• Arkadia

Votes: 69 54.3%

• Total voters

Rocket192

Elite
Society
Classified
Sean Rocket Connors
As I'm starting to get back into hunting, which planet to players believe to be the best for overall enjoyment and markup potential?

Do peds last longer on ark or calypso? Assuming mid-level hunting.. 500-900hp mobs.

Earlier today, there were still six planets and several planetoids in the universe. What changed since then?

(edit: voted Calypso. Lots of mobs of the level referred in the OP can be hunted naked, no way I could do that on Ark)

Earlier today, there were still six planets and several planetoids in the universe. What changed since then?

Lack of consistent economy.. Unless taking loots back to caly to sell..

The pool is ark v. Caly, I've never been a fan of the other planets.

I regularly hunt on both planets. I grind Tiarak a lot on Arkadia for the hides which I use rather than sell. I like a lot of the Mobs on Ark and up until last week I would have said that peds seem to last longer on Ark. However last weekend after a terrible 2 weeks of loot on Caly I decided to take a tour and spent a day on Cyrene and 2 days on Ark, the result was the loot was just as appalling as it had been on Caly so I cam back to Caly where I continue to have very bad returns. I presume I am in a very bad loot swing which seems to be an annual occurrence for me at this time of the year.

In conclusion I really don't think what planet you are on makes much difference but I have noticed that if you pick a particular mob and grind it for a while and by a while I mean at least 3 hours a day for a couple of weeks the peds seem to last longer.

On a further note even though you didn't mention Cyrene, I am very impressed with it since the terrain changed. The old Cyrene was a pain to hunt on because of all the peaks and troughs in the landscape. It has now been all flattened out and the mobs are concentrated in small pockets and none are mixed spawns. Spend a couple of days there and you might be impressed, the website "Cyrene Secrets" is also excellent with an interactive map that gives you all the info you need.

Honestly, if you're talking about normal hunting, I prefer Arkadia.

If you are a fan of "events", you'll find more on Calypso.

This is why I'm currently on Arkadia.

Lack of consistent economy.. Unless taking loots back to caly to sell..

The pool is ark v. Caly, I've never been a fan of the other planets.

go to rocktropia then, it is very fun! :)

Arkadia. Period

I say whatever planet suits your enjoyment. I've visited every planet, apart from FOMA, CP, Monria etc. I always go back to RT for Mining, Calypso for Hunting and Arkadia for adventures. At the moment I'm in a hunting mood so I go to Calypso and remain till my enjoyment takes me elsewhere.

Calypso

to short :yay:

Hunt on a planet where the Dev team drops by to talk to the players.... Sometimes even the CEO

ARKADIA FTW!

Reactions: Sal
Personally my loot has always been better on Caly. I like hunting on both, but if I had to choose, it would be Caly. I have no facts to back up my opinion with, I just like it slightly better on Caly for the time being :p

Just pointing out that this poll is posted on PCF (Planet Calypso Forums).

Potential bias? More than likely.

Just pointing out that this poll is posted on PCF (Planet Calypso Forums).

Potential bias? More than likely.

pfffft please... just because it's called "Planet Calypso Forums" now, doesn't mean it's not the main community forums as it always has been! Calypso bought it! it WAS "Entropia Forums" until we were all sold off without any say in the matter and forced to follow whatever rules they decide to impose on us here vs. starting over on the old domain without any of the content we contributed!!!... talk about bias :grumble:

anyway, to give a non-bias answer from a 95% Calypso inhabitant... Hunt Ark mobs on Calypso!
aawww, but that's not possible! damn, that's what I wanna do!:ahh:

If I had to choose I would always pick calypso. Its the best developed planet here with the highest population and the biggest market. I don't care too much about other planets , they nice to visit once in a while but if a black hole sucks them in tomorrow I would only cry if it was calypso that's gone.

