Question: How come 1$now is 9.5PED in webstore

chronos

Old Alpha
Society
Project-Asylum Corp
Stig Chronos Brannlund
I dont get it. Havent it always been like 1$ = 10 PED.
I mean if doing regular bank transfer (not visa/mastercard), there is no extra charge, or is it ?
Why would one buy this?

Maybe that is MA new cut? You depo $1 and get 9.5Ped in game versus credit card deposit which attracts $1 to 9.65Ped. Not sure how this is good?

If I use the webshop I have only paypal and visa as payment option. If I use bank transfer on the other deposit methods its still 1 usd = 10 ped (edit) - bank fees.

Last edited:
I dont get it. Havent it always been like 1$ = 10 PED.
I mean if doing regular bank transfer (not visa/mastercard), there is no extra charge, or is it ?
Why would one buy this?

The Swedish Treasury has been crappy at doing their job, USD vs SEK is now up and dont seem to stop.

7 SEK / USD was something we swedes got used to, now almost 9 SEK / USD

Perhaps this explains why you dont get what youre used to? if not ima shut up and read the replys :)

Maybe that is MA new cut? You depo $1 and get 9.5Ped in game versus credit card deposit which attracts $1 to 9.65Ped. Not sure how this is good?

<cut out crap I posted before>

Depends on the method, if it's a payment using paypal then they should inform us of any surcharge.

It may be Paypal cut is higher than bank cut by $0.15 making total fee $0.5 from $0.35 or 43% increase:)

it's 10 ped - bank fees ^^

Except that if you look at your statement, after depositing $10 there is also a fee in addition to getting less than 100 PED. Double dipping...

It's not double dipping.

Visa/MasterCard etc. have their own exchange rate which never coincides with the actual market value (noted rate). ie: this is how they make some of their money and a safety net just incase the exchange rate changes on them. This way they don't get stuck paying the difference while the market value of your money changes.

Next MindArk gets charged a fee that they pass on to the depositor. ie: 1 usd = 9.65 ped

MA doesn't make any money on your depos, they just pass on the cost to you. :)

It's not double dipping.

Visa/MasterCard etc. have their own exchange rate which never coincides with the actual market value (noted rate). ie: this is how they make some of their money and a safety net just incase the exchange rate changes on them. This way they don't get stuck paying the difference while the market value of your money changes.

Next MindArk gets charged a fee that they pass on to the depositor. ie: 1 usd = 9.65 ped

MA doesn't make any money on your depos, they just pass on the cost to you. :)

Not saying MA is double dipping. They're just passing a transaction charge onto us. The banks are double dipping.

Not saying MA is double dipping. They're just passing a transaction charge onto us. The banks are double dipping.

I don't think anyone is surprised anymore by any chicanery or even blatant larceny by banks worldwide. Frankly I would be surprised if the the banks WEREN'T double dipping, as the only reason they are not considered criminals is that they've lobbied to have the laws changed to make their blatant theft legal.

Save the world, hang a banker

-KingNobody

I don't think anyone is surprised anymore by any chicanery or even blatant larceny by banks worldwide. Frankly I would be surprised if the the banks WEREN'T double dipping, as the only reason they are not considered criminals is that they've lobbied to have the laws changed to make their blatant theft legal.

Save the world, hang a banker

-KingNobody
Although political, I have to agree. While we are at it, through a few insurance people under the bus as well! :yay:

Back