FYI: PVP value for game (benefits and limitations) resurect or let it die already

ktpsmf

Prowler
Society
just a visitor
not playing
Hello all,
I mean that 6% of people who tried or doing PVP in this game.
Like Gunzy said :
Code:
thank for all the negative reps in advance

I was reading forum this year and cannot describe real situation in game now because it is only from other people talks and forum threads but I wanted to describe pvp meaning for this game (now and in the past).

At first, what is pvp ? - Player versus Player fight. Can be easily described as Real life war people vs people.

2 sides are fighting, both sides has allot of allies, people are fooled by disinformation in both sides.
War mostly ends : 1 side happy , 1 side not so happy, 1 side rich.

why is there 3 sides ? if we know only 2 ? good and bad ?

there is no good or bad side, there is just another side. They have their believing, they have same % of people that war is bad. same% of patriots, and same % of criminals.

the 3rd side here is a "Gun sellers" that always win. Sometimes even they sell guns to both sides.
they don’t want war to end, because it will return many guns to market and no new sales.

Benefits of war is :
1.both sides needs to recreate losses (buildings, people trust, killed people work space)
2. increase military research trying to reduce harm for future conflicts.

this concept was implemented to games long time ago. i will not mention games that was started pvp as group vs groups, looking for allies and so on. I will try to describe how entropia implemented its pvp and what is wrong now.

I saw Coud’s post about unfair pvp and so on.

i believe 50%+ of support cases (not after vu) comes to ma about PVP.
1. he use aim bot
2. he shoot me without seeing.
3. he stole my peds in pvp4
4. he bug radar

and so on ...

at the moment pvp is like : (if i kill him - all ok, if not - he cheats and I write support)
as I mentioned before, there is no good and bad sides - there is just another side.
i believe both sides write supports about one or other people cheating. they even do not notice if they cheat or not, they just think it because it is used to it already.

PVP in entropia when i was playing required to have skills, good tiered armor and weapons.

people was skilling hp, evade , dodge - buying skills to have more hp or dodge.
paying 2000% for felis guns that 200ped felis t10 cost’ed 4000ped.
paid for high tiered armors that cost’ed like 3000 ped for whole set.
when I was playing felis t10 shot with bbc cost’ed ~5ped. that was price to one hit most people. but aim was so shit that needed like 4 times to hit a person.

to handle felis i had to have 60 lvl of hit/dmg of laser. that forced me even to chip in skill that I thought I never chip in shit value skill like rifle.

and i was not only one that done it.

Hunters was uber happy when they get similar lootable gun full tt with uber tiers. or similar armor .
Crafters was crafting felis guns only because they was hoping for uber tier gun that will give uber markup. That forced economics to move.

People was forced to go to pvp, because there was Markup!
mulmun, mulaak, mulukhir - gave mechi 105% , narc - 120%, blaus 110%.
mining pyrite was simple because it was everywhere found and was no waves .

but escaping for people was hard. that forced people to buy armors, skill hp , because they knew, that only thing to survive is fight back.

alot people was crying , but they was forced to skill.
Hijacker,jaro, hulk,nox, isma,faudil was crying allot how they kill each other, but in same time they was forced to skill up their hp , compete to be better and better in pvp , buy guns and armor no matter a price even.
some guns and armors was overplayed alot for this purpose.

To tell you a true, that was even "right click" function that in pvp all was using, it was way better than "select target" function now.
but guess what ? no one was complaining.
all supports what written is "he called me a !!!!" . nothing more.

what is changed now ?

all began when space was added.
people saw, that they can be a pirate just created avatar , put 100$ to deposit , and he has fully armored L quad and nothing more needed.

people who had like 5 years of skilling was equal to that new player in space.

only and main difference between 60lvl proffstanding and 1lvl players was : newbie’s was not afraid for looking exploits, bugs, cheats and other unfair actions to kill a victim or enemies.

than we started to see similar things how people blow quads, exits quad, repairs it and jumps again to fly.
others find out how to fly faster,
others find out how to hit 100% saving money for missed shots.

all exploits was invented by people who really not afraided to loose theyr investment, because all what they had is quad and some ammo.

That was real start of cheat era in Entropia Universe.
you ask me why ?

it is one simple answer.
People saw that Mindark stopped to give perm bans for users.
to be punished by mindark is really hard.
people saw that space cheaters was not punished even if they was filmed by fraps.
to support case : he aimed me 100%, reached me when we flied in same speed and i lost 1000ped.
answer was : we transfer it to future department. and case closed.

this was one and main reason seeing that people can sheet to get ped from others, and not be punished.

as i see now to get a warning need: 4-5 videos made by victim, society support , forum support.

after that, players lost hope.

all win or lose, was considered as cheat, eula violation , or unfair game.

