People selling avatars instead of chipping out?

Society
Freelancer
Edgewise
Hi,

For the past 2 years, I have not been playing at all because I have been waiting for a answer regarding a support case.

Today I got that answer and have now decided to make my skills useful by giving them to another avatar/player with more time on their hands than I do as my living situation has changed in the past 2 years.

I am wondering if it is OK through the EULA to sell the whole account instead of selling skills one by one(skill category) through ESI.

I have seen others do this and I wonder if it is OK from a Mindark point of view, as I am not spending much time in game I want to know the quickest and safest way of doing so without having to deposit too much money to withdraw all the skills and of course, I do not want to break any rules or EULA's.

Could you please point me in the right direction?

I have asked Mindark the same question and I am eagerly waiting for a answer, but from previous experience the last support case I made took over 2 years to answer I do not have much hope for any assistance, I really had hoped for a different outcome than this but frankly I do not feel very confident about return because (and I am sad to admit this) I have lost my love for the game.. I have been around since 2003-2013, then a 2 years break while waiting for the support case.

I might log in to have a look around and give it a try and hope i can find that 'in love with the game' feeling again but I believe some extreme luck is needed for that.. :(

History for support case 246331:

2013-01-06 23:31 You wrote:

2015-03-09 13:15 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi whatwouldjesusdo,

We apologies for this, due to our old support department having issues in various ways including leaving left over cases we've been unable to find.

We've since then replaced the entire department so hopefully you will have a more satisfying time with us.

In the meantime all the help is much appreciated from this wonderful community.

Ulitmately its MindArk's call. But from the Terms of Use in the Client Loader:

14. No Assignment

You may not assign this Agreement or transfer Your Entropia Universe Account to anyone, except to the extent expressly permitted by this Agreement or if obtaining a prior written consent from MindArk. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Your Entropia Universe Account will be disposable by Your legal successors by inheritance subject to terms and limitations, as applicable by MindArk from time to time. Any attempt to transfer, give or grant Your Entropia Universe Account in breach of this ToU will be null and void. MindArk may assign or transfer any of its rights or obligations under this Agreement to any other company, firm or person without any limitations.

To me that reads that if you have prior written consent from MA its ok. My understanding is that you need to present MA with a contract between you and the other party before they will give consent.

Ulitmately its MindArk's call. But from the Terms of Use in the Client Loader:

To me that reads that if you have prior written consent from MA its ok. My understanding is that you need to present MA with a contract between you and the other party before they will give consent.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.

+rep for informative reply!

I'll see what is required to receive a consent from MA in regards to this and I will share it with the forums.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.

+rep for informative reply!

I'll see what is required to receive a consent from MA in regards to this and I will share it with the forums.

The left nut from each of your male ancestors going back 5 generations, the right nut from each of your male decedents going forward to the 5th generation, AND both of your nuts.

The left nut from each of your male ancestors going back 5 generations, the right nut from each of your male decedents going forward to the 5th generation, AND both of your nuts.

Well, that is just plain nutty...

The timing of the third requirement could impact the ability to provide the second.

You're basically asking if MA will allow you to skip out on the 10% loss of skills to quit playing and cash out. I'm going to have to say that you will need to pay them their 10% or more before they would consider this a viable option.

AND both of your nuts.

not a problem, nuts aren't too difficult to craft :dunce:

basic_nuts_bp.jpg

Just sell it. Who care what MA thinks. I have bought five different avatars in ten years and stripped them and chipped them into me without an issue.

So if you bought someone's avatar then started using it then the previous owner claims his account was hacked you would not only get the blame, loose both the accounts, and be out the money you paid for the other account and most likely your original account? :scratch2: Might want to get that contract.

If you are willing to go the route of getting MA consent - I say more power to ya.
Otherwise I'd agree with a previous post and say - F-em. Just sell your avatar to someone. MA doesn't seem to police shit in this game. It really would be at the risk of whoever is buying your avatar, because once it's theirs and it gets locked.. they are SoL and you are free of the game.

Who knows -if you find a buyer and stuff is going well - I could see MA giving you consent but yea, probably with some added legal fee or whatever they want to call it.

Are you Swedish?
Are you Ma's love child?

