FYI: New forum section: Creatures

Site Admin
Admin
A new Creatures forum section has been added containing detailed information about the multitude of creatures and robots that can be found on Planet Calypso. Each creature type is featured in its own forum thread, and the forum section is sorted by alphabetical order of the creatures rather than by latest post, for easier navigation.

Huge thanks are in order to veteran PCF members Oleg and Mega for their efforts in collecting the large amount of data required and pulling together this new forum section.

Oleg and Mega will be the caretakers of the Creatures forum section and have moderator privileges there in order to manage things.

The former Bestiary forum section has been archived for historical reference, and is available in read-only mode as a sub-forum of the new Creatures forum section.

Once again, a big :thumbup: to Oleg and Mega for their hard work!

Hypnotyk, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Last edited by a moderator:
A new Creatures forum section has been added containing detailed information about the multitude of creatures and robots that can be found on Planet Calypso.
It doesn't seem to be accessible:
PlanetCalypsoForum Message said:
Haruto Rat, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Hypnotyk, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Wow you were fast!:tprun:

I was in the process of moving the new section over seconds after I made the announcement.

Should be working now :)

Wow you were fast!:tprun:

I was in the process of moving the new section over seconds after I made the announcement.

Should be working now :)

still doesn't work :(

Permissions should be corrected now. Please post here if any viewing/posting permissions seem incorrect in the new Creatures forum section.

Permissions should be corrected now. Please post here if any viewing/posting permissions seem incorrect in the new Creatures forum section.

working now :) thanks!

There is a Gratz button, maybe you used HoF section layout.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Massive thank you to oleg and mega!!!

Huge effort there guys, greatly appreciated.

Rgds

Ace

PS i dread to think how long this took ya

Thank you 711 :)

As you will see, the section still needs a lot of data adding, but we're working through this gradually and will continue to add as much info as we can. In the meantime the archived Bestiary is a useful resource for some of the missing information, and of course there is also Entropedia. Each mob page has links to the relevant pages on both of those.

We're aiming to only include information in Creatures that's been verified, which is why we haven't simply copied and pasted all the data from the Bestiary or Entropedia.

Now that we've gone live, we're hoping that forum members can help us to gather the information, so if you can contribute useful and verified information, please post in the creature threads. This could include, for example:

• Recent scans and pictures of missing mobs and maturities
  • Verified locations
  • Properly research damage tests, or links to tests already done (we know that a lot of this information already exists on the forum, it's just a matter of linking to it)

Please don't just quote data from Entropedia etc without checking it or without good reason to believe it is correct.

Any constructive comments, suggestions etc are welcomed.

awesome job, keep up the good work! :thumbup:

You Two are so awesome (also +rep to the mods)
I look forward to supplying you with some more data. This is one area I'm passionate about in EU.:tongue2:

Oleg has basically said everything I would say.

We wanted it to be available as soon as it had at least the bare minimum of useful data which we considered a picture, some scanned information and hopefully a 'decent' location.

We are just two people and whilst we have spent many years on Calypso, there are players who know locations and mob details unknown or forgotten to us, please submit what you are willing to share to help fill the missing gaps.

Entropedia is a great resource but there are some problems with editing information at the moment, we hope Creatures can be used in conjunction with it and often a forum is easier to share information and discuss the mob in question.

Finally I hope everyone finds the new section useful, many hours have been spent on it, and will continued to be spent on it in the future.

Thank you for all future contributions! :grouphug:

Massive thank you to oleg and mega!!!

Huge effort there guys, greatly appreciated.

Rgds

Ace

PS i dread to think how long this took ya
This!! :beerchug::woot:

From January 2015 to April 2015, I have been heavily involved with resurrecting the old 'Bestiary' that was deleted in December 2014.

In order to avoid confusion with the work already done by Akbar, it was given a new forum name of 'Creatures'

Due to 'irreconcilable differences' and other real life pressures, It is no longer possible for me to devote the time and energy to further update the Creatures section, although I retain moderator privileges for the time being.

I've enjoyed my time working on this section, and I wish any future maintainer all the best in maintaining and updating the work that has been done to this point and to whoever wishes to replace me in the co-moderator role.

If the role appeals, please contact Oleg, Serica or 711.

