Info: Prof lvl vs. Amps

S4400Salvation

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Shaman 4400 Salvation
I would like to see a required profession level for amps to make up for the skills a miner actually has.

At the moment anyone can get a high level amp and hit something big with little to none skills in the mining profession.

I remember on weapon amps you get the message this amp can't be used on this weapon, implementing something like that for mining amps would go a long way.

ps. this thread was made as a way to Communicate with the developers of Planet Calypso.
but someone decided to put it here because it can be put in the suggestion list too? Thanks for the communication.

Last edited:
I would like to see a required profession level for amps to make up for the skills a miner actually has.

At the moment anyone can get a high level amp and hit something big with little to none skills in the mining profession.

I remember on weapon amps you get the message this amp can't be used on this weapon, implementing something like that for mining amps would go a long way.

ps. I would like to get a response from the Dev team.

pretty sure mining amps DO have prof lvl requirements

pretty sure mining amps DO have prof lvl requirements

No they don't.

ps. made support case, got a response in 26min after i made the case, same as usual, and also they closed it..

No they don't.

ps. made support case, got a response in 26min after i made the case, same as usual, and also closed..

yes they do.

I know they do for a fact because I recently bought a lvl 13 amp and flew out to FOMA only to equip it and get an error saying "not enough skill to use this attachment"

I had to sell it for a loss because I was not able to use it :(

yes they do.

I know they do for a fact because I recently bought a lvl 13 amp and flew out to FOMA only to equip it and get an error saying "not enough skill to use this attachment"

I had to sell it for a loss because I was not able to use it :(

What is your profession level?

Ps. also what are the requirements then? For all the amps?

its not high, but they do.

for instance, lvl 8 amp requires lvl 5 prof

Ps. also what are the requirements then? For all the amps?

right click -> item info :thumbup:

its not high, but they do.

for instance, lvl 8 amp requires lvl 5 prof

right click -> item info :thumbup:

So lvl 10 prof to use lvl13? Seems no skill needed at all, hence we need a revamp on this system.

Compare it to weapons used for hunting and you will see what i mean.

So lvl 10 prof to use lvl13? Seems no skill needed at all, hence we need a revamp on this system.

Compare it to weapons used for hunting and you will see what i mean.

looks like lvl 13 req's prof 20

So skills are pointless in mining? Is that the way MA wants to go? Or actually give them a meaning.

If i want to use a big gun i have to have the skills, in mining you need what max at lvl20 to be set to use all the amps available?

ps. so i just should sell all my skills and leave it at 20 because u don't need to go any higher?

ps. so i just should sell all my skills and leave it at 20 because u don't need to go any higher?

if you dont want to use better/deeper/etc finders, then sure, go for it

if you dont want to use better/deeper/etc finders, then sure, go for it

Finders is a whole different story, i am talking about amps, finders don't increase the size of the find, amps do.

Finders is a whole different story, i am talking about amps, finders don't increase the size of the find, amps do.

If this is your way of thinking, should we require higher manufacturing skills to craft on condition or higher hunting levels to use uneco/big amps for guns?

Amps only multiply your finds. Finders require higher levels in order to dig deeper which is correct IMO. Higher levels = more rare finds

Lets attach a prof lvl requirement to the condition slider too! because fairness.

If this is your way of thinking, should we require higher manufacturing skills to craft on condition or higher hunting levels to use uneco/big amps for guns?

Amps only multiply your finds. Finders require higher levels in order to dig deeper which is correct IMO. Higher levels = more rare finds

That what i highlighted i never mentioned or questioned in my OP.

My objective was towards the requirements set on using the amps.

Lvl20 is fuck all, but for that to be enough to use the biggest amps ingame is bullshit.

You can't claim that profession level has no impact on mining, and then claim that finders are another issue.

Profession level might not have an impact on amps after level 20, but it still has an impact on mining, because finders are used in mining.

...from someone who didnt know mining amps had a lvl req.

:thumbup:

Blame my level in that profession for that, since i never in my career ever gotten a msg like that, been amping since lvl1.

Blame my level in that profession for that, since i never in my career ever gotten a msg like that, been amping since lvl1.

and now you want others to not be able to

pot -> kettle

You can't claim that profession level has no impact on mining, and then claim that finders are another issue.

Profession level might not have an impact on amps after level 20, but it still has an impact on mining, because finders are used in mining.

Profession level does indeed have little to no impact in the mining skill, if u want to go deeper u get more skills, if u want to use the biggest amp out there lvl20 is enough, which is bullshit.

Ps. ever heard of the Z1 towers, how much skill is needed for that do u think?

and now you want others to not be able to

pot -> kettle

I want the system to be more fair to skills, otherwise what's the point in having them, compare the skills to hunting/crafting and see how that evens out.

Nobody stops you from using a big amp on a big nonsib UL oldschool weapon at lvl 0.

So i want big mining amps usable at lvl 0 too. :wise:

Nobody stops you from using a big amp on a big nonsib UL oldschool weapon at lvl 0.

So i want big mining amps usable at lvl 0 too. :wise:

Indeed, who cares about skills.

I don't think this is a good idea, it will mostly benefit experienced miners like yourself.
Why should you get an unfair advantage?

I don't think this is a good idea, it will mostly benefit experienced miners like yourself.

now that he has been able to 'amp since level 1' he doesn't want anyone else to be able to

fair, right? :lolup:

Funny how you find that a change like that will put me in an unfair advantage but you are fine with it's current state, i can think of a few unfair advantages that are in play now due to this outdated system.

now that he has been able to 'amp since level 1' he doesn't want anyone else to be able to

fair, right? :lolup:

Well do u have the info on which amp i used at lvl1 or just wanna jump to conlusions?

I never said i want a person at lvl1 not to amp, i wanted the system to be more fair, being able to use the biggest amps at lvl20 is too low imo.

Anyone know for certain if there is a hidden skill range after you get minimum skill level like SIB for mining amps? For level 13 amp it would start at 20 and maybe go up to level 30 before you are using efficiently?:scratch2:

Back