Entropia Universe 15.2.0 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Features

• The Skills interface now displays the total amount of avatar skills, along with totals for each skill category.
  • The appearance of interface dialogs and confirmation boxes has been improved.
  • A new Pet Status interface has been implemented to track pet status and progress.
  • Pets can now be of various rarities, which can be viewed in the Pet Status interface.
  • A new resource called Animal Essence has been implemented that can be obtained by compressing the life energy of a pet. Animal Essence can only be obtained from tamed creatures, and is used to unlock various Taming system abilities and features.
  • The Pet Center management interface now allows Stable owners to select from a variety of pet buffs to offer to customers. Note that the variety and cost of the Pet Center buffs are subject to change in future releases based on balancing requirements.
  • Pets can now unlock passive abilities when certain criteria are met. Each tamable creature type has a different set of unlockable abilities, and only one ability can be activated at a time.
Changes

• To avoid confusion with similarly-named taming system effects, two existing Mindforce effects have been renamed. ‘Metabolic Acceleration’ now refers to increased pet food consumption. The avatar run-speed buff is now known simply as ‘Acceleration’. ‘Metabolic Deceleration’ now refers to decreased pet food consumption. The avatar run-speed debuff is now known as ‘Deceleration’.
  • Metabolic Acceleration Chip I has been renamed to Acceleration Chip I. Higher level mindforce chips imparting the Acceleration buff have been renamed similarly.
  • Metabolic Inhibition Chip I has been renamed to Deceleration Chip I. Higher level mindforce chips imparting the Deceleration buff have been renamed similarly.
  • Reimplemented several previously existing avatar emotes, including Vain, Feminine, Masculine, Sporty, Happy, Shy, and others.
  • Client launch has been optimized to reduce startup time.
  • Optimizations have been made to reduce load time of items placed in estates.
  • Death effect now only plays once when an avatar dies.
  • The Voice Chat system has been deactivated for technical reasons. A secondary effect of this change is that the maximum team size will now be 12 for all participants.
  • Based on data obtained from several stress tests performed during the past weeks, optimizations to the platform infrastructure have been implemented, with additional improvements which are planned in the coming releases. Thanks to everyone who assisted in these efforts by participating in the stress test events.
Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue causing distance to waypoints to flicker while in space.
  • Fixed an issue preventing pets from being summoned after teleporting.
  • Fixed an issue causing sticky notes to be cleared when the text length limit was exceeded.
MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

Plz fix bug turning on pvp in LG LAs after each server restart...

I can no longer spawn a level 9 panther on Arkadia. I get the message: "The pet can not be summoned on this planet."

How do you rename things wich newer existed?
There is only lvl 1 "acceleration" and "decceleration" (L) chips
There is no higher lvl acceleratoion and deceleration chips in EU.
Hey MA did you renamed lvl 50 healing chip wich do not exist too?

*we are waiting for more powerful higher lvl chips for years...

I can no longer spawn a level 9 panther on Arkadia. I get the message: "The pet can not be summoned on this planet."

You need to have a level 20 pet.. Everybody knows that.

and more seriously.. that sucks bigtime. I hope it's a bug and not what I wrote above ( a nerf)

"The Voice Chat system has been deactivated for technical reasons. A secondary effect of this change is that the maximum team size will now be 12 for all participants."

:confused:: wasn't it always like this?

DRM

Any stable owners online?

About to head to Port Atlantis stable, will update forum soon.

Select target is goon ? :scratch2:

so many months of waiting for a few pets buff? :-(

seems like there is noone left working for entropia universe, all gone to crappy pet apps

0 Bytes for Space - honestly some of the worst reportet bugs would only take a couple dozend bytes to fix - one developer hour invested in space to fix the worst and best documented bugs would have helped 'alot' to keep players happy up here.
Just to name a few:
- gunner profession check no longer performed (since 3 months now - it cant be so hard to reactivate a profession check that you have for every other profession ingame)
- weight limitation workarounds to allow unlimited cargo transport on equus quadwings (disabling stackabilty of antigrav boxes would have lead a long way there)
- mobs shielding each other in space leading to peds wasted for shots that dont hit (with larger hitboxes this wouldnt happen and its not like anyone could miss a mob 50 times bigger then an avatar at current possible traveling speeds) / bigger hitboxes would also help for mobs to not get stuck/blocked in each others bodies and enter 'unreachable' state while in space
- disable unreachable state for mobs in space - i mean in which tree do you expect us to trap the mobs up there ?
- disable mobs drowning in bluezones in space - they should just get relocated like it happens everywhere else when aggro is lost in space
- 5 second delay for opening the map after closing it - this would fix alot of the speed issues that are exploited in space

I could write a book of all the other fixes that are due for years, but the above were just the most important quick fixes which all could be done in one hours work easily.

Sounds innocuous so far. I do wonder if the taming and pet handling professions will be implemented at some point, though. I know they've "brought back taming", but it appears that the skill is all but useless e.g. even pygmy hogglo can be tamed by someone with essentially no skill.

This has been the trend for awhile in new content, and it's marginalizing the need for in-game skills. If i want a "free" game where everything is pay-per-DLC, there are many better options. Stick with your skills-based RPG please, MA.

The new windows burn my eyes. Take them away please!

Hard to read as well compared to the old ones. :yup:

Can't buy a gun on caly auction from ark and have it transfered to ark. Just get an empty window that I can't close :scratch2:

So in essence no relative changes to lets say... drowning mining economy etc..

Ofc... adding emotes, renaming chips, adding pet stuff, etc. is much more important :)

it appears that the skill is all but useless e.g. even pygmy hogglo can be tamed by someone with essentially no skill.

