you make 0.20$-0.30$ while sweating for a 1 hour ??? Explain and i give you what i win in first 300 hours .....:D:D:D
Did I over estimate? I was assuming you could get around 1K in an hour. 1K sells for about 2-3PED depending on who's buying so that's 20-30cents and hour. I sweated for maybe 5mins before wanting to beat myself to death with a hammer (played to many good MMO's I guess) so if you can't get that much an hour that makes it all that much worse. :dunce:

Did I over estimate? I was assuming you could get around 1K in an hour. 1K sells for about 2-3PED depending on who's buying so that's 20-30cents and hour. I sweated for maybe 5mins before wanting to beat myself to death with a hammer (played to many good MMO's I guess) so if you can't get that much an hour that makes it all that much worse. :dunce:

Do that 1k sweat for 1 hour and i delete my windows. :D

Btw, just so you know that it can be done, I have a friend who never deposited, started by sweating, and playing smart, he went from 0 peds, to approximately 30000-40000.

May I ask when did he start`?

Surely an option when sweat sold for 10 PED / k but today at max 2 PED / k it will take ages to get to somewhere.
Well lucky HoF may help, in the past you could hit a 1k+ snable young, but that seems to be impossible today as max loot is lower today, too.

If you do not deposit any real cash into the game, here is a pretty good video, showing the activities you can do, for free:)

Seriously though.. for some many people obsessed about eco in EU none seem to care about eco in RL.. Instead of spending $30 on electricity sweating for a week, turn off computer and go run/workout instead.. then depo the $30 you saved by not having your computer on..

when I started I sweated for a week, and in the weekend I woulda go to mining/hunting, but mostly mining, and while mining I collected all the teleporterts, in like 3-4 months reached 1k peds tt of surveying minerals, then I only mined surveying then came my first global in mining was a hof, then few months later hit a 10k argo, then its a very long story of fails and uberloots :), at the end I sell out without depo, but all started with 1k ped gathered from sweat... was 5ped/1k sweat.

Back