Question: Unlocking passive buff in pets

Kombinator

Marauder
Society
CCCP
Velikii Komby Kombinator
So how do we go about unlocking the passive buff in pets? I understand it requires some amount of the new animal essence, but how do we actually pass it on to the pet, is it just drag and drop the essence onto it, or is it done via a stable interface or some other way?

I want to know this too

So how do we go about unlocking the passive buff in pets? I understand it requires some amount of the new animal essence, but how do we actually pass it on to the pet, is it just drag and drop the essence onto it, or is it done via a stable interface or some other way?

You need:
- to reach level required for the unlock
- increase the unlock progress bar on the particular buff (tbh no idea how it is done - on my pet it was 0% then i spawned it for 2minutes - still 0% then after next 5 minutes it was 100%... - so my guess just spawn it and do few tricks)
- have enough amount of peds on ped card + animal essence + rare essence (if required) in you inventory and you can click "unlock"

then it turns to activate/deactive buff button.

Falagor
:bandit:

OK, so it seems the question is how do you increase the unlock progress?

My pet is at a level it needs to be, so once I get the essence required just spawn it and wait...or do tricks for a bit...or is there more to it?

Some more info on this subject...

I got this nice Silver bunny - it has two passive buffs:
- pet focus +10%
- acceleration +12%

I was using only Dance trick and:
- pet focus got to 50% unlock (and it got stuck there)
- acceleration got to 100% unlock

Then i tried doing the Greet trick and pet focus got +5% for each Greet trick done.

I am guessing it will differ for each passive buff/pet.

So it seems that unlocking each buff requires some sort of combination of doing one or few of the tricks. It should be really easy to have the % move up by doing each trick at least once and watchign the progress bar - so its not a problem to pump the bar o 100% at all.

My pet is still level 1 so it is not the increase in level that matters (of course reaching certain level to be able to unlock it is necesery too).

Falagor

Interesting, so each pet has a unique trick combo you have to hit to unlock the buff?

Interesting, so each pet has a unique trick combo you have to hit to unlock the buff?

Not yet sure - but if you have problems pushing the bar up - try doing every trick and watch if it increases or not ;). If yes this woudl confirm this.

Falagor

Fair enough. first have to get my hands on some rare animal essence, then will get my passive 20% buff going.

thanks for sharing the test results, interesting to see how this develops

My understanding is the pet essence is just used at the moment for Stable owners to select which buffs they offer.

They could offer day buff, weeks buffs etc. It probably costs more for a stable owner to provide the week buffs than day buffs. The buffs on offer seem to run out after certain days, then the stable owner adds more essence to provide more buffs.

Star has loaded some buffs at PA stable, but I notice at Itacha the stable owner is still to set their buffs for sale

PASSIVE BUFFS:

Right Click on pet, select "Show Pet Status"
At the bottom of the info box you will see "info" or "Passive Effects"

Select "passive effects" and click on the unlock (padlock left side).
You will see information what Level the pet unlocks the passive effect.

If running a new pet, the yellow bar reducing to show how % is required to get the pet the level.
If looking at old pets, its bugged just shows 0%

ESSENCE CAUTION:
Look in passive window (as above)
All my pets show 15 "essence" and 0 for "essence rare"
This includes my 30K xp pet panther that shows the same values.
I don't exactly know what that means yet, but because the passive is not unlocked and should be then chances are pet XP are not calculating the correct essence value.

It's highly likely a fresh tamed pet will give same essence as a high skilled one. I wont use it, until advised otherwise by MA

METOBOLIC RATE:
This is interesting

Old pets are 10 metabolic rate
Devils and Dragons are 15
Bunnies are 11

You get more xp with the 15 metabolic pets over the 10, but they are more hungry pets.
All their passive buffs are Pet and skill gain, with exception of the bunny which gives acceleration at L17
Different pets unlock Passive Pet and skill gain at different levels.

