Help: Hunting for descent mark up

sirchadwick

Provider
Society
Benevolence
Sylva Kyra Minor
I am currently at level 6 in laser sniper. What would be the best mob to hunt for a descent markup?

I am currently at level 6 in laser sniper. What would be the best mob to hunt for a descent markup?

Let me jump in here before this thread goes off the rails. A few points:

1. You're asking the right question.

2. I'm not sure at L6 Sniper there is a mob that has a decent markup.

3. Players are going to say that changes to the loot dynamic have made it so there are very few mobs that have markup regardless of level.

4. If you can't find a mob with a decent markup then try to hunt as efficiently as possible. Minimize decay. Minimize the PEDs you spend healing. Use the right rifle for your level.

What Thoreau said.

And; people are quiet about what mobs have high average markup, because if they told everyone, the markup on the loot would crash. Log your loots on different mobs and see what works best for you.

anything that drops muscle oil and some L guns.. shinkiba come to mind.. try west of twin peaks

Thanks guys. I realize it seems I am asking for trade secrets. I have mostly been hunting just to increase skills and managing to come out a little bit ahead every time so I guess I am doing something right.This game is so massive that you can find yourself doing the wrong thing at the wrong time before you even realize it but then again that is what I am loving most about it the challenge. Thanks for the quick feedback

So far you've received good advice here.

At level 6, the biggest thing you want to avoid is moving to higher level mobs too soon. In general, I base what level mobs to hunt by being sure to hunt below my Evader level.

The goal is to spend as little money to kill a monster as possible at low levels. Punies are going to only give ammo and shrapnel with occasional low level (L) weapons.

When you're able to move up to level 3 and 4 mobs (I'd recommend at least Evader level 4), you'll start to see animal muscle oil which usually has 8-12% markup.

Based on your questions, I have a feeling you'll be a good hunter.

When you're able to move up to level 3 and 4 mobs (I'd recommend at least Evader level 4), you'll start to see animal muscle oil which usually has 8-12% markup.

Normally, I would avoid using these terms because...its risky...and might lead newcomers into looking at the L numbers at the top of a mob and think its okay to hunt something...only to find out its a big fat wrong choice (after having wasted shots on it too).

My suggestion is instead for you to either find out the HP of the mob first....via entropiawiki.com or scanning the mob (HP = Stamina x 10).

Compare it with your weapon to find out "roughly" how many shots it will take to kill it (with your weapon).

Do a dry run test (without shooting at it) to see how often it hits you and for how much...to determine whether you can withstand enough hits before you take it down.

If you can...then good for you.

If you can't....then consider using appropriate armors and plates to relieve some of the damage...as well as the right weapon to take it down faster.

When hunting...its always a question of whether you have the right "tools" for the job. ;)

Halix on arkadia.

Use the tt pistol + z2shinkadus from gold pack

2.99 dpp with 5 dps

Halix hide goes for 110% minimum
Halix tail goes for 4,000% on orders often
Halix drops muscle oils which sell for 110% on auction

Welcome to arkadia :)

personally i think there are 3 good low level markup mobs mid and high level mobs will be up to you to find
on caly most punys drop the b101 and alot of guns that have close to 1k markup hardish to sell but worth it
arkadia has halix my favorite mob,its hide goes bewtween 110-17% mu as well as a 3.4kmu tail
rocktroppia probably the best consistent mu mob android vixens drops an item every 13 ish kills on average which has a 1k mu

if you stay on calypso , muscle oil is your best chance at that level . best bet would be daikiba\shinkiba , bercycled then later the small kerberos witch for me dropped the most muscle % in loot

Thanks for the help. Some great info. I'm still learning hopped over to arkadia to check out hunting there wish me luck.

Thanks for the help. Some great info. I'm still learning hopped over to arkadia to check out hunting there wish me luck.

Send me a pm in game if u need any help!

Lil swampy monster.

Monrua is also a good mob initially , it rewards ammo instead of skill.

My advise for you is the following.

Look at the loot distribution ie what % of materials / items drop. For instance atm a small 100hp mob on the right planet can drop a high % of extractors/paint can per ped cycled then say a 1000hp mob. Some of these extractors and paint cans have high mu.

Look at the what drops on the balancer loot as i call it. This is not so much a global or hof but the added multiplier. For instance a 0.5ped mob this can be a 5 to 10 ped. Does this have mu. For instance on a small mob this is animal muscle oil which at present 110%. On a higher lvl creature it could animal eye oil which is much less mu.

