Land values.

mordeth

I am in the process of trying to buy a land. What is the easiest way to determine how much I should be willing to pay?

Noone really can answer this for you.

Output of LA definately depends on what you do with the LA.

Leaving it without fertilizer as pure mining LA, maybe with a few numbers young mobs from unfertilized DNA.
Fertalize it to provide higher maturity of the mob DNA installed as a clean spawn for bronze missions.
Organize regular events, dosn´t matter if its set at control tower, or some longer events (month based) at forums.

Such things have an impact of how much your LA is visited, and how much you will earn from it.

Beside that there are other things that should be considered.
Do you plan to buy your own TP for your LA or does one already exist.

LA prizes range starts from 100k (lately seen at auction = Ouro Island/Medusa)
Some LAs at Ark got sold for 150k
There is some good LAs around that surely will sell for 250-300k PED maybe even more.

Witch LA, what DNA, what improvements exist, location, ores that could be found there, so many things could have an impact on the value of an LA.

As said nobody can answer that for you, how much you should be willing to pay for a LA.

Before buying a landarea I would ask the owner for screenshots of recent daily payouts.
Whatever the reason a landowner has for selling the land, it probably won't be because it pays his rent in real life.
Ofcourse it could be because of lack of time, or just needing fast cash, but taking a look at the payouts gives you an idea of what to expect.

Next compare the payouts and the asking price to cld payouts and you can see if the asking price is fair.

for example: a landarea with a daily payout of 50 ped will have a weekly payout of 350 ped.

to get 350 ped with clds you would need 350/4 (current stable cld payout)= approx 88 clds

88 * 1500 ped (current cld price) = 132000 ped. Ofcourse this is a price before costs are deducted.

Is the landarea sold with dna, which dna, What are the fertilizer costs etc.

And if there are extra's like a tt terminal/repair, teleporter on the la or close to..

I can confirm some of the suggestions listed here too, expecially that a Land Area for sale is RARELY worth to be purchased!

Just an edit about Ark LAs, 150k was Arkoin TT needed, but there was a MU, variable during sales, that puts cheapest Ark LA from 165k to 200k ped without DNA. For sure not cheap but these lands come with Teleporter and global chat unlimited, without considering that there are way more DNA available than LA on Arkadia, contrary of what happens at Calypso.

My only suggestion is... buy with a project, not take the cheapest one aroud ;)

Good luck with your purchase!

Before buying a landarea I would ask the owner for screenshots of recent daily payouts.
Whatever the reason a landowner has for selling the land, it probably won't be because it pays his rent in real life.

Thats only half the truth.

Bad income of an LA could have many reasons. Often it is old owners fault that LA doesn´t generate the income he expects.
Just buying an LA and do nothing but collecting tax, is fail.

If you look at some LAs at Caly exactly this is the case: No fertilizer, no events, no advertising, no work done to get income up. Just sitting on the deed and hope to get some income for nothing done!

If buyer plans to do this, evey LA is the wrong LA, as LA operation needs some time and ideas aswell as advertising.
If you just want to lay back and collect income, its better to buy CLDs instead LA.

Back