Passive buffs for ancient pets

Should ancient pets have a special passive buff?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Doer

Marauder
Society
Rangers
David "Doer" Falkayn
Please explain your vote.

Background:

The new pet mobs introduced this past VU (that don't match the rest of the decor) have special passive buffs. This poll is because i'm curious if anyone else is bothered by the fact that "Legendary" rarity ancient pets have no special passive buffs. My opinion on the matter is that a lot of the crap that happens in the development of EU is just incompetence, but this is one of those cases where a decision is, to use the crude expression that came to mind, a dick move. The new, reenvisioned taming system already showed us that taming skills are optional for taming and therefore pointless (explanation). I didn't really expect great treatment for my foiled plans to develop a pet shop back in 2006, but it would have been nice if my whip were not made obsolete and these pets that have been mouldering away in my storage for eight years that i have been training again were not ending up to be the worst pets around (high food consumption) with nothing special to recommend them.

Agreed (too short)

I'm sure they'll add something. Taming implementation is still in its infancy.

On this note, I seem to be unable to unlock the single passive buff on my daiki, anyone else have this issue?

Have the required essence and PED and pet level...the unlock bar does not move from 0% no matter what tricks I do or how long pet sits out...support case time?

IMO the higher the rarity of a mob the higher should be its benefits from passive buffs - same goes for if they are easy or hard to train a mob that is hard to train and has high food consumption should yield considerably better buffs then some easy to train kanin that eats next to no food.

Hadn't mindark told us that ancient pets wont get any more functionality beyond what the former taming system offered ? The "legendary" is lip service imho, they are just "leftovers" bought back to life to ease public sentiment.

I wouldn't mind if im wrong

Hadn't mindark told us that ancient pets wont get any more functionality beyond what the former taming system offered ? The "legendary" is lip service imho, they are just "leftovers" bought back to life to ease public sentiment.

I wouldn't mind if im wrong

I don't think anyone expects more functionality, but more buffs would make sense.. or unique buffs taht only legendary creatures can have

I'll choose my vote after some pet release notes from the development team.

What is the intention for any pet?
What is the purpose the end game?

I started skilling a new devil, it gets more xp faster than my 30K panther which took me 3 months.
But then I got to thinking, there will be more pets in a few months, with bigger metabolic rates and better buffs making my devil redundant, or not worthy of skilling.

What is the plan?

Is it worth Entropians with ancient pets or new worth skilling them too high levels?
Is loads of skilling for xp worthwhile, or are we training them like mugs for nothing?

Give us purpose, give us release note, tell us why we commit to it hard-core.
I want to believe, but where is the information please?

Thank you

Rick

look at how worthwhile they made hunting, mining & crafting and you'll have your answer

Das

I'll choose my vote after some pet release notes from the development team.

What is the intention for any pet?
What is the purpose the end game?

I started skilling a new devil, it gets more xp faster than my 30K panther which took me 3 months.
But then I got to thinking, there will be more pets in a few months, with bigger metabolic rates and better buffs making my devil redundant, or not worthy of skilling.

What is the plan?

Is it worth Entropians with ancient pets or new worth skilling them too high levels?
Is loads of skilling for xp worthwhile, or are we training them like mugs for nothing?

Give us purpose, give us release note, tell us why we commit to it hard-core.
I want to believe, but where is the information please?

Thank you

Rick

Most of MA's revenue is from high-roller early adopters that will buy a new item at a premium or grind for it in hopes it will turn out to be profitable. For years they made an effort to ensure that was the case, but since they abandoned that policy it hasn't stopped a lot of peds being "invested" into things that are nerfed or just turn out to not be that great. The problem of course is that you can only take this so far before even the bullish are "beared" and/or boared [sic].

tl;dr: Not making the endgame clear is EU design document guideline #1

IMO the higher the rarity of a mob the higher should be its benefits from passive buffs - same goes for if they are easy or hard to train a mob that is hard to train and has high food consumption should yield considerably better buffs then some easy to train kanin that eats next to no food.

Yes that would be reasonable...

I voted Red because it was one of the main colors i used when i designed my face mask :girl:

Ought to at least be able to ride the ancient pets.

Needs to be some unique function whatever it is, and a useful one

Back