Official Word (Suprise) MIndark are not in Control of Next Island ..

Agis

Alpha
Society
Entropy
Agis Agis McKracken
there comment in face book confirmed

'Next Island is owned and maintained by a planet partner and MindArk aren't in control of the roadmap of the planet. However we hope that Next Island can release a renewed experience as soon as possible and grow its community.'

It looks like either next island has already changed hands in secret or David Post still owns Next Island and has abandoned it, or on the offcase neverdie has assumed management of the planet or aquired the planet in a deal between himself and David Post.

Its Obvious that David Post has abandoned the planet, but is there something else we dont know?

cheers:)

Agis

I think there was a statement of david post some years back that he still owns the planet and not intends to sell it.

ND was on #Rocktropia the other day, saying that there are things moving behind the scenes, which he is 'not unhappy with', but he can't comment until whatever happens is official.

Maybe there is still hope for NI, one of the most beautiful places on EU so sadly abandoned.

I cant but agree, the amount of man hours and love in the design of NI and Ancient Greece is mind boggling.
If there was just a teeny bit more players there I would move asap. I hope we will hear of good news soon.

Move it closer to caly #1 priority for it to make a comeback.

Move it closer to caly #1 priority for it to make a comeback.

Just give players an option to TP to NI for a fee with lootables getting moved to planet storage if they have them in inventory when they pay fee with a warning added with the fee notice. This would help NI get some income. Add the TP fee to space missions.:)

Wel I got an idea ..

Well since David Post s in control and since it is a time travel planet.. and since we have people who like to cheat.. How about we turn Next Island into a.. Penal Planet..(yes a planet wher eyou go to jail for breaking the rules..)

I mean this idea is an idea that was formulated when a discussion started up in teh General forums about "Could MA go to this extreme?" The whole idea is based on a recent event in the MMORPG world where a player who had been caught cheating was in fact executed like a guy who committed murder (The real partof the story was that this guy actually did cheat and broke the TOU of that particular game, so he got removed..(and his excecution was shown to 325,000 players on Youtbe..)

So, instead of kiling off cheaters, and since this planet is really wild and wooly andhas both steamy jungles and Hot dry deserts, and we could change the wild life around a little to make it more dangerous, then we could toss all of these guys on the planet and let them duke it out (And who knows make the planet 99.8% PVP where Bounty hunters could hunt the prisoners and who could collect a small bounty.. (Oh and the place would be patrolled in space with NPC Space patrols and have a pretty good sector of space Laden with mines..

So since MA doesn't own Next Island I would suggest this proposal..

(After all, Humourously speaking.. this is one sure fire way to gain a population...)

but what about that? A nifty idea.. Next Island.. the Penal Planet of EU..

(Cpl) Benjamin Ben Coyote, iFN Military
A.k.a. "The BlindSniper" (And) "His_Dog_Spot".

Well since David Post s in control and since it is a time travel planet.. and since we have people who like to cheat.. How about we turn Next Island into a.. Penal Planet..(yes a planet wher eyou go to jail for breaking the rules..)

I mean this idea is an idea that was formulated when a discussion started up in teh General forums about "Could MA go to this extreme?" The whole idea is based on a recent event in the MMORPG world where a player who had been caught cheating was in fact executed like a guy who committed murder (The real partof the story was that this guy actually did cheat and broke the TOU of that particular game, so he got removed..(and his excecution was shown to 325,000 players on Youtbe..)

So, instead of kiling off cheaters, and since this planet is really wild and wooly andhas both steamy jungles and Hot dry deserts, and we could change the wild life around a little to make it more dangerous, then we could toss all of these guys on the planet and let them duke it out (And who knows make the planet 99.8% PVP where Bounty hunters could hunt the prisoners and who could collect a small bounty.. (Oh and the place would be patrolled in space with NPC Space patrols and have a pretty good sector of space Laden with mines..

So since MA doesn't own Next Island I would suggest this proposal..

(After all, Humourously speaking.. this is one sure fire way to gain a population...)

but what about that? A nifty idea.. Next Island.. the Penal Planet of EU..

(Cpl) Benjamin Ben Coyote, iFN Military
A.k.a. "The BlindSniper" (And) "His_Dog_Spot".

Wow, I never read your long posts as they are usually 10x longer, but this one is short so I did and this is a GREAT IDEA. :) This would be interesting addition to the game. :)

I don't care to much other then, let me put a amp on my sword!!!

Scammers and cheats, welcoime to Next Island yor new home prison planet.. I am your Host Mr. Rourke.. (Da Planet Da Plane!)

Ha ha... He said pen..... Wait... What he said! :eyecrazy:

Lol Thin of what i just said.. aAustrailia was once one of these colonies wher the worst of the worst were sent to, and in fact we could turn Next Ilsand into a prison planet for Cheaters and sammers, but with a twist.. and if you go over to the "Would EU go to this extreme thread, it would give you something more fun to talk about..(Hmm who's up for Bounty Hunting?)

(Crl) Benjamin Ben COyote , IFN MIlitary
A.k.a."The Blind Sniper" (and ) "His_Dog_Spot"

Turn it into a prison planet and make it so the only loot dropped is lame-u-cational toys.

Last edited:
Turn it into a prison planet and make it so the only loot dropped is lame-crapnal-and-other-tt-shit

oh wait, nvm, we already have planets that do that :laugh:

It would be the Alcatraz of EU! Make an impossible underground maze from which you have to escape when your sentence is over.

I like the maps and I would love to finish my missions but I stopped because someone told me it is broken and abandoned. I do hope it's awakened soon.

Sounds Great, sign me up! It reminds me of a song I love, but with the lyrics all twisted to fit PE.

Someone with some lyrical talent could update Big Rock Candy Mountain to be the theme song of this place.

something like...

On the big rock penal colony
where the servers are always down
and there are CTDs all around
and the shots don't hit
and you can't use your kit
and the hofs are flops
and only novas drop
on the big rock penal colony

:laugh:

If you want to play as an inmate, there is 'No Way Out' prison on Rocktropia.

If you want to kill huge 1 eyed monsters with pathetically underpowered equipment for a decent skill reward, then Next Island still has a reason for you to visit.

It wouldn't take much work to make Ancient Greece viable, a catapult, some stronger armor and an enhanced herb box might be all it would take.

I have no idea if this could be possible to implement, but I hope one day to see it.

Isn't there already a prison planet? Greece should be more classic... <removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
AG quests aren't bugged. I got the free sword (falcata 1 ped tt) in few mins and finished Cyclopes quest lately.
In last days a RL friend is back Herbfapping there (Minimè TheMiner Male, he hasn't PCF account, add him in FL if u need healer in AG) and Gotto is still buying some AG's loot and offering rental service on AG weapons and armour.
Love that planet and really hope something is moving.

Staying OnTopic... Love the prison idea :laugh:

Last edited:
Back