Now mining is fooked, what should i do?

Ace Flyster

Marauder
Dave Ace Flyster
As the title says, i only mined for profit, now that has gone for me, what shall i do?

All suggestions are welcome.

I am currently trying out punies to see what kind of return i get, and see if bone samples and blazars help the breakeven.

I will also be looking at crafting options, I have all component bps, but the difficultly with that is large ped card needed and i only have 5.5k ped ish.

OR just continue to skill my lowest proffessions on punies, that is fun, mindforce is up a lot, and i got a long way to go on brawler and few others.

Anyways, this is a genuine ask?

All posts are welcome.

Rgds

Ace

I took a break from mining for about 1.5 years. I sold all my ores and converted my mining ped cushion to CLD. After that I started doing low level hunting mission chains (not puny, lowest was halix and highest was argo bronze). Occasionally I had to balance the hunting loss with CLD gains, which where more than enough. My hunting skills went up a lot and I got a few unlocks.

At the end I was very eager to go back to mining, I like it much more.

Last edited:
have fun with punny :p with 5.5k can take forever to ma mess up you

have fun with punny :p with 5.5k can take forever to ma mess up you

Punies do seem a great cheapish way to skill :) If you have the patience for them, which i seem to :cool:

Rgds

Ace

Start crafting.

You should have some crafting skills already from mining.

Start crafting.

You should have some crafting skills already from mining.

I have done quite a lot of crafting in the past, so will potentially look into this again.

Might get the old crafting spreadsheet out, and start trollling through the pages.

Rgds

Ace

Keep mining amped on your best areas only. U get few % less MU but compensate with greater turnover. On some grounds even lvl13 amps are option now.

No, there are not any grounds where lvl13 is an (reasonable) option.

I would have to agree with this, i cannot see where lvl 13 mining would ever be reasonable?

Rgds

Ace

I agree, here is the result of MA's hard work.

claims.jpg

12 Claims total in 2h time, kinda made me laugh.

I agree, here is the result of MA's hard work.

claims.jpg

12 Claims total in 2h time, kinda made me laugh.

Wow thats not normal.

To Ace - Just wait a few days and take part in the crafting event - Hit 200 ped global on expl ammo... :silly2::silly2:

Don't worry Ace, i think we may see a rebalance next VU.... I suspect VU delay could be down to unexpected results of previous changes. Could be wrong ofc, but surely can't continue on paths we are on.

Wow thats not normal.

To Ace - Just wait a few days and take part in the crafting event - Hit 200 ped global on expl ammo... :silly2::silly2:

Don't worry Ace, i think we may see a rebalance next VU.... I suspect VU delay could be down to unexpected results of previous changes. Could be wrong ofc, but surely can't continue on paths we are on.

I was thinking the same, i think MA might be introducing a lot of changes the next VU. More than happy to wait and see what they do. :)

Rgds

Ace

I will not be making any rash decisions, i have been in PE since 2005, and here to stay; i just need to find my way :)

Rgds

Ace

I will not be making any rash decisions, i have been in PE since 2005, and here to stay; i just need to find my way :)

Rgds

Ace

I also think they'll be making some changes, however the silence they constantly make makes this have a dark ambience at times hehe.

I guess at the end of the day, this game is still mostly just for socializing :D like we are now! So whatever you choose, as long as you're having a fine time with your ingame mates, you'll be fine :)

Is that you, using level13 amps? If so ouch :(

Rgds

Ace

Nah that's not me, that's the current state of the Universe, total of 12 claims server wide in 2h, just shows the reduction of mining due to the markup crash.

Wow thats not normal.

Actually, from my experience it's completely normal. In my years mining I found mining comes in waves - can last a week or so up or down. The last week has been quite good so I was expecting a downturn for a few days at least.

Actually, from my experience it's completely normal. In my years mining I found mining comes in waves - can last a week or so up or down. The last week has been quite good so I was expecting a downturn for a few days at least.

Bare in mind it's normal for 1 ava, but for everyone combined to get that result... well u know. :)

Bare in mind it's normal for 1 ava, but for everyone combined to get that result... well u know. :)

I think the fact that an event is starting in a few hours, also make it less likely to have regular activity before it.

That being said, MU has likely something to do with it too.

Looks like the downturn was brief, the system was just saving up for a 17K Sweetstuff on FOMA :D

Nah that's not me, that's the current state of the Universe, total of 12 claims server wide in 2h, just shows the reduction of mining due to the markup crash.

9:00am - 11:00am MA time is when a lot of people are at work, run that comparison at 18:00 - 20:00 ;)

Mining isn't f*cked.. it's just more competitive, and more difficult.. and the lower markups get of the majority of resources the better it is for me honestly.. I haven't seen an easier time mining than now.. I only need 113% markup to break even on a lvl 5 amp..

By consistently hitting 120-125%, and sometimes better.. I can profit even on runs with 80% returns..

These are good times for me, bad times for economy, and hopefully good times for crafting coming.

However, the sooner big amp miners go broke from the lack of markup, the better it is for everyone.

I too was lost - as I was feeling everything was fooked due to how much I was spending - but doing the "normal" activities I had been doing for last 1-2 years. I took Narfari's advice (and slightly altered it) and completed the puny mission. It wasn't too bad - but didn't get a lot of bones and the skill bonus wasn't much either. Now I am hunting Android Vixens on RT naked with (L) noob guns for gears with approx 1200% mu (at 1 pec each)
I always liked mining and did it more of a break after a lot of hunting (get "tired" of killing stuff) But recently I really have a hard time with it. I almost NEVER global - which I know isn't key to profit - but it makes it less exciting. I can go hunt and global in 20mins to 1 hour sometimes. I go mining and won't global... like ever unamped - or small global with a large amp (terra 6 + ) Also, I always liked enmatter and mu on most of that is worse than ever.