1. 100% hit
2. vehicle hiding (pet hiding)
3. mob train
4. running , vehicle speed different from natural
5. low hp running in pvp4

was considered as exploit of unfair game.

Of course i agree that is unfair game mentioning here, but 5 years ago there was same :

1. 100% hit - right click
2. vehicle hiding - even pvp4 was vehicles allowed ppl was trying to run in quads and no one thought about tp chips because was not possible to run out because was no safe bubbles ) that i think it is a bit retarded in pvp to have)
3. mob trains was always a problem , but real pkers never mob trained any and it is not pvp but mentality problem
4. running , vehicle speed different from natural : gungnirs, quads strafe flying never was a problem
5. low hp running in pvp4 , always was same, but no one was using it because was no point. because there was regen (not like thorifoid hats)

So what changed? all in fact is same , just people was happy 5 years ago, and now all unhappy calling each other a cheater?

I tell you what happened.

People become tired, lack fo MA confidence

1. People saw that forces became unbalanced. When forces is ~10% difference (50/50 ,40/60, 60/40) and all balancing winners/losers.
than all are happy.
1 side happy by wining battle
2 other side happy for having good fight and trying to catch up wining side
3 Ma happy because most expensive profession in game are growing, by spending alot for money in MU and destroying skill implants to catch.

In normal world it is normal, to have 90% domination.
But in game that "god" is that one who really need to have care about.
when forces started to be unbalanced (because one side had better management) or (because other side leadership was weakened).
people started to give up.
In all situations there is a critical point. And pvp profession reached critical point.

When critical points was reached:
1 side started to dominate and grow fast.
2 side gave up and started to look to other professions : hunt, mine, less entertained or quit game (ronny macaroni , faudil...)
3 side (ma) started to loose economics, money, will to develop pvp profession

Sad , but this situation was not winning by any side.

when MA (god) abandon pvp profession what happened :

1. Losing side people joined 80% of left society and made 94% of society (players) talking how pvp is bad to game.
2. when people stopped to grow and compete each other they ruined market and value of high tiered guns, and skills that needed to grow as a pvp player.
3. Mindark saw that pvp profession is only 6% of left game, and started not to take attention even to bugs that is ruening whole game (because people think so)

Mindark stated that 6% of pvp is priority , that they added vaporizer. Hoping that people will be happy getting uber gun for low money .
Mindark thought that adding low req gun with uber damage will make people to balance 80/20 pvp forces.
but they made it wrong. Because people looked to that gun and understood that new coming pvp and mindark opinion about this is :
1. no need to skill
2. no need to reach for hp
3. no need to reach for bigger guns in this one is ok

At starting post i said gunzys words, that thank you for -rep in advance, because :

1. Losing side hope for changes
2. wining side don’t want any changes because they wining.
3. god "mindark" don’t care of both sides since they not bringing any use only problems for them.

In my opinion (that could be wrong) as i read all this threads, and 15 new threads in pvp was only about cheating. (0 about pvp globals, how nice lg was).
PVP is about to die , or ma even can turn off pvp (now it is just a parasite of game)

There is only 2 options for all of you, including mindark.
1. Let pvp die
2. Make drastic changes.

1. Let pvp die - it is really simple. 94% of people will happy, and 6% of people who had chance to join 94% but not joined will probably leave game.
mindark should calculate if this option will not bring many loses to game and what new purposes to play to implement for people.

2. make drastic changes - to prepaid for allot of bullshit. Since people afraid of new changes, but this is called "drastic changes".

in other games that was felt same critical points on pvp . "GOD" had to do that ugly job.
one of most successfull drastic changes can be implemented to entropia is :

1. max number of society members - calculated by whole game population. in this game i think 30 should be max.
That will make more leaders. More leaders= more opinions , more progress, more will to be in better social.
2. Society skills - passive skills bayed by peds(same as pets now), some(but not main ones) can be from main skill level of people(but not that ones which effect pvp, like portable terminals or portable storages like skill)
(old socials can live without being forced to change, but they will all go to new soc because old cannot parcipitate in lg or get social buffs or increase social levels)

3.More societies = more leaders = more similar and allies. So need to make Allies that can connect like 3-4 sociaties to allied.
no special is needed, because only psychical situation to have chat and know that you belong to ally that all others can see (than social leaders will try to be better soc to be attractive for one or other ally)

4. LANDGRAB - 1 Land only for 1 social, divide lands by quality, give every Land a special ability (One soc owning al has nice unique pet, other la gas nice yellow cloak, 3rd la has nice glowing shit on head, 4rd la can make gay rainbow under the sky he standing)
that will make social to choose which la they want to go fight, and that will make more than 1 soc to skill and progress to fight with bigger societies to get better la they want. But even if they lose, 6+ socials can own la’s and and will make 6 + tops socials that people want to be in , that will make competition among people to be better to be invited to social that owns la and has high social buffs.