Rick

ps: personally I would prefer a week "focus buff" rather than a day buff. I might try weekends, but mid week its just not worth it paying for 24 hours if only around for 6 of those hours.

Last edited:
Once it's unlocked it will remain that way for ever?

Once it's unlocked it will remain that way for ever?

Yes - you choose then when/if you want to activate or deactivate it (since you not always want that extra pecs of nutrio consumption)

Falagor

I am actually unable to unlock the passive buff on my pet daiki which is a bit troubling. I took it out, did all the tricks, kept it standing...the bar is at 0% and not moving. Have the required essence in my inventory and PED on card...any thoughts on this, seems based on prior comments this should not be the case.

My ancient is at 96% now for a 20% pet skill increase
Pet is a bit short of 95k experience.

Also says normal essence 15 and rare 1

I am actually unable to unlock the passive buff on my pet daiki which is a bit troubling. I took it out, did all the tricks, kept it standing...the bar is at 0% and not moving. Have the required essence in my inventory and PED on card...any thoughts on this, seems based on prior comments this should not be the case.

Mayby daiki is bugged? Do you know anyoen with that pet kind that unlocked the buff?

Falagor

My ancient is at 96% now for a 20% pet skill increase
Pet is a bit short of 95k experience.

Also says normal essence 15 and rare 1

Mine says I think 25 normal and 1 rare, which is what I have in inventory.

What did you do to get the unlock bar to start moving, for me tried all the tricks and left it out, so far no movement at all. and the pet is just short of 200K XP.

Mayby daiki is bugged? Do you know anyoen with that pet kind that unlocked the buff?

Falagor

Hmm, I believe Dan has unlocked the buff on this exact pet, Ancient Daiki Strong, but maybe my particular daiki is bugged...will screw around a little more today, if not will file a support case.

Hmm, I believe Dan has unlocked the buff on this exact pet, Ancient Daiki Strong, but maybe my particular daiki is bugged...will screw around a little more today, if not will file a support case.

I will ask - what planet are you on? I noticed the unlock gain by doing particula trick beeing on Calypso.

Falagor

I am on Calypso, if you can confirm others unlocking daiki strong would be great.

I tried every trick, starting with different ones, etc, no movement at all...

I think Dan actually unlocked it on Ark...

Not sure if it's the same with Ancients as it is with the other pets, but I know my bristlehog was well over the required level, but that bar indicating unlock percentage just wouldn't budge. I tried every trick, had it standing with me while crafting for quite some time. Nothing. that stupid unlock bar was STILL at 0%.

I decided to go tame some bunnies for the grinder, and decided to take Scrub (my bristlehog) along. He's very good a corralling the bunnies. :D Anyway, after taming a number of rabbits, I happened to look at the passive skills again and the bar had moved from 0% to 100%, so I was able to unlock right away, since I had the required essence carried.

So, long story short, here's my theory. You can test it yourself. I think that maybe for the progress bar to increase, you have got to be earning taming skills. Give it a try, as you haven't got anything to lose. If that doesn't work, then go ahead and file that support case.

Ah I see, that actually is a good theory and does make sense, so MA in their eternal wisdom has tied the passive buff unlocking to gaining taming skills...sounds right.

Pretty tough in my case, as they rarely rise, but I will absolutely give it a shot, great tip, thanks so much!

Please post if it worked :).

So it seems that different pets unlocks require different things to unlock:
- some raise the unlock by doing certain tricks
- some raise by tameing mobs.

Wonder if there is more into it?

Falagor

Actuall this may be the same thing: you get taming skills doing tricks as well, so maybe your bar raised when you got taming skills during tricks. It is just that at my level I rarely get skill lines...

will test and let you know

any update on this? Newest pet (oratan axe) is sitting at 66.3% on the auto loot and 50% on skill gain pet and taming.

