Which gun

gwit

Prowler
Katielicious mallow (Kat)
I am sure I am missing something here but not sure what.

I am level 44 hit BLP and level 37 dmg. I like to hunt and try to stay around my evader level but occasionally stray off piste.

What I can't work out is this;

I know I should hunt within my "range" and I know I should use guns which are maxed and guns which are eco. What I can't work out is how the equation works in relation to mob class. For example a gun may be very eco but only do 2 dmg. It's usually far too weak for a lvl 15 mob and will take a lot of shots. Also if I use a weak gun I have to fap a lot.

A more powerful gun, lets say a Maddox IV will take the same mob down in say 15 shots, but everyone tells me that the Maddox is not eco, but I don't have to fap so much.

I guess what I am in a painful way getting to, is how do I work out the right gun for the right mob without going way too uneco?

Another part is should I use economy enhancers or skill enhancers?

Sorry for the confusion, but I am confused and thanks for any reply.

Level 100 guns are never an option unless you are level 90+ (100 better). Forget about them if you want to play eco.

Now, the right gun for the right mob:
  • If the mob regens a lot: get higher dps over better eco.
  • If you don't have the required armor: get something with long range.
  • Any other case: pretty much get the most eco gun to kill the thing in seconds and not minutes.

(L) or UL? If you play a lot (a looooooot) and you can afford one get an ul weapon. Otherwise stick to (L).

The eco-way is 90% common sense. You don't wanna be 5 minutes to kill one thing, that's too much armor and fap decay. Range is eco. Enhancers will eat your pedcard (probably). Always use the right Amplifier. Don't hunt over your level. Don't hunt taxed if possible. MU over Swirls, always.

Useful links:
http://www.entropiawiki.com/WeaponCompare.aspx
http://eldslott.org/entropia/

Thank you for the helpful reply. Is there a calculation I can use?

Thank you for the helpful reply. Is there a calculation I can use?

A calculation for what's considered eco? Any combo with 2.9+ damage/pec I would say it's already eco.

On the other hand, I rarely hunt anything higher level than my Evader profession.

Is there a calculation I can use?

You might want to try Entropia Armory.

If the mob you're interested in is not included there, you need to do a regen test and post data on entropedia (to my knowledge EA updates from entropedia on a regular basis).

1) Set an eco you don't want to go below, say 2.9 dmg/pec.
2) Search for the highest dps weapon that you can use and stay above that eco.
2a) Don't forget to include markup in your calculation.
3) Shoot with that weapon.
3a) If you're getting a lot of overkill, use a kill shot weapon.

Hunt to your evade level.. not dps. Rest is eco, skills, and markup.

Back