Help: Rextelum armor?

Society
Apocalyptic
Whining Skeptic Aboard
Heya,

Since Rex have two attacks, entropedia doesn't help very much. So far I've been using lich + pulsar 10 which is enough to solo up to Devastator and survive A single hit from every maturity above. However, the ass dagger attack hurts and will one hit me from maturities above Queen.

Any ideas?

I've seen ton of people surviving bigger maturities, but no response in local and don't wish to bother them through PM.

I'd preferably spend below 5.000 on an UL armor set and below 2,000 on a limited. Thanks in advance.

The ass stinger attack is pretty rough on higher maturities regardless of the armor you use but the attack does impact and acid therefore your best bet for (L) armor would be perseus. As for UL in that price range the protection won't cut it. I use shadow and 5bs at the Rex wave and still get hit for up to 200+ from marauders and slayers.

Merry mayhem sound like a cool choice, but way over your price range, aquila can be an alternative but yet not strong enough, sentinel can be considered but above your budget too, best just stick to a good old mid lvl armor around, jaguar? tiger?

The ass stinger attack is pretty rough on higher maturities regardless of the armor you use but the attack does impact and acid therefore your best bet for (L) armor would be perseus. As for UL in that price range the protection won't cut it. I use shadow and 5bs at the Rex wave and still get hit for up to 200+ from marauders and slayers.

Thanks for input.

The main issue I have is that I die a lot when trying to take the lead in the waves between 5-8 or so, untilthere is a big bunch of people around the event area. I'll look into Perseus, as decay is not huge due to the extreme firepower later on. Guess I could have a few sets ready, lower decay for lower maturities where I take a lot of beating, Perseus for the middle and something with s boost for the last ones where I get one hitted anyways...

My HP is currently very low, which doesn't help...,

Merry mayhem sound like a cool choice, but way over your price range, aquila can be an alternative but yet not strong enough, sentinel can be considered but above your budget too, best just stick to a good old mid lvl armor around, jaguar? tiger?

Hmm..

What if we raise budget for UL to 10k + limited plates? Would that help? No MM for that, but perhaps a few more options?

Hmm..

What if we raise budget for UL to 10k + limited plates? Would that help? No MM for that, but perhaps a few more options?

unfortunately i dont have any kind of armor coming to mind right now maybe dune rider but still, i'd rather get aquila L for mid maturity or perseus OR rutuba L for the high maturity. unlimited version of a jaguar can probably do the trick for the lowest mat

there might be a more experienced rextelum hunter out there that can help you out

Info from MA:
http://www.planetcalypso.com/news/pages/2012/12/04/4272
Damage increased a bit on Weak-Strong. The new damage is added as Stab, and the higher maturities have had some of their Cut damage transferred to Stab. Damage split is now roughly 60% Cut, 20% Impact and 20% Stab, but varies a bit between maturities. The secondary attack (stinger attack) has had some of the Acid damage transferred to Impact damage (total damage remains the same).
So you need something with alot of impact and cut protection.

I use Mayhem/aquila + 5b and i still fear the big ones xD

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to handle them ok with Angel + 5B's. The high end hits didn't tend to come in that often.

Took a look on entropedia; seems like Perseus or chronicle with acid plates are my best choices at the moment if I haven't missed anything.

I am guessing the UL sets costs a load, so will try out the L sets.

Took a look on entropedia; seems like Perseus or chronicle with acid plates are my best choices at the moment if I haven't missed anything.

I am guessing the UL sets costs a load, so will try out the L sets.

You can get Perseus UL now? Loved that armour.

Sentinel + acid plates would be a very good option to protect against the stinger attack but I'm not sure how it would fair against the ordinary cut stab attack. It might be worth a try or at least added into a perseus set since the parts will be lower markup than perseus.

Good luck
Azzah

Back