Boxer I bought a while ago is already at 100 percent on each. Guess I'll just keep the Axe out and try random stuff with him to get him there too. Both have a long ways to go to meet the level requirements.

thanks for the tip in game. Auto loot pills do do the trick, but this is going to be time consuming since each pill's use is an hour!... so you have to go pop a pill, hunt an hour with auto loot on from that pill, then pop another pill to up the % just a little more... rinse and repeat. No shortcuts with logging out since the timer on the auto loot just stays frozen when you log out I think. Had the pet out while hunting but I didn't see the bar raise any until the pill was popped, so it seems the action of actually eating the pill is what causes the bar to raise a sliver... costly passive to activate in both resources and time.

Last edited:
thanks for the tip in game. Auto loot pills do do the trick, but this is going to be time consuming since each pill's use is an hour!... so you have to go pop a pill, hunt an hour with auto loot on from that pill, then pop another pill to up the % just a little more... rinse and repeat. No shortcuts with logging out since the timer on the auto loot just stays frozen when you log out I think. Had the pet out while hunting but I didn't see the bar raise any until the pill was popped, so it seems the action of actually eating the pill is what causes the bar to raise a sliver... costly passive to activate in both resources and time.

Simply taking the pill might not be enough, you might have to actually loot.
In which case one pill might do the trick.

I've got a autoloot wasp, but I'm not worried about the criteria until it's close to needed.
So I can't confirm, if that works. Try it on a few punies maybe.

Ma adjusted a few of the passives. Some pets need 3 kills to move the criteria now, so auto-loot a few mobs with your pill, as a real check.

Rick

Simply taking the pill might not be enough, you might have to actually loot.
In which case one pill might do the trick.

I've got a autoloot wasp, but I'm not worried about the criteria until it's close to needed.
So I can't confirm, if that works. Try it on a few punies maybe.

Ma adjusted a few of the passives. Some pets need 3 kills to move the criteria now, so auto-loot a few mobs with your pill, as a real check.

Rick
I'll play around with it later when I have some time to play around for over an hour at a time again. The other day it just seemed that the consumption of the pill was what caused the bar to move on the oratan loot even though I hunted with the pill's buff for an hour. (puny and bery mostly since I'm working on those iron)

Seems that with the the oratan axe's skill gain - pet and taming each tamed kanin raise the bar .3%. Same for chirin dragon. You'd think the dragon would do more since it's higher hp and level, but apparently not.

Last edited:
.......the consumption of the pill was what caused the bar to move .

Interesting ..thank you.

Seems that with the the oratan axe's skill gain - pet and taming each tamed kanin raise the bar .3%. Same for chirin dragon. You'd think the dragon would do more since it's higher hp and level, but apparently not.

I know that MA changed the Sterling I got. It turned almost into an iron mission. I needed 3 kills to get 0.01% of the criteria moving. I don't know if that was an error on Ma's part. I did it.....but I know that I'm not keen on doing that for other pets, if MA sets that as the norm.

Luckily for me, the old criteria was tame 3 pet for 1%. So 300 tame did it. I got a lot of pets finished on that basis.

MA keep messing with pets, from size, to criteria's to food used. I've got 34 active pets, with over 850K xp, I see the changes.

I'm sorry but all previous info "can be" meaningless.

Rick

Hi there,

some pets increases criteria by 1% for a certain number of kills (or since criteria reaches 33% 50% or 66%, depends o pets) and increases by 0.1% 0.3% each 3 kills for the remaining % of Criteria (if NO other things are involved: tricks, etc...)

and then... for autoloot pets, Autoloot pills are required to eat with pet spawned, yes; ...and the total "average" amount of pills needed are 40 (if you plan to unlock the buff at required level reached without loose money is good to start to eat its while hunting before to reach that LVL, imo); last... there are no difference, as I reckon, between adjusted autoloot pills and TT normal autoloot pills from trade terminal (same % increase on Criteria, if not changed lately).

Risen

...btw... maybe Boxer was awarded trained to the first owner, it could be the case of criterias at 100% already (I must be wrong btw if it was a tamed one).

Back