Higher skills should make it easier to tame though, no?

0 Bytes for Space - honestly some of the worst reportet bugs would only take a couple dozend bytes to fix - one developer hour invested in space to fix the worst and best documented bugs would have helped 'alot' to keep players happy up here.
Just to name a few:
- gunner profession check no longer performed (since 3 months now - it cant be so hard to reactivate a profession check that you have for every other profession ingame)
- weight limitation workarounds to allow unlimited cargo transport on equus quadwings (disabling stackabilty of antigrav boxes would have lead a long way there)
- mobs shielding each other in space leading to peds wasted for shots that dont hit (with larger hitboxes this wouldnt happen and its not like anyone could miss a mob 50 times bigger then an avatar at current possible traveling speeds) / bigger hitboxes would also help for mobs to not get stuck/blocked in each others bodies and enter 'unreachable' state while in space
- disable unreachable state for mobs in space - i mean in which tree do you expect us to trap the mobs up there ?
- disable mobs drowning in bluezones in space - they should just get relocated like it happens everywhere else when aggro is lost in space
- 5 second delay for opening the map after closing it - this would fix alot of the speed issues that are exploited in space

I could write a book of all the other fixes that are due for years, but the above were just the most important quick fixes which all could be done in one hours work easily.

Yup I really dont get it .
All these pets , can someone explain to me the point ?
yes I know its fun , but what does it actually give you ( apart from a 5 HP buff at what cost ?)
If I wanted to play a pet based game I would play another game.

There seems to be no attention given to bugs , just add more content again before fixing existing bugs and create more bugs in the process.

Higher skills should make it easier to tame though, no?

It's a one-time event that produces a pet good for n years. Making it a little easier or harder isn't going to cut it. If there's not a hard prof level requirement to have any success at all the skills for the profession are pointless.

Think about unlocking dead talk. You have to have a minimum skill level and then perform a resurrection. If anyone could achieve it at any level just by putting in a little more effort, it wouldn't be an achievement.

Last edited:
Yup I really dont get it .
All these pets , can someone explain to me the point ?
yes I know its fun , but what does it actually give you ( apart from a 5 HP buff at what cost ?)

There seems to be no attention given to bugs , just add more content again before fixing existing bugs and create more bugs in the process.

Judging by Mindark's announcments the primary goal is to establish an alternative plattform for users that can't fullfill the minimum requirements for EU, but participate in something conneted to Entropia's economy. It also can be seen as a marketing plattform for Entropia itself.

Tbh i find the calculations a bit overoptimistic, but maybe it works out well. Hard to say at this point of time, but every bit of revenue and income is good for Mindark and so good for the future of EU as well.

The point is to attract more participants to join EU. We need more people in EU. If you don't want pets, don't get pets, end of story.

If the pets give you buffs like extra HP, I'd say there's a whole load of point to pets for that alone. Even more so, if I'm not going too far with my assumptions, that when you tame bigger creatures you get increased buffs.

sugestion

woul be nice also to get some existing bug fixed, not just some adional options, what are not so important :(, pets are nice, and tnx for them, but they could stay at level they are at moment, as they are already ok, but PVP, and LG systems, and rules sucks big time, they need real improvements- not hard, but needed, as this part of game is a bit shit at moment, LG are mission impossible, cos of huge claim quarding area, and safe spots inside PK area.
PVP , hiding in mobs, ans select target thing also a bit annoying.

Its fact that Nebula virus use some auto aim, in space , I think nobody has doubt about that, but looks like nothing can be done -- etc..

But YEEEE, we have new pets now :D :D lol :yay::yay::yay::eyecrazy:
WTF we need them ?:scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

The point is to attract more participants to join EU. We need more people in EU. If you don't want pets, don't get pets, end of story.

If the pets give you buffs like extra HP, I'd say there's a whole load of point to pets for that alone. Even more so, if I'm not going too far with my assumptions, that when you tame bigger creatures you get increased buffs.

Maybe yeah , but that 5 HP is temporary isnt it .

Now if pets could , loot for you , kill for you , defend you , then we may be onto something.
(this already happens in wow by the way and warlock imps give extra HP)

It just seems that EU is off track here.

and again MA PLEASE FIX THE BUGS!!!

Buying items from other planets auction is bugged, item not placed in inventory and displays a blank window with no options, needing relog for it disapear

I'll start the whining..

Too much pet garbage, not enough core gameplay/economy changes. Still waiting on a crafting overhaul.

I'll start the whining..

Too much pet garbage, not enough core gameplay/economy changes. Still waiting on a crafting overhaul.

I don't get it. What sort of overhaul are you looking for?

I don't get it. What sort of overhaul are you looking for?
Something that makes crafting more useful I suspect. Like crafted stuff that is better than the stuff that drops. Stuff that crafters will start buying mining/hunting materials for so the mu goes back uP so there is a reason to keep mining and hunting.

Absolutely against player buffs gained from PETs !!!

I don´t want to be forced to tame PETs to have equal chances in PvP situations.

Hard enough to get fighting skills, HP and PvP gear together, if I now will be forced to waste tons of PED to tame PETs to get some buff advantages to be competitive in PvP its not what I want.

Think many PvPers see it like I do.

PETs is a nice addition for those who like doing it.
Let them fight PET vs PET in arenas (thats what is planed by MA, at least I understood it like that), and to be honest thats all what PETs should do.

Well old usage of PETs as advertising platform (name it with advert slogan) and place it at crowded places, why not, but no buffs for players from PETs!!! No NO No please not that shit!

Edit:
Oh damit, just learned this is already in place, stupid move imho.
Anyways need to adapt, stay out of PvP for the rest of my EU life.

Last edited:
Back