Question: L in front of mobs name?

Nissa

Provider
Banned
The mobs have and L and then a number after it. L10, L23...ect and then the maturity of the mob. What does the L23 represent? Is it the level of the mob or the level you should be to hunt it?

level of the mob

Basically a hint for newbies how dangerous the mob is. It's not 100% reliable, but gives you an idea which mob to avoid.

So if I wanted to hunt a level 25 mob with a dominant maturity what level of a hunter should you be? Assuming you are using gear equal to your level.

I try to have at least 4-5 levels more in Evader level than the level of the mob. It greatly reduces armor decay.

As far as damage/hit profession, that's tougher to say. Basically, the faster you can kill it, the less damage you're going to take and the less you'll pay in repair/healing.

So if I wanted to hunt a level 25 mob with a dominant maturity what level of a hunter should you be? Assuming you are using gear equal to your level.

depends on mob

depends on mob
I thought that might be the case.. I was hoping is was more linear though.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. The main reason I am asking because I am pondering chipping up so I can clear areas I would like to mine. Seems like skill prices are not to bad.

Last edited:
It's not linear because of ALL the different aspects to mob levels.

Regeneration, movement speed, total HP, agro range, attack speed, attack damage, hit ability, etc. Not to mention all mobs have varying damage types, which make all the difference in what you can hunt.

At the very least, use the mob level as an indication of about where your evade should be.

search is your friend:
The level of a mob is calculated based on the parameters of each mob. This includes things like Max HP, Regeneration, Attack speed, Accuracy, Damage, Range, Speed etc, they don't all weigh as heavily in the calculation however. High regeneration adds a lot to the mobs level and used to add even more, until a patch about 1.5 years ago or so as some might remember where the levels of many mobs changed slightly towards higher levels on high damage creatures rather than high HP/regen creatures.

In the case of Falxangius vs Mulak'f it's partly based on the large regeneration difference with very high on Mulak'f to very low on Falxangius. There is however a big difference that isn't as easy to see between these mobs which is their attack speeds and accuracy. The Falxangius attacks quite a bit slower than Mulak'f and misses a lot more giving it perhaps a lower overall damage output (depending on evade levels).

However it is true that mobs that are generally considered more dangerous are the ones that hit hard enough to kill you in one or two hits. It's also harder to use armor to deal with such mobs while a monster like Aurli seems pretty easy because it hits super fast but not very hard making it easy to get an armor to absorb pretty much all the damage even though it might actually have higher DPS then a mob that feels tougher because it hits hard and with concentrated damage like the Falxangius.

Regarding mission rewards, they are not based on the mobs levels but another calculation. It usually correlates quite well with the mob levels anyway though.

The only thing that we know is directly dependent on the mob level is the % of crit damage that you avoid taking*. This little and rather pointless feature was added recently. Considering that the mob level itself is a relatively recent addition, i wouldn't expect the things that have been around for a long time (e.g. how easy/hard it is to evade the mob, etc.) to depend directly on the mob level.

ETA: *reference

Meh...

I'm level 30 in Evader and L5 Foul and Argo Youngs manage to hit me without fail.

I thought that might be the case.. I was hoping is was more linear though.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. The main reason I am asking because I am pondering chipping up so I can clear areas I would like to mine. Seems like skill prices are not to bad.
Hi Nissa, to help answer your question with some sort of clarify, here is my take on the Level of Mobs. It's not 100% accurate (I do admit) and some even comment to say that my suggestion is utter crap. But while personally using it, I did find it gave me the right expectations for the mobs I wanted to hunt. Make what you will of my (supposed useless) information. https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?219159-A-Mob-s-Level-amp-What-It-Might-Mean&highlight=

Meh...

I'm level 30 in Evader and L5 Foul and Argo Youngs manage to hit me without fail.
Evader gives you a chance to miss being hit, which means no amount of evader can ever make a mob miss totally. An argo can hit me but it will take him about 20 tries before he manages to connect a hit even with lv 36 evader for an example he can still hit, it will just take longer for it to happen.

Back