Question: Good Feffox Armour / Plates?

Kryten

Provider
Society
Freelancer
Quantum Kryten State
I am currently using Viceroy + 5B's which is fine for Feffox Young but not too good on Mature and up. I would like to be able to kill the Matures, Olds and the odd Provider without having to spend half my time healing.

Entropedia Armor Advisor reckons that Polaris +5B's is good but I was wondering what other players think? I would prefer not to have to buy new plates, and use the 5B's I have, but if I need to buy others then so be it.

So, what armor + plates is good for Feffox?

EDIT: I should add I don't want to spend more than about 1500 PED on it, but will consider up to 2K. My preference would be about 1K though.

Last edited:
I did also see Bear in the armor advisor list, and was wondering about it's eco.

OK, so i'll look into Bear and go from there. Should I go for L or UL? I'd prefer something I don't have to replace when it runs out but if L is better then so be it.

EDIT: Just saw the last part of your post lol, I'll go for the UL if I can.

Thanks for the advice, I hate trying to decide on what to upgrade to when its a larger investment hehe

I did also see Bear in the armor advisor list, and was wondering about it's eco.

OK, so i'll look into Bear and go from there. Should I go for L or UL? I'd prefer something I don't have to replace when it runs out but if L is better then so be it.

EDIT: Just saw the last part of your post lol, I'll go for the UL if I can.

2950 durability on bear vs 3000 on your viceroy.. pretty much the same eco as you have now. I had a bear set once and I loved it. Last set I saw sold for like +1600 I think for a (M) set. (L) boar/bear parts last quite a long time since they have like 13k durability or something crazy like that.. and considering you can find most parts very cheap.. it might be worth it to go (L) this time around. However if you're like me and hate buying (L) parts, go with the UL. It was one of my favorite armors that I have ever owned :)

alternatively you could go to Planet cyrene, get 200 badges from some small missions and buy the a.r.c. initiate armor for 200 ped.
The most all round armor in its price range. 14 impact, 14 cut, 14 stab, 8 burn, 8 penetration, 12 cold, 12 electric, 25! acid.

Be careful using Entropedia's armor adviser - it doesn't take into account how armor really works after the change in late 2013

Some Aquila (L) would do the job. You could always ditch the 5Bs for some 8A (L)s as well.

I have an (unwarranted?) aversion to L armor for some reason - but having never used L armor before I really don't know what I'm talking about!

I'll give the Bear + 5B's a go methinks and if I need new plates after that then I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

alternatively you could go to Planet cyrene, get 200 badges from some small missions and buy the a.r.c. initiate armor for 200 ped.
The most all round armor in its price range. 14 impact, 14 cut, 14 stab, 8 burn, 8 penetration, 12 cold, 12 electric, 25! acid.

How long would this take to complete? I've been thinking about doing the mission to get a set of this armor and hunt some acid mobs with it.. but have no clue how long I should expect to get this done.

(sorry for hijacking the thread)

I have an (unwarranted?) aversion to L armor for some reason - but having never used L armor before I really don't know what I'm talking about!

I'll give the Bear + 5B's a go methinks and if I need new plates after that then I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

ya, one thing you can do is buy an (L) set and see how you like it first.. then buy the UL version :)

Damn thats pretty versatile armor lol, i'll look into that at a later point methinks - could be worth having for some other Iron missions too.

ya, one thing you can do is buy an (L) set and see how you like it first.. then buy the UL version :)

That's a thought actually, I might do it that way for starters.

Oh and hijack the thread all you want mate, my question has been answered so go for your life :)

I have to say, Im pretty impressed with Viceroy for a Low/Mid armor and what it can handle. I went for the Viceroy because I kept selling my UL armors whenever I got low on PEDS so I wanted something that I couldn't easily sell lol. That and it just looks cool.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...or-(unl)-Ecotron-v-15e-(L)&highlight=Initiate

I think this dude lists all the quests on his website

There are like 4-5 dailies along with other missions - some mobs are really tough - maybe a month if u went balls out. A team of 2 would probably work well for help with the tough missions.

Wanna go?!?

only 3 of the dailies work at this point.