Just one example, all planets got tameable pets but only on caly you can find this rare pets that can make you a few ped's if you lucky. All the cool and new stuff is on calypso. Mindark favours calypso over any other planet.

I don't see any reasons beyond personal taste of art style , storyline and friend circles to leave calypso for more than a few days in a month.

Picked Calypso, so much easier to cycle your loots in AH in a day or two to get back out hunting, Arkadia takes week or two for sales to get picked up and usually at much lower MU for most stuff, in my personal experience.

I think it is completely due to player base being larger on Calypso so there are more people willing to bite on markups where you rely on on a few people on lower populated planets to pick stuff up for any markups.

I occasionally go to Arkadia to hunt and try to sell there but eventually 90% or more of my looted stuff finds it's way back to Calypso to get sold because I get tired of paying AH fee's or standing for days shouting to not sell anything. Just no demand for most of the loot on Arkadia, because no big demand for alot of crafting because all the big crafters ground out all the unique bp's so no need to craft non-stop. I believe weapons got so eco and to many items drop in loot to make crafting going on a regular basis, so most mats are not worth buying constantly. About only time non calypso planets get lots of loot sells is when they add new bp's for the big crafters to got there and try to gather them all up as fast as they can, which causes them to go on a buying spree of mats.

The only reason Calypso seems to have constant sales is because pure amount of people here and a lot of gambling crafters compared to other planets. No matter what it will be hard to get most people to change planets for any length of time because Calypso just seems to always be the trading hub, for all planet materials. Heck I bring other planet stuff to Calypso and it sells faster then Calypso stuff. But dealing with stupid space keeps me mostly grounded on Calypso, hunting on Calypso, with an occasional outing on another planet.

Just my opinion on the matter.

Mid lvl hunting, 500-900hp? That must be very low lvl hunting

Calypso, because i'm too lazy to bother with spaceflight.

Arkadia - For the Win In Numerouse Ways

The Development Team and CEO Drop in and are active on the planet - there are Officials that setup events and assist the community.

There are Arkadia Advisors around to assist new players

There are NUMEROUSE Rewards Events on planet As well as NUMEROUSE DNA Bounties.

Kadra and Heun stage 5 Rewards as a ped payout from sanc cove owner.

Big Industries rewards on 8 Coins and ongkra Valley - Khorum Coast

Dna Bounties on numerouse mobs

Oh and Ned Kelly Suggler is a funny guy as well ;)

Calypso because I love mobs that include acid damage and I guess Calypso has the most of them.

Glancing on the votes I'm slightly impressed how many Arkadia has gathered and that on a calypso forum.
This leave the question why is ark so under populated ?

my question would be how many sell their arkadia shit on caly ? and how many will reconsider after the no logout implementation

upload_2015-3-29_14-8-25-png.863

Or Come on a SMuggler weekend as well ;)

Ark isnt under populated you will see that people are going about there activities most of the time be that hunting or mining ;) yes the quarry can get busy but a smaller planet means you know who to go to to get rid of stuff and trade also with global trrade chanels you dont need to hang around one area selling your wares.

my question would be how many sell their arkadia shit on caly ? and how many will reconsider after the no logout implementation

Sure it isn't the thorifoid helm exploit that's going? Removing logout would screw space hunting and repairing up. The place would become completely dead.

This was hard. I think I favor Calypso for the bigger mobs and Arkadia for the small-medium mobs. And I don't think Arkadia is under-populated, although more is always better. I'll pick Calypso for the poll though since I give favor to my home planet.

Glancing on the votes I'm slightly impressed how many Arkadia has gathered and that on a calypso forum.

A lot of players don't live on calypso. They live in entropia universe. And this is not a calypsoforum. This is entropiaforum.

Caly for my, has more variety IMO. Arkadia is next. All the other planets pretty much are dead although at times I like Toulan and get some globals over there with the Thawrs

1. Lootable space
2. Not having an event every 5 minutes.

Back