(to avoid alternative avatars, baby soc help other soc) all la’s would be made in 1 same time, than wss cannot help wss minions, and ba hq cannot help ba other soc(they have like 50 of socials) :D

after avoiding alt avatars ma can invent (every la drop items needed to make soc buffs or needed to make "yellow cloaks" that only looks nice but no buffs . than people will hunt in las and sell to la owners(all will be happy)
(hunters and miners will have 1 more ability to choose from 6 opertunities to hunt or mine for materials that land owners offering best mu or best fees)

5. pvp ares like pvp4 - if there will be a chance to escape easily - there will be no progress unless thorifoid helm and teleportation chip.

if you want pvp4 alive - make less chance to escape, remove avatar names after they enter pvp, return mu to pvp4 that people have purpose to go and hope for proffit even if they lose fight.
ADD pvp benefites (not only achievements) - people like to have a (pvp cloak and spend 1000 of hours skilling ) even if that cloak is only decoration with no buff or benefit.
(people (like cloud) want to be called pkers, and chance to get unique item that has only Pkers have,will force people to reach it hard)

I have allot of ideas and things how really make this game is good for all. but i want to see if there is people left willing for changes, and Mindark will to resurrect this game part from death.

Result should be :

1. not 1 side but 6 sides will win.
2. all other 94% will become 30% and others will divide to socials trying to think which one of 6 battles they can try to win.
3. Ma will receive their money, benefits from people who want to pay for awesome game play and ability to spawn gay flag on they heads :D

gl all, happy reading and sorry for my mistakes.

and remembers - there is no bad or good side, there is just another side.

p.s. for real programmers group(1-3) people it can be done in like 1-2 months max.

p.s.s. sorry seems there is 8 las not 6.

p.s.s.s. sorry dr3w idk what u talk about

Last edited:
phew.... <<gets up for toilet break>>

At first, what is pvp ? - Player versus Player fight. Can be easily described as Real life war people vs people.
we have similar situation in Europe (Ukraine).

Can you keep shit gathered from mass media inside yourself, please?

Thank you.

I am in 94% that wants removal of pvp lootable completly ;) thx bb.

Imo its beyond the possibility to fix it. Better focus on fixing bugs and improving other content than PvP that only 6% (i have no idea where you got this number from) care about... let them go and find better game for their needs.

Falagor
:bandit:

i agree on that part
There's no bad or good side, just another side
Both side uses the existing bugs at least once making them "offenders".

Its a joke and unbalanced - agreed, every single bug / exploit goes unpunished, so no matter what you see people from all skill ranges using those to their advantage, why not right? as for myself spent more than i should to get somehow offensive answers from support when i clearly dont want to point fingers at individuals, just get problems solved.

Takes forever to get a simple answer of anything, atm i've got a exploit i filmed, where a player is clearly using a exploit,
The case was open 1month and 2 weeks ago, not even an answer, that kind of atitude makes people think - why to care when is not my problem?

alot of valid statement, a few work around non functional solution though.

Pvp in my book should be raw, atleast have some area which are raw, by raw i'm thinking avatar only, with your basic stuff, ul or L, tiered or not, no car, no pet, only boons given by mindforce and or "upcoming" LG boons and thats that.

Cars worked for a while untill being used for a wrong purpose and those bad thing were recycled into big pet using, we ain't need that crap, end of the story.

take away glitch, fail of coding in LG and aim/non missing target feature.

we dont have to give up on pvp like you gave up on the game, there is always a work around, pvp is in a bad stance but not yet to be burried... ever...

A great read, I hope they go for the drastic changes! This was the reason I sold out! I hope I can come back in future

the 3rd side here is a "Gun sellers" that always win. Sometimes even they sell guns to both sides.
they don’t want war to end, because it will return many guns to market and no new sales.

Damn now you got the song stuck in my head!

I think the OP pretty much sums up all the current problems with PVP, drastic change is needed.

Last edited:
+ rep this was a good read thanks

Back