99 badges can be farmed by doing 1 time missions, ranging from easy to fucked-up-hard.

the remaining 101 badges / 3 per day gives 34 days you need to spend on cyrene ( or fly back and forth each day ) assuming you do all 1 time missions and the time for those is not counted in.

a lot of this depends on your skills but I started off hunting feffox in Ghost 5'b and still use it. I can take down up to providers although I do need the Regen X during the battle. My advice is if you cant hunt it in the viceroy 5b comfortably then you probably aren't skilled enough to be hunting them on a regular basis, you will pay in the long run through decay and mob regen , always hunt within your ability unless it is a special occasion and you feel like blowing a bit of ped. I have seen players hunting these naked burt they are high skilled and still need a fapper. Stick to the lower maturities until your skill increases. 12 months ago I could only hunt youngs in a the ghost 5b's with a similar DPS weapon. My ranged skills have not increased much over the last 12 months as I am skilling melee. I am hoping to be able to hunt the young and old feffox with a sword later this year

a lot of this depends on your skills but I started off hunting feffox in Ghost 5'b and still use it. I can take down up to providers although I do need the Regen X during the battle. My advice is if you cant hunt it in the viceroy 5b comfortably then you probably aren't skilled enough to be hunting them on a regular basis, you will pay in the long run through decay and mob regen , always hunt within your ability unless it is a special occasion and you feel like blowing a bit of ped. I have seen players hunting these naked burt they are high skilled and still need a fapper. Stick to the lower maturities until your skill increases. 12 months ago I could only hunt youngs in a the ghost 5b's with a similar DPS weapon. My ranged skills have not increased much over the last 12 months as I am skilling melee. I am hoping to be able to hunt the young and old feffox with a sword later this year

So true, evade and health are your best armour, I shoot youngs/matures in Ghost or Viceroy and 5B and never need to heal unless I get a crit.

Stab: 16.66 %
Cut: 38.88 %
Impact: 27.77 %
Cold: 16.66 %

Damage types for Feffox. Really anything that splits C/S/I. Cold is almost negligible on Feffox because its tied for the lowest damage type.

I used POE/8A SGA and most maturities weren't bad at all, at least up to Alpha/Dominant. I never really tried Prowlers or Stalkers with that setup.

Kind of expensive though :laugh:

But really, look for high C/S/I stats, and you'll be fine. And make sure your evade level is sufficient for the maturities you want to hunt. Negating all damage from a mob but being constantly hit is going to be VERY costly. You'd be better off evading most hits and taking an occasional big hit and healing for it.

Angel SGA + 5b not bad against Fefox

for small ones Koroma + 5b works well.. upto old provider depending on your evade level.

SpikE

OP go for phantom armor, you can get set for around tt+2k if you look around, and good side is that you wont need to upgrade soon again (while when buying bear, you will need better armor very soon)

OP go for phantom armor, you can get set for around tt+2k if you look around, and good side is that you wont need to upgrade soon again (while when buying bear, you will need better armor very soon)

Isn't it's dura only 2200 though?

Isn't it's dura only 2200 though?

Not very eco, but if it works why not.
Phantom is a good choice if you can´t afford angle armor :D

I like that armor, and its crafted, so it should be relatively easy to get a set :D

I'm did a couple of missions with jaguar. Holds up pretty decent. Stats
17 stab 20cut 22impact 13 cold with 5b plat vs
16.66stab 38.88cut 27.77impact and 16.66 cold
Durability 3350 ?

Also worth checking Liakon against the maturity you wnat to hunt.

Boar

I like my Boar w/5b
i thnk you can get it for tt+2000 easily

For Feffox you must be very skillfull in evade with this armor or you need a healer.
Angel +5B plates is the best for me but UL it is very high investement as others wrote already.
But I agree Jarhead is one of the best all around armors.

Angel is way out of his price league so not even close to an option

others mentioned bear, which offers around the same protection level
http://www.entropiawiki.com/ArmorAdviser.aspx

Armor --Average Damage-- Max Damage
Bear +5B-- 4.90-- 19.97
Jarhead + 5B-- 5.63-- 21.97

against feffox old that is and you shouldnt go much higher in majurity with a sub 2000 ped unlimted amor I guess

Liakon is a perfect fit for the damage types, no plates needed for smaller maturities, with plates you can probably survive all but the biggest.

I began on small Feffox with Zombie (L) and plates. Yes, it's limited and I hate that as much, but this one is hard to beat for eco since it has almost no markup and is an easy craft. Supplies are no problem, you find it stocked or available on order at the known armour manufacturers, only due to the mu not often on auction. Avoid the unlimited version, much different eco.

Back