If 2*yes, then go ahead.. & ask them.. otherwise, go the sneaky way

I know many games i played if not all where ppl will sell accounts (becose is more easy).
Selling accounts is as old as somme games seling gold…
MA will probably be more happy to get new player that actualy plays the game (deposit) that let say someone like me that sit on shit load off skills but log in only once year for the account not to be lost.
As the 10% someone mentioned lol MA lost 100000000000000000000000000000000% whith me not depositing 1 cent seence 3 years that let say someone deposit 100$ strait up if i sold my account as example.
BTW am not selling my account. I just wait for MA to fix clothes.
But i must be honest every year that go by am thinking more and more to sell everething don’t know what i wil do sell skills on ESI or just the caracter time will tell.
Oh and tbh i will use law firm that actualy works for us to write contract between me and the buyer so no fishy thinks can happen.:wise:

If there is 1 person around that can give more info on this it is the forum admin (711/Neomaven).

So if he is around and reads stuff, maybe he can tell us how his deal went? I know what I heard trough other people, but it is better if he tells it himself instead of other people just spreading rumors and hearsay stories.

Interesting, I would love to know the answer to this, perhaps one day soon I wioll be bored and if selling entire ava is allowed I would love to have that option, even pay MA a fee to do it.

Interesting, I would love to know the answer to this, perhaps one day soon I wioll be bored and if selling entire ava is allowed I would love to have that option, even pay MA a fee to do it.

If one day you get official statemant from MA they will never tell you they suport this kind of transaction !

As buiseness owner from legal point of wiev they dont want to be tied to something of that kind, if something go wrong they dont want you to be able to turn agains them.

If one day you get answer it will go something like this:

We do not suport this kind of transaction in case you are seling youre caracter MA and afiliate will never interact in that transaction, in case something goes wrong you will not get any suport from us.

Something similiar to trading MA do not interfere in trades !

Reasons why not to buy or sell avatars as whole:

1. Trust scams : if you sell your avatar, you sell your ingame friends with it. And friends can do stupid stuff, like lend the new owner of your avatar stuff just because they think they know you.

2. Legal issues : Owner of the account can ALWAYS just contact MA and claim that his account was stolen, and with providing ID copy, he can get it back.

3. Loss of income for MA and other players: As chipping out and and in costs implants, lets say 10k ped tt worth of skills, to get em he uses 10k ped tt ESIS, and receives 9k of chips in tt, and those are being implented in some third avatar so MA gets these 10k peds, other players (those who looted these ESIs, are losing on markup, so on 10k ped tt of ESIS, about 80 000 ped worth of money missing)

4. You never know what you get, as there is no way to see what other avatar is holding or how he got em, it is impossible to value one avatar and buy it. Lets say i sell Avatar for 10k peds, while i have 100k worth of stuff on me, you get it, i get my money, and boom, avatar banned due to previous scams.

So to conclude, in RCE it is very risky business and i wouldnt trade with anyone who has gone through that kind of trade, just to be sure.

Reasons why not to buy or sell avatars as whole:

1. Trust scams : if you sell your avatar, you sell your ingame friends with it. And friends can do stupid stuff, like lend the new owner of your avatar stuff just because they think they know you.

2. Legal issues : Owner of the account can ALWAYS just contact MA and claim that his account was stolen, and with providing ID copy, he can get it back.

3. Loss of income for MA and other players: As chipping out and and in costs implants, lets say 10k ped tt worth of skills, to get em he uses 10k ped tt ESIS, and receives 9k of chips in tt, and those are being implented in some third avatar so MA gets these 10k peds, other players (those who looted these ESIs, are losing on markup, so on 10k ped tt of ESIS, about 80 000 ped worth of money missing)

4. You never know what you get, as there is no way to see what other avatar is holding or how he got em, it is impossible to value one avatar and buy it. Lets say i sell Avatar for 10k peds, while i have 100k worth of stuff on me, you get it, i get my money, and boom, avatar banned due to previous scams.

So to conclude, in RCE it is very risky business and i wouldnt trade with anyone who has gone through that kind of trade, just to be sure.

1, first you can remove all you friends from youre in game list so there is noway for the new owner to know who youre friends are ( no friends of mine will land me any thing if they dont hear how much you want for colateral ? they know i never barow whith out colateral)

2, the new owner can just then send copy of contract made between the two party at the moment of the transaction ( btw if i sold my caracter before i made transfer i will ask the buyer to provide valid ID so i can change personal info of the account)

3, ireelevant

4, usualy avatars are traded only for 'name' and skills i doubt any one will ever trade caracter whith items on him. Why do something like that you can sell item rather easy and just take peds out.

I know ppl that purchased two caracters and i did not see any issue hapening whith both of them.

I doubt ppl will buy caracters that are not well know by the comunity for while. At least i wont simple ex i wont buy youre caracter but i will buy Star or Mini.

Back