So some suggestions of other activities to take a break from mining = taming - I have found this entertaining and cheap. I'm sure you find sweet stuff easy - and go on some walks for fruit (if u can stand that)
Try and collect some combat tokens - maybe there is something you would want to trade them for. You can do the Maffoid waves pretty easy and the Daikiba waves - with the help of a person or two.

Dunno what else at the moment. I hope you find ur way - I know how it is man big time. I've lost my way again with a quickness after a month of big deposits and little to show for it. I have recently.... wait for it... INSTALLED ANOTHER GAME .. oh no! Another MMO - so far it's fun and FREE, but I doubt the attraction will last long.

I too was lost - as I was feeling everything was fooked due to how much I was spending - but doing the "normal" activities I had been doing for last 1-2 years. I took Narfari's advice (and slightly altered it) and completed the puny mission. It wasn't too bad - but didn't get a lot of bones and the skill bonus wasn't much either. Now I am hunting Android Vixens on RT naked with (L) noob guns for gears with approx 1200% mu (at 1 pec each)
I always liked mining and did it more of a break after a lot of hunting (get "tired" of killing stuff) But recently I really have a hard time with it. I almost NEVER global - which I know isn't key to profit - but it makes it less exciting. I can go hunt and global in 20mins to 1 hour sometimes. I go mining and won't global... like ever unamped - or small global with a large amp (terra 6 + ) Also, I always liked enmatter and mu on most of that is worse than ever.

So some suggestions of other activities to take a break from mining = taming - I have found this entertaining and cheap. I'm sure you find sweet stuff easy - and go on some walks for fruit (if u can stand that)
Try and collect some combat tokens - maybe there is something you would want to trade them for. You can do the Maffoid waves pretty easy and the Daikiba waves - with the help of a person or two.

Dunno what else at the moment. I hope you find ur way - I know how it is man big time. I've lost my way again with a quickness after a month of big deposits and little to show for it. I have recently.... wait for it... INSTALLED ANOTHER GAME .. oh no! Another MMO - so far it's fun and FREE, but I doubt the attraction will last long.

Lots of good stuff there, ty!

Taming is definitely on the cards, and will look at combat tokens, some of the daily's might be worth it

Rgds

Ace

As the title says, i only mined for profit, now that has gone for me, what shall i do?

All suggestions are welcome.

I am currently trying out punies to see what kind of return i get, and see if bone samples and blazars help the breakeven.

I will also be looking at crafting options, I have all component bps, but the difficultly with that is large ped card needed and i only have 5.5k ped ish.

OR just continue to skill my lowest proffessions on punies, that is fun, mindforce is up a lot, and i got a long way to go on brawler and few others.

Anyways, this is a genuine ask?

All posts are welcome.

Rgds

Ace

Join us on the Normandie for repairskilling, i promise the loot returns on using a repairtool are 100% stable ;)
The cost per gamehour is also pretty low compared to mining, hunting or crafting and you can train a pet same time once you have it on lvl7 or you got an ancient daikiba/exarosaur :wtg:

...and i only have 5.5k ped ish.

This is interesting. It really puts into perspective the amount of £ / $ etc we are happy to put into to the game and having a 5.5k PED balance is far above and beyond the amount of PED I've ever had on my PED card at any one time.

I have of course over the years spent a great deal more but nowadays I don't add more than £20 - £30 quid for fear of the other half screaming at me for wasting precious pennies lol.

That amount of PED will go a long way. Take the advice others have shared about trying some of the puny missions and going back to basics. You're not losing a great deal and it's actually a lot of fun. No need for armour or heavy weaps, just grab an Opalo and run around in your orange suit and happy days.

I've found doing some of the daily missions on low mobs is a good way to make my little deposits last a while and they contribute to all the missions I have on the go while trying mobs I wouldn't normally hunt.

Maybe I'm going off course a bit but I guess it does prove you can "still" (for what of a better word) have fun in EU no matter what level you're comfortable spending / playing / participating etc.

This is interesting. It really puts into perspective the amount of £ / $ etc we are happy to put into to the game and having a 5.5k PED balance is far above and beyond the amount of PED I've ever had on my PED card at any one time.

I have of course over the years spent a great deal more but nowadays I don't add more than £20 - £30 quid for fear of the other half screaming at me for wasting precious pennies lol.

That amount of PED will go a long way. Take the advice others have shared about trying some of the puny missions and going back to basics. You're not losing a great deal and it's actually a lot of fun. No need for armour or heavy weaps, just grab an Opalo and run around in your orange suit and happy days.

I've found doing some of the daily missions on low mobs is a good way to make my little deposits last a while and they contribute to all the missions I have on the go while trying mobs I wouldn't normally hunt.

Maybe I'm going off course a bit but I guess it does prove you can "still" (for what of a better word) have fun in EU no matter what level you're comfortable spending / playing / participating etc.

Honestly I dislike having any more than 10k ped in game.. I'm trying to get past that and invest a bit, but it's hard without any transparency or safeties to combat the risks.

Have you considered jogging?

If you haven't traveled much I suggest checking out each of the planets and doing all the lower level missions. Maybe spend a week or two on each planet doing missions, getting TPS, checking out the towns, etc.

Back