Dont go on a mob hopeing to get a ul item esi or some high mu guns if the standard loot has no mu. Done this some many times and lost my ass off. This mainly applies to you if your on a budget. Im also going to add to this and say dont go looking for hofs or globals, sometimes on many small mobs iv gone days without any but had fairly stable loot. Not going to comment on my crafting though as i tend to overlook the looking for globals and hofs :(.

Stack your items as much as you can to save on auction fees or where possible sell directly to someone to save on these. If you ran out of ped and got items stacked dont tt them or sell at a lower % because of the auction fee. Call it a day and find a mob which you can skill evade or dodge on.

If on other planets you might need to come back to caly to sell things so i might suggest useing a transport service that normally runs every night. Again to offset the costs you need to stack you items or materials or sell at such a price on the planet your on that someone from caly might buy it. The delivery fee you must also keep in mind what the buyer has to pay when working out your pricing.

Keep you decay costs low. find a planet where you can skill evade or dodge on a noob mob where you dont die straight away. Their is mobs at present even a noob could sweat for as long as it takes to go dry on both dodge and evade which are 50hp and 60hp and the higher the hp the more chance getting those defence skills. Its very possible to keep decay at 1% on the mobs you will be hunting through a number of tactics either through a ranged weapon or the right selection of armor that you still take hits that are not 1hp hit but above. If you get this right your evade lvl and natural regen will basicly take over and you dont need to fap saveing even more costs.

Use the right gun for your lvl. One of the most important. Make sure you can fully use the gun and you know the dmg to pec. Factor in what weapon will be suitable for the mob your hunting. For instance oro on ark has a very fast attack rate and high damage for its hp lvl so you might want to use a ranged weapon. Feffoids on caly (at my present evade lvl) hardly hit so in my situation you might want to use a ranged weapon for tagging and a melee weapon as a main weapon. I could carry on with this but I keep it short and simple.

While you asked for help on hunting mu these are all factors you got to consider, Because even if you do find mu you also can lose it just as quickly through not well thought out plans like movement of it, your own decay,etc. As for pointing you in the direction where mu is theirs plenty tools and websites on what mob drops what not. But I feel telling you a mob wont do you any good and that you have to go out their and find the mu to learn anything.

Last edited:
Once you spell "decent" correctly, I will give you an answer. ( it's combibo's)

No combibos are not it. As I am a higher level now I go for Argos or the little Eudorian devils. Kerbies used to be good but Boreas is too crowded these days. As for the funny remark it is called autocorrect, one of the dumbest smartphone ideas ever thought of. Of course from reading some of your other posts I don't expect you to know about that. Anyway to get to the point I pressed on and persevered and found the answer to my own question but I do appreciate your input and suggestions. BTW, has anyone ever considered Fort Isis or is it too mixed, just wondering is all. And Eden, I'm not sure if your joking or being a smartass but either way I got a laugh out of it

No combibos are not it. As I am a higher level now I go for Argos or the little Eudorian devils. Kerbies used to be good but Boreas is too crowded these days. As for the funny remark it is called autocorrect, one of the dumbest smartphone ideas ever thought of. Of course from reading some of your other posts I don't expect you to know about that. Anyway to get to the point I pressed on and persevered and found the answer to my own question but I do appreciate your input and suggestions. BTW, has anyone ever considered Fort Isis or is it too mixed, just wondering is all. And Eden, I'm not sure if your joking or being a smartass but either way I got a laugh out of it

1. Go UL (LR S1X1 + A101 or Xent X2/X3 + A102)
  2. Move to Rocktropia.
  3. Vixens > Vixen Gears > 1000% mu
  4. Wolves > cant remember > good mu
  5. Build up your bankroll.
  6. Move to something bigger.
  7. Gather PED like a champ.
  8. Dont waste it on women.
  9. Well maybe some.
  10. :yup:

...people are quiet about what mobs have high average markup, because if they told everyone, the markup on the loot would crash.

Get all of your buddies, make big teams, load up your Opalos and run around north of Fort Troy blasting Caperons for Large magic mushrooms! They have amazeballs markup! Just check out how many are on auction! Everyone should be hunting them all the time! You go Nao! Make lotz of golds! :yay:

Try Berycled at Sharpclaw Ridge. Stay on the outside otherwise you'll be swarmed. Alternatively try Foul at the good location listed in Creatures.

One of those two mobs might well work out for you, but remember everyone has bad days, so if its not working try the next day.

There are other options such as Cornundacauda, Atrax, Argonaut, eventually you find something that you're happy with.

Good luck and keep shooting!

Last edited:
Back