Viva Creatures! :bull:

<removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not up to speed on what prompted your decision to resign from the Creatures forum team, but I'd just like to extend thanks once again for your contributions to the PCF community with regard to the Creatures forum, Mega.

I'm not up to speed on what prompted your decision to resign from the Creatures forum team, but I'd just like to extend thanks once again for your contributions to the PCF community with regard to the Creatures forum, Mega.

Irreconcilable differences I'm afraid 711.

Still, the pictures look nice eh? Dont worry, I wont be deleting anything ;).

Someone else can carry on the job. Oleg has already got my replacement in place. :(

Last edited:
A little update on our progress with Creatures.

Firstly I've only just noticed that we never announced that Doer had joined us as a moderator, so thanks to him for volunteering and for the work he's done so far.

Most of the creature scan data is now in, and a number of spawn locations have been added. There are still gaps to fill, and probably always will be, so if you can help to fill in any of those please do so. There are also a small number of mobs that don't yet have a page, primarily the more unusual boss or event type mobs, which I hope we can get to soon.

We've spent the last couple of weeks working on entering as much information as possible on iron/grind-type missions. Again there are gaps so if you can help with those please post in the threads.

The current focus is on adding verified info on max damages, and you may have seen this thread where we're trying to gather data to help with that. If you can contribute to that I'd very much appreciate it.

A major task still to come is working on the damage types and distributions.

Thanks to everyone who's supported and contributed to the work so far.

Two more people have joined the Creatures team this week - welcome to San and Alainax and thanks for your help!

Alainax, as many of you will know, is a well-known space dweller, so will be our main source of expertise on the space mobs which terrestrials like me know little about :)

Alainax, as many of you will know, is a well-known space dweller, so will be our main source of expertise on the space mobs which terrestrials like me know little about :)

Thanks for inviting me to the team, I hope to be of use! :cool:

Congratulations San and Alainax!

Very good choices of players to keep Creatures forum section updated. :)

If you can undelete the Calamusoid Male and Female threads Oleg, I have good evidence they are both alive and well. ;)

calamusoid_female_24oct15.jpg

Female

calamusoid_male_24oct15.jpg

Male

princess_v_sor_24oct15.jpg

Princess V'Sor - (End of level 2 Boss)

The Female is L4, the Male is L6 and I was a bit too preoccupied to get the Princess L unfortunately.

Gauntlet Stage 2, by Camp Icarus TP - it is good fun & recommended! :thumbup:

Someone's gonna have to go back in to scan 'em. Oh and there are some L9 Marcimex in there too. :)

Last edited:
Thanks Mega. Unfortunately I'm not able to access Gauntlet Stage 2 so can't get further details myself. However I will resurrect the threads now that we at least have some pictures to put in them.

How did you get in there - I thought you had be under Level 10 or something to enter, am I wrong?

Thanks for all your hard work - I use this section all the time. It is much appreciated.

Thank you all for your great job!
People like you and efforts like this one making PCF something special for us :yup:

How did you get in there - I thought you had be under Level 10 or something to enter, am I wrong?

Looks like I misunderstood the restriction. I can access the area but can't take the mission associated with it. Mob stats added.

Looks like I misunderstood the restriction. I can access the area but can't take the mission associated with it. Mob stats added.

Well a couple of newish players wanted to do the Gauntlet, but it is (I think) designed for around 6 new players using opalo type weapons.

I half jokingly offered to go along with them as support shooter, but it soon turned out the instance really was intended for 6 or so. So had to use a slightly bigger weapon to make up for our lack of numbers.

I had completed part 1 a year ago, so knew it involved running around a simple maze destroying force doors and shooting some fairly low level mobs. Spoiler: [Warlock!] However, I had never started part 2, because I thought it would be the same again. I was wrong, it is a completely different experience - a place not unlike Troy with Calamusoid M and F & Marcimex.

I think the ability to enter Gauntlet may have changed in a recent VU, I've heard there is a 24 hour restriction on re-entering, I'm not sure if this is true or not, but you do need to be teamed.

It is fun though, so if you are feeling a bit jaded and want to try something a little different, perhaps helping a disciple - thats what it is there for. :)

Thanks to soLO 3000 for volunteering to join the Creatures mod team - he's already been making some useful updates :)

Back